It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

infinite's guide to using google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Google is the worlds number one search engine. Now in a few simply steps i will show you how to narrow down your search. This will help you cut down on the crap that one finds on the internet. Instead of million of sites, its more like 50.Lets try this;
Go on google and enter this;

inurl:mil filetype:doc "army"

now if you done it correctly you should get this. what google has done is scanned all sites which end in "mil" (miltary) to find any file,which is a word document that contains the word "army".

Next example is this;

inurl:gov filetype:xls "time"

now you should get this. In this example google has scanned all sites which end in "gov" (government) to find any spreadsheet file, which contains the word "time".

Now use this to cut out all the crap on the internet. This will narrow your search done a hell of a lot. Note this, myself and the whole of ATS is not held responible for what you search for i.e if you get anything which is illegal.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So if I find the schematics of Area51 and get a visit from the MIB's, I can't sue you ?

Typical

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
lol pisky, right my ass is safe so i can't get the blame. Its your own fault

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
another to enhance google's services is by goin to the settings. You can get more items on one page instead of the usual 10. You can also turn off safesearch which gives you more info.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
These are pretty good links on how to really refine your Google search:
Google Guide: Crafting Your Query by using Special Characters
Google Guide: Using Search Operators (Advanced Operators)
Quick Reference: Google Advanced Operators (Cheat Sheet)

Did you know that you can use Google as a calculator? Aside from basic and advanced math, you can use it to convert the value of currencies and measurements.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
What confuses me is how to the operators of Google make money? You dont have to pay to get your site on there, right? Or do they get it all from the ads on the right?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
They make money from GoogleAds, AdSense and AdWords

Google Advertising Programs

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thanks. This turns out to be really useful!
And I've just use quotation marks so far " "

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Nordman]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I found out about this a couple of years ago, its extremely addictive. I've discovered some very interesting reads since i started searching.

Currently searching for Total Information Awareness on all .mil sites at the moment. Intriguing!

new topics

top topics

join