It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT: French Professor Sacked Over 9/11 Conspiracy Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Truth 911 is high on Russian MSM Media...

An academic in France has been sacked by the Ministry of Defence after questioning the official version of events surrounding the 9/11 attacks. He now reportedly plans to sue the government.

Aymeric Chauprade lost his job allegedly over the introduction to his latest book about political crises around the world, and more specifically, that the 9/11 attacks in New York City and Washington D.C. were an orchestrated “American-Israeli conspiracy”. The Defence Minister had strong objections to the material, so Aymeric had to go.

www.russiatoday.com...

- Truth will come out!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
- Truth will come out!

Sounds like it already did with his firing. Time to tone down the Cheese-eating surrender monkey attitude a tad, I guess, at least toward the French Ministry of Defense.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I hope he gets a big well funded suit going. 9/11 issues are in dire need of a court extravaganza. I certainly hope that the French courts give the French defence ministry the chastisement they so richly deserve and by proxy of course, administer to America the caning that it so richly deserves.

This is France's chance to get it's own back after that awful "freedom fries" and wine boycott fiasco. The courts should pull out all the stops and let the professor's suit be prosecuted by restaurant waiters.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think I might do a little bit more research into the story than to blindly accept something coming from a Russian source. Nothing personal, but um, Russian "news" outlets arent exactly known for their fact checking.......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted by Swampfox46_1999
I think I might do a little bit more research into the story than to blindly accept something coming from a Russian source. Nothing personal, but um, Russian "news" outlets arent exactly known for their fact checking.......

American 'news' outlets have not been too thorough with their fact checking either. The Bush Regime burned them regularly for eight long years.

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

The cover-up of Bush-era crimes is taking a shocking but not unexpected turn. A fateful move has been made and it is certain to backfire.
A prisoner who was horribly tortured in 2002 until he agreed - at the demand of Bush torturers - to say that al-Qaeda was linked to Saddam Hussein is suddenly dead
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died and tens of thousands of U.S. service members have either been killed or badly wounded in a war that was based on lies fortified and promoted by torture.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.salem-news.com

Related News Links:
www.sundayherald.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

[edit on 5/20/09 by SPreston]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

And your post has what exactly to do with the French guy supposedly getting fired? Oh wait, nothing. You saw "Swampfox46_1999" and just had to post something right?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Good news Swampy! The Russian press has improved! They are telling the truth, at least as near as my french can make out.

www.soutien-chauprade.com...

Le 5 février dernier, cet enseignant de géopolitique a été congédié par le ministre de la Défense à la suite d'un article paru dans Le Point. Chauprade est l'auteur d'un livre "Chronique du choc des civilisations" dans lequel il présente avec complaisance les thèses qui attribuent les attentats du 11 septembre à un complot américano-israélien.

The above states basically that the professor was fired from his position at le Collège interarmées de défense (CID) which, I gather is the French equivalent to something like West Point, but maybe snootier, for publishing an article based on ideas developed in a book which support the notion that the 9/11 attack was an American/Israeli joint venture.

I haven't taken the trouble to find out every little detail on the case but it seems that at a point in March the court ordered the defense minister to rescind his order firing Chauprade pending the outcome of a disciplinary procedure also ordered by the court. The court is insisting that the minister give Chauprade due process and the professor, for his part, in March, greeted this news as a "victory".

Bottom line. There is something to this story. I don't know where things stand now. From the Russian story, maybe the defense minister, after the disciplinary procedure was concluded, was able to again fire the professor after which Chauprade sued. I'm only speculating. I haven't tried to gather the latest details from the French press.

Here is a reference to the dismissal in Le Monde:

www.lemonde.fr...

Here is one in Le Parisien:

www.leparisien.fr...

Professeur Chauprade seems to have shocked people in the French establishment with his views. He holds a doctorate in international law from the Sorbonne and was a reserve officer of the French army at the time of his dismissal. The crème de la crème goes sour. Oh la la!

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted by Swampfox46_1999

posted by ipsedixit

Good news Swampy! The Russian press has improved! They are telling the truth, at least as near as my french can make out.

The court is insisting that the minister give Chauprade due process and the professor, for his part, in March, greeted this news as a "victory".

Bottom line. There is something to this story.

However the treacherous US Mainstream press is just getting worse and worse; apparently a willing propaganda organ for the government.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just to give a little more of the flavour of the situation. When I was trying to find references to the lawsuit in the French press, I was surprised to find very few references to Professor Chauprade, with one notable exception, Le Figaro.

In the last three years Le Figaro has written about Aymeric Chauprade and his opinions four times.

recherche.lefigaro.fr...

The reason why I mention this is that Le Figaro is a very conservative newspaper. I'm not sure it has an equivalent in the United States. It would be similar to the National Post in Toronto or Die Zeit in Germany. It's an excellent paper but very pro establishment.

Chauprade, being a professor at what used to be called the École de Guerre in France would be considered, by them, to be very much, a member of the club, even if he had provocative ideas.

So, the amusing thing is that up to his dismissal, they had him in their paper from time to time as a topic of discussion. However, when he was fired there was no mention of his dismissal, at least that I have been able to find using their site search engine.

The last article they published about him actually went to press a few days after his dismissal and one reader sent in the following comment after reading the article.

www.lefigaro.fr...

La liberté d'expression a bel et bien disparu dans ce pays, Morin a fait renvoyer Aymeric Chauprade de l'école de guerre pour avoir émis une pensée légèrement dissidente sur la version officielle des attentats du 11 septembre.
Ce pays commence à devenir vraiment irrespirable.

Loosely translated. "Freedom of expression has well and truly disappeared in this country. Morin (the defense minister) has removed Aymeric Chauprade from the War College for having expressed thoughts lightly dissenting from the official version of the September 11th attacks.
This country has started to become really stifling."

Echoes of North America in the French scene.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Now, see, just a little more research for more information. Wish more people would take your example Ip.

top topics

join