It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
S & F great find!!

Obviously some people on here arent taking this very serious and havent been following the other threads. I for one am spreading the word to people to be careful wash their hands, stay out of crowded places etc.

I just hope some people start following this closer and taking it a bit more serious!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

must you scare me with your logic?

the death count is probably not accurate either because the "cause of death" maybe attributed to something else other H1N1 itself.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

You seriously need to read your history and learn.

This is how the 1918 flu started. The exact same way.

People like you were yelling when it first started ... oh it's just a few people, don't panic.

And then 100 million people died the following fall.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Sorry.

Actually, there's nothing to worry about. Really. I threw some cards, checked the planet's horoscope and am doing some focused visualization with some very powerful personal friends. So it's all good.

the death count is probably not accurate either because the "cause of death" maybe attributed to something else other H1N1 itself.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

If im not wrong its the year of the pig in China does that change your card readings at all.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

WRONG

Why cant people do what the net is for.SEARCHING.
Do I get angry at this.No I dont.
I just feel sadness for those who are entrusted with their care.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hi Hx3 and to all those who have endevored to keep us in the know.

Your efforts are appreciated by many,many more than those who do not yet see how and where this will lead to.
I have remained just a reader from the start of this but to see the stupidity
of some who speak with a blind view,Well it beggers belief.

It is a sad thing to see that even with the facts,people still cannot use their own individual thought to gauge how this is really going to pan out.

My greatest respects to you Hx3, eco and to all you other guys and girls who have made a difference in making the numbers a few more less.
Oh and better not forget the lass just across the water from me.Hi cosmic pixie if your reading this.

For those who do not get what I mean by less,well sorry that you may soon be adding to the numbers.I dont like saying that,but.

[edit on 15/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by djzombie

While I can partially understand your trepidation in taking this matter seriously, let me give you my viewpoint on this which causes concern for myself.

Firstly, I am not all that concerned at this stage of dying from H1N1. I am watching for any changes in the virus as it may swing back in the fall to create more of a mess than any of us care to see, especially if the mutations are happening already.

What concerns me, and would hopefully concern anyone if you have watched this website for any solid length of time is the matter of governments having plans in place which would implement martial law/police state-esque plans during a period of pandemics. Forced vaccinations, Verichip (can go through a needle), quarantined areas/quarantined nations, losing all rights if you're infected, eugenics/population control, ad infinitum. These are serious matters, and matters that are brought much more closely to the forefront than we probably have seen since September 11th.

What I also believe many people with your viewpoint fail to realize is that the complications from the "seasonal flu" are included causes of death with the official death toll. So the constant argument of "365,000 people die from the seasonal flu" is inaccurate when comparing it to the outbreak of a new virus that has been consistently noted only when it is the direct cause.

Do I think people should run amok flailing their arms in some vague attempt at dramatic hysteria? Absolutely not. I do believe that people should be aware, and definitely have the opportunity to discuss the issue without being treated like Chicken Little. There is a wealth of information in these swine flu threads, and personally I will not mock any member that takes an issue seriously and diligently researches news to bring the latest into one location for review.

If you believe the government always has your best interest in mind, feel free to look at this matter how you wish.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

*Edit - I can't speel.

[edit on 5/15/09 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mutations make swine flu virus more dangerous than AIDS
english.pravda.ru...

And yet more Intel...

Someone seems worried...

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

All I have to say H3 is your doing a great job, anytime I want info about the flu, I come here and read your info. Well you prob. already know what I think about the number predicted, it makes more sense but I am sure its a bit higher, many have it and don't know they have it yet also incubating or whatnot. It appears that we just have to sit and wait for whatever it does to happen now. It is just great thou that we can keep track of it.. Again, thanks for all the great work bro..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I would bet that as many people do with the flu, they never seek medical help and so they are not tracked, only someone seriously sick enough to seek treatment would show up on radar and then only after testing confirmed to have the so called swine flu, but as has proven this flu is spreading and it is spreading exponentially, the thing that should surprise people, and even the non believers, the numbers are growing and traditional flu season has passed, news flash..flu season normally peaks around April...

What you say is true.

Also keep in mid that a diagnosis of H1N1 or Swine Flu can only be made by the CDC so until that happens the diagnosis is just plain flu.

There are too many people that can not afford milk for their children so they will not be able to take off from work or afford the doctor bill or the labs. They will manage as best as they can at home until the child gets better or until they can no longer manage the child at home.

There are many people suffering with symptoms that will never be seen by a doctor or hospital. We can only pray that they come through this unscathed and with little discomfort.

I am also seeing an unusual increase of symptoms showing up in a large number of young people that you would normally find almost exclusively in the elderly. I don't know if this is related or just a blip on the screen.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Star 4 U!

You're way to kind!

