It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: H1N1 Virus. Please Stop. Thank you.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I am so sorry that you have it, but just look upon it as the flu - and you will get over it.

Sure, it has killed, but other flus kill a lot more people.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I completely agree, this needs to end, i mean how many posts a day on average is ATS getting on this thing? Its out of control, everyone is in a panic over this thing and its not needed........when people start dropping like flies, and it starts getting really bad, then worry. As it stands, its just a lot of hype about nothing, people freaking out and posts everywhere, and the media going crazy, its blown way out of proportion. I can think of several outbreaks of sickness that warranted much more concern than this, and they didnt cause as much wide spread panic. It seems to me this is just a smoke screen to divert attention from something, and people are playing right into it.....if you dont want to be apart of that , then please PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD knock it off.......

This type of thing requires Mitigation to lessen its effects. There are many who are highly susceptible to this virus. Failure to mitigate its spread and to further the notion of complacency is murderous in my mind!!!

When the news first broke the medias response was appropriate, given that we were seeing a 7-8% mortality rate which made the virus a shoe in for the worst Pandemic in human history. The 1918 flu only killed 2.5% of those affected.

So what outbreaks warranted more attention? This is a flu by the way, your very likley to get this virus its just a matter of time.

The Sheeple here on ATS who, “Are no longer worried” are part of the problem now. I was really surprised that they went for it Hook line and sinker. Good job Bubba!

P.S. Its better be scared and informed/prepared than blissfully ignorant when and if this thing hits you and your loved ones

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, everybody put your blinders on to reality and sing lalalalalalala

I appreciate your positivity but ignoring the truth never helps. The fact is there is a virus out there and it IS news.

Sorry, but I have to agree with OmegaPoint. This is news only because the main stream media are told to pretend that it's something important. It's news of no value whatsoever. It's a god damned flu and a mild one at that. Here's what the real news is: It's a virus concocted in the lab by one James S. Roberson, Britain's leading bioengineer of viruses. Why he did it and who paid him to do it, are the issues the news should be screaming about.

Nobody's putting blinders on. But for god's sake, enough blather about "a new case appeared today, bringing the total in Kentucky to a frightening... three. All are said to be doing fine after spending an entire hour in bed and are now out golfing. But just to be on the safe side, schools and shopping centers will be closed for a month." It's utter idiocy! And the biggest idiots are the ones who fall for this government sponsored fear mongering and being the obedient gerbils they are... take the vaccine.

Enough already!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

When the news first broke the medias response was appropriate, given that we were seeing a 7-8% mortality rate which made the virus a shoe in for the worst Pandemic in human history. The 1918 flu only killed 2.5% of those affected.

This type of thing requires Mitigation to lessen its effects. There are many who are highly susceptible to this virus. Failure to mitigate its spread and to further the notion of complacency is murderous in my mind!!!

This is a flu by the way, your very likley to get this virus its just a matter of time.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

This is a flu by the way, your very likley to get this virus its just a matter of time.

What are you smokin'? And get that finger outta my face. Oh, I can see you're gonna be popular here. Don't be surprised if you get run outta Dodge sporting that avatar.

The mortality rates were blown out of proportion by the fact that the number of deaths was a lie, but at no point did they approach anything like 1%, let alone 7%. And please don't preach to me about the mortality rate of the Spanish flu. I know all about that one because it killed both my mother's parents. So my mother, who was one year old at the time, never really met her parents and I never had grandparents. In my mind, they were murdered because that flu was developed in a lab by the US army.

www.sott.net...

What's really the issue here, is that 2 years ago, biologists exhumed the bodies of people who had been murdered by the Spanish flu to try to replicate that virus. That's in the main stream media, not a candidate for argument.
This is an engineered weapon of war and it has been unleashed on the people. That's what's important here and the MSM is being paid big money to keep it hush, hush.

Instead, all their doing is repeatedly coming out with these asinine stats about "another person was heard sneezing today". I'm sick and tired of the nonsense news just like OmegaPoints is. Let's get to the bottom of the real issue here.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

What are you smokin'? And get that finger outta my face. Oh, I can see you're gonna be popular here. Don't be surprised if you get run outta Dodge sporting that avatar.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Albertarocks]
I hope you are joking about his avitar..

