It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer - Look at todays event 13-May-09

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Wow

Click on this HAARP link below and set the graph top be 1 month (the max i think).

What the hell is happening today/yesterday?

I think the Mag North Line has gone waaaay of chart.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Basic terms please - what does that mean?

I'm interested!

wZn

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

That is what i was going to say.
Its clear that something was happening for such a spike, but i know nothing about it, hopefully someone can keep us lay folk informed.
Could it be related to the shuttle mission.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't understand what the graph is indicating even though it looks like a magnetic spike occurred on 4/30 and again today while the blue and red lines are descending in proportion to the magnetic indicator. I don't get it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I can only link it with 2 things.

The Sun and its crazy magnetism at present. This is taken from the front page of spaceweather.com.

NOT A SUNSPOT: Solar activity comes in many forms. Today, astronomers are monitoring an enormous patch of seething magnetism churning through the sun's surface in a splash of bright, white froth. It is not a sunspot, but it is worth a look.
The active region could be a "proto-sunspot"--a sunspot struggling to form, but not quite able to organize its own magnetic fields into a coherent, dark core. Or it could be a "sunspot corpse"--the decaying remains of a farside sunspot turning toward Earth at the end of its short life. Whatever it is, its magnetic polarity identifies it as a member of new Solar Cycle 24--and that makes it a sign of things to come.

Think of Magnets and the push pull join effects. If we complement the Suns poles then maybe we would become linked in someway.

Im not sure, I am sure theyre are more knowledgebale people on this board.

Have a look at the Sun right now
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Also note there is a Neutron Star thats made itself known recently (in space terms). This could also have an effect as well.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Interesting... but if you peruse the data (set 'Plot Width' to 1 month and keep hitting 'Previous') from earlier months, you'll see that similar 'anomalies' have occurred in the past. Go back to Novermber 2008 and you'll see a very similar trend. Or go back to August 2008 and you'll see a really impressive one.

Since we aren't qualified to interpret these plots it's really difficult to place any gavity in this.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Interesting... but if you peruse the data (set 'Plot Width' to 1 month and keep hitting 'Previous') from earlier months, you'll see that similar 'anomalies' have occurred in the past. Go back to Novermber 2008 and you'll see a very similar trend. Or go back to August 2008 and you'll see a really impressive one.

Since we aren't qualified to interpret these plots it's really difficult to place any gavity in this.

yes exactly.

thats why I mentioned the Neutron Star.
science.nasa.gov...

The star, known as SGR J1550-5418, lies in the southern constellation Norma. It began a series of modest eruptions on Oct. 3, 2008, settled down for a while, then roared back to life on Jan. 22, 2009, with an intense episode.

Because of its rapid-fire outbursts and gamma-ray spectrum, astronomers classify the object as a "soft-gamma-ray repeater" -- only the sixth known. In 2004, a giant flare from another soft-gamma-ray repeater was so intense it ionized Earth's upper atmosphere from 50,000 light-years away: more.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes, what are we looking at here?

It seems spikes occur often.

Here's a some activity from December:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/362e579014f6.png[/atsimg]

So, can you explain what you're getting at here or is this going to be another of those "OMG I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SEEING BUT BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT IT MUST BE BAD!" threads?

[edit on 13/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I understand alright thanks.

I am building a picture of events, the high winds and weird storms.

Sun acting crazy.
Earths Magnetoshpere playing silly buggers.
The Neutron Star.
Shuttle in a dangerous place.

I actually posted it to get some input. But as usual you get jumped on for trying to LEARN.

Still I guess you cant have discussions on ATS no more. FACT or FICTION is all thats left is it?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Not jumped on.

Let's call it nipping it in the bud.

The spaceweather article is interesting, cheers!

[edit on 13/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
this is interesting, but I would be a bit more concerned about looking at the one month trend

It kind of explains the chart as magnetic storms. the fluctuations are when storms are stronger acoording to that page.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It looks about the same as the Poker Flat back at the beginning of May. I'm not sure that this is an anomaly, when you alter the scale to 2000, it looks to be just a normal spike.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43346d36f034.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

some of the best discoveries have come from a person thining outside the box as you have on this. It may very well be nothing, but it did not cost me any extra to check it out. I too am having a little trouble thinking of how the hubble telescope would be worth seven lives. It is kind of old and I would assume that technology has improved in the last 20 years to the point that perhapst instead of risking human life (which I thought was a bit more important than some money) it would make more sense to build a newer, better telescope to see even farther into time/space. And there might be something there related to the magnetic field. It kind of makes you wonder why HAARP was even built.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

that graph makes it look very localized. thanks for putting that one up.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
These things happen all the time, just some random burst hitting - no damage done.

Use this to get a clearer view of whats going down,

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

ah, if I only understood that stuff....
Thanks for posting that. Now I have to try to learn something that will most certainly make my head hurt.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Off topic but look at what happened on the 11th of November 2008.

Dont forget this is when lots of people partook in the Global Meditation at 11.11pm...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

haha if u REALLY want to make your head hurt, these three will help

www3.nict.go.jp...

alas they only come in moonspeak but basically they're #fairly# simple to understand none the less.......haha only joking in english they're just as complex!

interesting to see though if you're trying to understand what's going on with the magnetosphere and all that business, i recommend them hand in hand with some wiki articles to get you on the right track...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am going to link everyone into this person youtube Channel page. I want to get this out of the way first before we get calls for bad editing.

I strongly suggest you read his Chan page Info and the write up on a per video basis. www.youtube.com...

Ill link in the newer ones as a reference.. he does go back in time where this is noticable.

Go and check out his write ups for the videos. they make for very interesting reading if youre interested in this stuff.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by komp_uk]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The spike would appear to be "noise". Nothing that looks like a geomagnetic storm.
Here are some examples of what to look for in magnetometer readings.
examples

Here's the data from Boulder.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

But the Sun is starting to show some signs of "waking up".

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Phage]

<<   2 >>

join