It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really going on with the flu in Mexico**PICTURES**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Photos

Some folks were wondering what's really going on in Mexico so I posted a few pictures.

There's no horrible killer flu in Mexico either. As you can see by the parking lots and the food court at the mall, everyone's out shopping, working, and going about their business as usual. You'll notice no one in the food court at the mall is even wearing a mask. If the virus really did hit here before it hit there, and it's supposed to get worse after a month I think we'd all be sick and staying home.
I haven't been able to find anyone that knows anyone who's been sick let alone died from the flu here. And no, I don't live in a cruise ship town nor do I live in a gated community.

We've all been played by our governments and the media yet again. Maybe they used the flu scare to take our attention away from the economy, maybe it was so we didn't notice they are taking the GPS coordinates of our front doors, maybe it was just a trial run to see how we'd react when they hit us with the real thing, maybe it was to ready us for marshal law, I don't know.

What I do know is that they want to keep us running scared and we've got to stop feeding into it.
We have to stop the division. No more blaming the democrat, republican, European, Canadian, American,or Mexican. We are all human. We all live, love, and feel pain the same.

If we all stand together, there's a hell of a lot more of us than there are of them.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm very glad you posted those pictures. It is good to see our brothers and sisters to the South are going about their lives as usual, despite what our media would have us believe (both about the brotherhood and the state of affairs). Be well.

Truthfully,
Shane

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just a hunch, but i don't believe you. Are you two disinfo agents?

Photos look like stock photos, especially how everything is wonderful and happy playing with a dog in the pool.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

What! I put a piece of paper in front of some of the photos, left hand corner that says ATS so people would know they're new photos. How could that be a stock photo? The dog in the pool was an upload accident along with doubles of some photo's, I don't know how to the photo book. Oh and there were also the blurry images. Are you joking

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Still those photos don't prove the date they were taken, nor do the people in the photos prove anything either. For all we know you could be far away from any outbreaks, and even in the center of outbreaks there's people without masks that could care less.
And yet you act as if you've just disproved the entire swine flu situation. With a few useless photos.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I posted a few days ago that I would get some pics this week. I then put ATS in the photo's, they're from today unless you're insinuating I'm psychic and took them months ago with ATS on them to post today.
I live in a town with a population of over a million. If the virus was that bad then wouldn't it be spread all over Mexico???

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sadly, this isn't the first time I've been accused of being a disinfo agent. I guess genuine kinship is only emulated by those hoping to deceive these days. We live in a dark world where someone's word cannot be trusted because of perceived disinfo agents.

Incidentally, I'm unaware of any disinfo agents online, but I'm relatively new to these types of forums so it's always a possibility.

In the future, please regard my posts as genuine unless otherwise noted, you can trust me.
I think and write freely.

Truthfully,
Shane

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

If you're genuine Shane, then please accept my apologies.

However, my suspicions were raised by the double post from two people with new accounts, both claiming how wonderful and rosy life is.

I think we are all just concerned about propaganda and how we have witnessed ourselves this week the way news is reported, changed or ignored for insidious and nefarious intent.

Could you go to your city centre and take photos in the day holding a newspaper please, that would be great clarification.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I like your attitude. We are all brothers. I lurked at ATS on hubbys account for about 6 months before I got my own. I never posted, this was my first time. Now I know why

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What I do know is that they want to keep us running scared and we've got to stop feeding into it. We have to stop the division. No more blaming the democrat, republican, European, Canadian, American,or Mexican. We are all human. We all live, love, and feel pain the same.

Wow, sounds like a communist, Chavez-esque chant
Now i'm even more suspicious

If we all stand together, there's a hell of a lot more of us than there are of them.

Yes, but 'they' have big scary guns and fingers on switches controlling the machinations of society.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If I remember right your from Yucatan?right?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
my best friend just got back this weekend from a trip to mexico and said everything was completely normal. people out and about, etc.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Yes I'm in the Yucatan, not Cancun. A week and a half ago I was in Mexico City on business. I started thinking something was wrong while there when everyone was saying they knew of no one sick. Now it's pretty obvious, to me anyway

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

If you're genuine Shane, then please accept my apologies.

However, my suspicions were raised by the double post from two people with new accounts, both claiming how wonderful and rosy life is.

The irony of that comment is that the OP joined ATS before you did.
What has being new got anything to do with it?
There are also photos on other sites, taken by known Mexican posters, who have gone out and taken photos and are saying pretty much the same thing.

I guess this is the culture of negativity that SkepticOverlord was on about.

Thanks for the pics OP.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote
reply to post by Redpillblues

Yes I'm in the Yucatan, not Cancun. A week and a half ago I was in Mexico City on business. I started thinking something was wrong while there when everyone was saying they knew of no one sick. Now it's pretty obvious, to me anyway

Unless you were touring the hospitals, it is unsurprising that you didn't find indications of any swine flu cases, when you consider the percentage of those infected compared to the entire population. And it's too early to make assumptions, I still don't see the need of posting those photos. Time itself will tell what is really going on, I don't know why everybody is in such a hurry for disproving it.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Listen Up

Any further unfounded accusations towards ANY member in this thread (be it "disinfo agent", liar or anything of the sorts) will result in the offender receiving a warning and a point deduction.

Come on guys. This is not how we do things on ATS. If you feel a post/picture is questionable you say so in a civilized manner. You don't make bold accusations.

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I apologise for the insinuation Wyleecoyote & Shane, sorry.

I do not want to debase any user, especially new members..like myself.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Just a hunch, but i don't believe you. Are you two disinfo agents?

Photos look like stock photos, especially how everything is wonderful and happy playing with a dog in the pool.

YES IT is HERE (again)....DISINFOpigparanoiFLU!!
Sorry guys, if people are constantly calling posts DISINFO, you can wrap up the ATS-forum and all others.
Ask questions, give answers, provide data and discuss. Don't call names. First proof it.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

It's been handled, thank you. Please remain focused on the topic.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've been accused of being a disinfo agents several times. Apparently, if you provide proof of something (or proof it doesn't exist), the counter-argument is that you can't possibly be right, you must be an agent!

And I love this site so far, but I think you folks put too much stock into how 'important' it is. You really think a government would put disinfo agents on sites like these? I don't.

I realize some folks WANT this to be a full blown, deadly epidemic created by evil NWO governments.. and they are crushed that alas, it's just a normal situation. On no.. people are not dying by the thousands! How terrible eh?

I for one am thrilled this turned out to be much ado about nothing.

<<   2 >>

join