Regaurdless of where it came from,it is here,and will probably get worse..If you dont think that,well i geuss yould be praying you can breath when your lungs are filled....Unbeleivable..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Is truth really so offensive? At first we did see a high mortality rate. Like you said it now appears to have been fudged. The Media response was appropriate friend. Mitigation is priority #1.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Swine Flu Blah Blah Blah.....If everyone is that scared, better go lock yourselves in a fall-out shelter- maybe when you come out there will only be another exhibit of media hysteria.
Ever tried to eat supper wearing a P2 mask

This crap puts me in mind of a film I saw years ago, which was of a radio play about aliens landing....more people killed themselves in the panic, when there was no real threat at all.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Yeah that happened, Orsin Wells right. Thats why it is illegal now days. Swine flu may not be a threat to me and you but it is to many. Its a murderous affair to not try and mitigate its spread. Period!!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The appeal to narcissism as a means to conquer. Always an excellent and appealling choice to many. Enjoy.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The appeal to narcissism as a means to conquer. Always an excellent and appealling choice to many. Enjoy.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I liken your theory here to my boss telling everyone at a company meeting that yes, the economy is in decline but we refuse to participate! L O double L!

What can you do, huh?

If this works I'm going to start imagining that I am the empress of the planet Shelley.

I am also going to believe myself into complete freedom from paying any bills and from having to buy things that I need.

*The taxes are not due....the taxes are not due....the taxes are not due*

If I say it enough it shall become true.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The mortality rate out of Mexico is very low. This will probably amount to a whole lot of nothing. Sadly, much to the dismay of many on this board. Some like a good ol' disaster, mind-boggingly enough.

As far as the orginal message: Well, I do buy into some of that, but I think reality is reality, and believing it hard enough won't just make it go away. I've seen and read about 'The Source' and all that other new 'new age' stuff, and some of it does make sense. Positive energy flows to positive, negative to negative, etc.

But an illness is an illness. If you are subjected to it, and it's in your body, I don't buy that "being positive" about it will kill it. Ignoring it won't make it non-effective. Being positive about not catching it won't help either. If you touch say, a railing, and wipe your nose, and the virus is there, being 'really positive' about it won't magically make it not do what it normally does.

It's sort of like quantum physics. While I believe a lot of it (although I still think scientists are adhering to some theories as if they were fact, although they don't really know), there are some that think we create what we see. You open your eyes. You see things. This is created in your mind, because quauntum physics says this can be the case. Sorry, I don't buy that, either. What things are, are what they are.

If you stood under a piano, and they dropped it over your head, will positive thinking keep it from landing on you? No, gravity will have none of that, sorry. Same with this virus.

I think it's not a huge deal at the moment though, no worse than any other flu. So I wouldn't sweat it regardless. Not yet anyways.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I like your style OP.
Finally someone who gets it

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My freind is really into this positive thinking new agey stuff, He has tried to 'convert' me yes i have seen the Biggest secret and What the Bleep do we know?

But i like to be me, even if i am abit negative sometimes im also more into reality and current events

Id rather watch the news, read this and other websites and be prepared for ANY eventuality be it nibiru,swine,avian,spacegoatfart,sit X.

I think i am just a logical person though, i find it hard to believe that sticking your head in the sand ostrich style would help you in any way
apart from making it easier for people to 'get you from behind'

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Reading]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The H1N1 virus by itself isnt by itself dangerous. What worries me is all the media hype it got. Thousands of people die from the regular flu every year and a couple hundred have died from this....but this got sensationalized and the public was inundated with images of people wearing masks all around the globe. I think the danger in this virus lies in its ability to mutate so quickly. Say it meets up with the bird flu and mutates. THAT could be a real danger, but right now, i would say we're fine....unless perhaps someone already knows that they will meet up and lets say that it might be being pushed along. Was this public sensationalization of this relatively harmless strain a test, sort of a heads up y'all? Only time will tell......

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

A 4% mortality rate amoungst infected is LOW?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a friend of a friend felt he had some symptoms last week...

so he dialled the swineflu hotline...

and all he got on the line was crackling.

(sorry, that was a joke)
i was glad to hear some humor at last.
i know people are sick all over the world with all sorts of ailments and pain but we need to laugh sometimes.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

thats strange, this pdf document from aggriculture .gov says that swine flu has a mortality rate of about 1 to 4 percent........and ive found numerous sites including some off the cdc that suggest that your numbers are heavily inflated...

agriculture.sc.gov...

Once again, yes its good to be prepared, but panic is not.

my argument still stands

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC

a friend of a friend felt he had some symptoms last week...

so he dialled the swineflu hotline...

and all he got on the line was crackling.

(sorry, that was a joke)

i was glad to hear some humor at last.
i know people are sick all over the world with all sorts of ailments and pain but we need to laugh sometimes.
Oh my god im sorry to hear about your freind hopefully they can prescribe some oinkment?

Ha Ha Ha thanks for making me laugh and making it possible for me to add my bit on!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Reading]

<< 1    3 >>

join