It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig Cobbler Left on the Shelves for the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving this Year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm in Georgia and we do Pigs Justice for the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving with extra bottles of KC Masterpiece and sometimes a can of Del Monte Pineapples..

Is it time to leave the Hash on the shelves for these two Holidays and break with tradition..
?

Or can I get away with one more year of Pork Bliss.. before the Swine Flu reaches it's Peak?

Anyone else craving Ham?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How is the South going to survive Swine Flu?

Every RaceTrack, Mall, and Jiffy Lube sells pork.. The other white meat is a way of life here too.

and DON'T mention BACON we have at least 80+ varieties.. that's not counting Country Ham for breakfast.

The word wouldn't get out fast enough to stop the spread of contaminated meat. The Fourth is month and one half away.

No one else here Eats BBQ

[edit on 18-5-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There's no need to stop eating bacon. The swine flu virus doesn't spread that way. I'd be more worried about crowds of people. I.e. on busses, trains or planes. Or perhaps theatres, cinemas and restaurants. My 2 cents

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I know this post is meant in jest, but eat all the pork you want. Swine flu can't be caught by eating pork.
Don't know how ya'll do it, but I use Strawberry's rub when I put pork in the barrel for grilling or smoking. Beats the hell out of KC or any of that other stuff. I do, however, use a sauce made here in Arkansas called Woody's, to brush on during the last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling.
It's vinegar based, which a lot of people don't like, but it adds area good taste to pork, chicken, and beef. (I buy mine at Sam's.)
Here in Arkansas, there ain't no damned way we are gonna put our pork on the shelf, this year, next year, or ever. (However, we might throw a little at radical muslims or homicide bombers, if absolutely necessary. But Damn! I hate to waste good bar-b-que.)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thank you Hellmutt,

That's good to know. I'm no Scientist (as you all may have noticed). This is good news then and I will fire up the pit for the upcoming Holidays.

thanks again

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Hi kettle

Sounds like you guys have figured out how to treat Pork right.. Who wants BBQ Turkey or Fish for the 4th

I'll have to try out that Recipe

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There are much worse things we can get from raw meat than swine flu.

Pork and chicken are not to be eaten if not properly cooked.

But people may as well stop eating beef also as there could possibly be Mad Cow disease in the beef you eat. Cooking doesn't kill that bug.

There is no swine flu that you can get from eating pork. But there are some real cute little worms and parasites you can get if the pork is not fully cooked.

I'm from Georgia too and I do love BBQ.

Eat the pork. You are safe.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I have my mind set on BBQ Hash and Rice with extra onions in July. We're heading out to the lake with a few close friends and family this year.

I wasn't sure if the Pork was safe to eat. The stores are stocking up on Ribs now too.

As far as cooking goes I can assure you it will be Done, I'm using Kingsford

join