It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam wants YOU!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A few days back at church, me and some friends were talking about the upcoming elections between Bush and Kerry, I mentioned I disagreed with the fact Bush is trying to bring up the draft and (being incredibly conservative christains) The first word out of one kids mouth was "FAGGOT!" and they pretty much unloaded a bunch of mean comments on me for "acting like a democrat." I myself am a middle of the road person, But I tend to lean more toward the conservative side, but the whole bush/draft thing really worrys me.
Anyway right now I'm the only person in my group of friends at church who thinks this and they are totally flaming me for this. Could someone help me bring up some good evidence that Bush IS bringing up the draft? I could do it myself but it would make things a lot easier to have some other poeple helping me with this. Oh yeah if your a conservative please don't flame me for this, I get enough from my friends.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
LOL! He yells 'faggot'! Why are you even bothering talking with simple minded fools like this kid about politics?

I am with you on this one. I don't want the draft to be restarted. I don't want to go on the suicide mission also known as Gulf War II. I myself am a moderate Republican, which someone pointed out could be a conservative Democrat, which makes a me a middle man, like you.

link   
From what I've been able to find, Bush hasn't really addressed the draft issue at all. Check out this thread for some extensive info on the draft idea and the actual bill before congress:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Here are some starters for you. You can use the search feature to find some existing threads on ATS. My saved search (you can click this to get my results) is www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two recent threads that mention the draft are:
- www.abovetopsecret.com...
-www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What kind of Christian community are you a part of? If you get called a "FAGGOT!" for saying that, then by no means should you continue to take part in that group of people. For one, those people you are talking to would never be able to be reasoned with as they are blind only to their own train of thought on the subject. Plus as a Christian calling people names goes directly against the word of Jesus who likens name calling to the act of murder. (Matthew 5:20-22 I believe)

Originally posted by glitch314
A few days back at church, me and some friends were talking about the upcoming elections between Bush and Kerry, I mentioned I disagreed with the fact Bush is trying to bring up the draft and (being incredibly conservative christains) The first word out of one kids mouth was "FAGGOT!" and they pretty much unloaded a bunch of mean comments on me for "acting like a democrat." I myself am a middle of the road person, But I tend to lean more toward the conservative side, but the whole bush/draft thing really worrys me.
Anyway right now I'm the only person in my group of friends at church who thinks this and they are totally flaming me for this. Could someone help me bring up some good evidence that Bush IS bringing up the draft? I could do it myself but it would make things a lot easier to have some other poeple helping me with this. Oh yeah if your a conservative please don't flame me for this, I get enough from my friends.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As junglejake pointed out, you can view the "Universal National Service Act of 2003" bill at www.congress.gov...:S.89:.

To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks a lot you guys, News articles would be of great use too, if anybody has some, again, thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Your "friends" sound like they're the faggots.

If that faggot George Bush tries to draft me; I'll walk to D.C. myself and personally beat the sh*t out of him.

Free Palestine and Iraq from the devil's clutches.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is why I feel there will be a draft...

Long but true...

Need Militia Members NOW !!.. to fight a foreign war!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Glitch, here's another link. Last time I checked, Hillary Clinton was not a Republican Bush-lover:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join