It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Video that every one of us should watch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A beautifully put together video about the way our world has become. Its a pretty sad reality about how much we have abused the planet we live on.

I wish everyone could watch this and actually maybe lsten to the important messages in it.

Lots of wise words. Enjoy.

G.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My hopes are that more people will S & F this thread because what a great video! Thank you so much for bringing this here. I posted it on my facebook and I will be trying to tell all of my friends to watch as well.

Maybe some of my friends will finally become more cognizant of what I have been trying to convey.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A wonderful meditation. Thank you

When you think about this earth, about this life, it is absolutely unbelievable what these humans are doing. To destroy everything, to be greedy and hateful... Bah. What good does that do? Why can't the humans just live, in a positive way and only a bit humble? But instead, we are to the planet like a giant swarm of grasshoppers. Some cancer in the heart of the victim.

And humans have all the abilities to live rightful. Still it's all about the right to choose... Transformation is greatly needed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
But if it wasn't for modernization, we wouldn't be watching that clip, or posting about it on the internet ....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
this is true, but i think the video talks of much more important mis-uses, not really the internet!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
agreed. you can't ball everything up in one sack. there's an ebb and flow to balance and making smart decisions can be one of the things that can push us forward via technology and responsible practice and still extend a hand of wisdom and help to our natural environment.

harmony. someday...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Aren't all the things we take for granted contributing problems described in the video?. Q-tips, concrete, industrial agriculture, automotive, hair dye, moisturiser, medicine and any other energy hungry crutch one cares to mention. How many of us could live without any or all of the above?, how many of us would want to?.
But it says in genesis (if you like fairy stories) that we are to "fill the earth and conquer it", well, to conquer something generally requires injuring it. Is it not time to let go of that false assumption and realise that perhaps, we are NOT that special?. Unfortunately, I'm finding it very hard to think of a way of returning our species to harmony and balance with nature, other than culling. The brick wall our friend mentioned.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by feoil

Actually i believe the verse is "be fruitful and multiply". If your quotations are indeed a verse i'd appreciate which one it is, if you don't mind sharing.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that. I can't stop crying, because I know it won't stop until it stops us. We will have to go, the earth is threatened by us and in order to keep supporting life, it will have to get rid of most of us.
The beauty of this world simply takes my breath away!! Thanks again, I will be forwarding that to everyone I know!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Beautiful video.

Yea, that brick wall is coming up fast alright. There is no reversing our course, the brakes cannot stop the momentum we've picked up our attained addiction to ravenous consumption. We will, in fact, destroy ourselves - and that is well established. Hell, half the conspiracies out there ultimately come down to a select group of humans who are doing little more than guiding our inevitable self destruction. Funny that it is the same forces of progress which manifested so many of the horrors of the world which now channel them and are isolated from the toxic byproducts. The controlled demolition of humanity.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
thank you for posting this
its beautiful
it brings you back to earth

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I love the Native American way of looking at nature and the interconnectedness of all living and non living things. We could still have so many things and respect the planet and animals. I could live without Q-tips and hair dye if it were really going to make a difference. It is the way we just toss things and give no thought to where it is going. We don't work with the land, we rape it.

I don't think there is a way to turn this consumption based, wealth driven society to one with a gentler way and simpler way of life. I think that brick wall is going to hurt, I wonder if it will get hit in my lifetime?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I take issue with your use of the word "we". "Its a pretty sad reality about how much we have abused the planet we live on." The we part does come in but "we" are not the perpetrators we are the semi innocent victims. There is a lot of promotion trying to hang guilt on all of us for what the Illuminati/NWO mentalities have done and continue to do. Yes, it is also true that much of wrong could be stopped if people where not so weak and could actually stand up for "right" as opposed to "convenient". But the general media use of "we" is a guilt trip misdirecting responsibility away from the real perpetrators who no only do the damage but repress the clean alternatives.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
We all become nice humans and save ourselves from destruction blahdy blahdy blah... All to a sugar sweet soundtrack.

Like the dude at the beginning said was right. We don't change the planet goes on. But the fundamental basis of our nature is much like bacteria and it will not change. The bulk consume, there will be smaller groups that move out to find new resource and most will die but statistically the species survives through peaks and troughs.

Its not corporations its human nature that calls the shots. In times of crisis the unselfish gene kicks in and we cling on, but on a geological timescale we'll last a blink of an eye.

That's when the penguins take over.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

No bible expert me, but weren't all the other animals told to be fuitful and multiply with just one specific type of monkey told to conquer it?.
'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and conquer it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all.............."
I suppose it depends on whatever translation whatever church or congregation approves of.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Does your car use a fossil fuel? WE

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
im glad people are enjoying this. i love the wise words and how its just a really good length too. it says it all in the short space of time.

thanks for your nice comments, G

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thank you "grantbeed" for posting the video
many great words and much food for thought

The Native American Ten Commandments.

The Earth is our Mother - care for her.
Honor all your relations.
Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.
All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.
Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
Do what needs to be done for the good of all.
Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day.
Speak the truth; but only of the good in others.
Follow the rhythm of nature; rise and retire with the sun.
Enjoy life’s journey, but leave no tracks.

Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find
That money cannot be eaten.

--CREE INDIAN PROPHECY

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Beautiful,
but the growing mushrooms and octopus walking on two legs really creeped me out

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
nice video many stars and flags