As I'm sure most of you are aware now, the .gov has limited testing to critical cases in hospitalized situations mostly now, so, this will give very skewed numbers not to be trusted...and this is another indicator of "Censorship"...

Due to the transition of surveillance and reporting on influenza A (H1N1) towards routine seasonal influenza tracking, Veratect will cease providing Twitter posts for this event as of 8:00p EST, May 15, 2009

"towards routine seasonal influenza tracking"...what is this supposed to mean?

Sounds like they're not worried now...Hmmm...I don't trust this one little bit and neither should you...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Year of the ox I thought...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

Your correct

WELCOME TO "2009 YEAR OF THE OX"
www.squidoo.com...

It's a "inside" running joke *I believe*

Had ya going for a second eh?

He said that there seems to be more cases of flu generally in the U.S. -- both the seasonal and the new H1N1 swine flu -- than is usually seen at this time of the year. "There are 22 U.S. states that are reporting widespread or regional influenza activity, which is something that we would not expect at this time," Jernigan said.

Now this statement leads me to believe, that even though this article is dated today, this quote was from a week ago maybe?

If that's the case then 100k IS way to low, going by current *reported* numbers???

They don't want to make it easy to figure out...have to decipher .gov speak...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here...

Ya know what else is kinda scary?

If they're pretty much cought up from the backlog of samples sent in...

And...they're not testing the general population now...

Then these increasing numbers must be from more serious/hospitalization cases??? Hmmm...

Does that make any sense to Y'all?

Mild U.S. Swine Flu Cases May Exceed Official Tally
www.nytimes.com...

The real number of swine flu cases in the United States could be “upwards of 100,000,” a top public health official estimated on Friday — far higher than the official count of 7,415 cases confirmed by laboratories.

The official, Dr. Daniel Jernigan, head of flu epidemiology for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said at a news conference that the official number gave an inaccurate picture of the outbreak because so few mildly sick people were being tested.

He added that flu was more prevalent than usual, “something we would not normally expect at this time of year.” But he emphasized that most cases were mild. There have been only 173 hospitalizations and 5 deaths reported to the disease centers.
More at Link...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I don't care anymore about this swine flu, not that I dont care about the people it has affected thus far. Honestly I just want to live my life, for how
ever long or short it is, and be happy. If I get the swine flu then so be it, it must be my fate. But I refuse to sit around worrying and having to stop and question everything I do because of something I have no control over. Life is what you make it, there are always diseases, war and famine that are going to happen,it's been happening since the dawn of man. Why let this run our lives? I know the possibilities are scary, but for me I would rather focus my energy on living my life with purpose, unconditionally loving my family, friends and humanity and giving back to people who need it most. Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You seriously need to read your history and learn.

This is how the 1918 flu started. The exact same way.

People like you were yelling when it first started ... oh it's just a few people, don't panic.

And then 100 million people died the following fall.

Don't preach the history of the Spanish flu to me bub. It killed both my mother's parents and I know exactly how it worked. And don't you find it strange that that particular pandemic started in military camps in Kansas?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmmm...great...

A New, New H1N1 in Mexico?
May 15, 2009
blogs.sciencemag.org...

This odd exchange took place at today’s press conference with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

David Brown, The Washington Post: There’s a report that there is yet another new H1N1 virus that has been found in the states of Durango, Zacatecas, and Jalisco that is distinct from both this swine H1N1 and the seasonal Brisbane H1N1. Have you heard of this and can you tell us anything about this?

Daniel Jernigan, CDC’s deputy director of influenza division: We’ve heard of some reports about that, but I’ve not had any direct information about the specifics of that case. There’s ongoing dialog between us and the folks that are in Mexico, and as we know more about that, we’ll be able to let people know.

ScienceInsider is investigating but has yet to learn anything substantive. It was aired in a public venue, though, and likely will receive media attention, regardless of whether it turns out to be false.

—Jon Cohen

Update (6:44EDT, 15 May): “We heard a rumor but think it may be a misinterpretation of some lab data by a non-lab person,” Nancy Cox, head of CDC’s influenza division, tells ScienceInsider. “We are following up.”

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
If you believe the government always has your best interest in mind, ...

Ohhhh .... you said it so well!

Okay .. questions for ya'll ...

Swine Flu symptoms are ..... fever with sore throat and then heavy chest congestion and body aches, right?

What exactly are the symptoms of 'mild swine flu?

Or are those symptoms the mild ones and the 'severe'cases are those in the hospital??

I've read accounts ranging from "I felt like it was just a regular cold" (U of D student) ... to people thinking they were absolutely going to die and the pain and feeling of drowning were beyond discription.

So what would 'mild' be?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd go with yer interpretation...

The more severe cases would probably include distressed breathing, extreme dehydration and confusion...to name a few...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join