It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For selfish reasons, I kinda wish we were quarantined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am a stay at home dad and me and my wife feel family is the most important thing in life. So for selfish reasons I kinda wish we were all quarantines in the USA or at least in my area. We have plenty of food and supplies stocked up so it would just be nice if me and my wife and 5 kids would just get to all stay home together and spend time together. We don't often all get together to do things so I think if the kids didnt go to school for a couple weeks and my wife stayed hom from work for a couple weeks, it could be really nice.

Me and my wife are the type of people that would love to just live on a farm and live off the land instead of working for somone. Only thing is 3 of our kids are from my wife last marriage so we cannot just move far away and live off a farm. So the idea of us all being stuck at home together actually sounds really nice.

Anyone else out there that kinda wishes, for selfish reasons, that we could be quarantined?

I know for the general population being quarantined could be very bad because a lot of people are probably not prepared, so thats why I say I want it for selfish reasons.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well, after working at home in a rather small city condo for about 11 years now, I sometimes feel quarantuned on a daily basis. One thing I've learned about the work-at-home life is that if you don't watch out, it can feel less like you are working at home and more like you are living in an office.

People sometimes tell me they are jealous of my lifestyle...they don't see me working 14 hours a day and drinking six coffees in a row to keep my eyelids propped open at 3 AM after 2 days without sleep right before a deadline. If you don't manage your time with surgical precision , a quick "well, I guess I'll just surf on over to ATS for a sec" can turn into "woah...where did that afternoon go?" (admit it: we've all been there.)

I know in people's imagination "working at home" fantasies are filled with visions of days in fluffy bathrobes and afternoon naps on the comfy sofa, with maybe pleasant images of tapping away at a laptop on the beach or whatever. People who entertain such pleasant daydreams somehow always seem to forget that pesky "actually having to work" part. And in my case, my wife is also stay-at-home, so sometimes we start feeling more like prison cellmates rather than a married couple.

Be that as it may, I ain't complaining....I've still got steady work which is more than a lot of better men than me can say these days. For that I am very, very thankful.

On a side note, I remember reading that during the SARS outbreak, the Singapore govt. quarantined everyone with the disease but actually INSTALLED CAMERAS IN THEIR HOMES and monitored them. Reading that gave me the chills. Singapore has that whole "squeaky-clean friendly orwellian" thing going on, of course, and are known for extremes (jailtime for chewing gum on the sidewalk, anyone?). I used to think such things could never happen in the West. These days though, it almost wouldn't suprise me, which in itself is rather disturbing.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wonder how quarantine would work in my situation? My family and I are only here on a visit. My wife is not a U.S. citizen and surprisingly has no desire to be. Anyways. She can only be here for 90 days on her visa. I have been wondering what we would do if they lock down the borders or quarantine the area and she can't get out. I'd say that USCIS would be calm and understanding, but we are talking about the feds...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I know what you mean. I stay at home and take care of our 5 kids and some of my friends are like "man you are hella lucky" but they just dont get it, it's not easy, I got a #load of work to do and it's not easy. I pretty much work 7 days a week, because if i dont do anything every day I feel bad because my wife works 5 days a week. It is not easy to stay at home and take care of 5 kids, laundry alone is a killer.

It gets stessfull being at home, working at home 7 days a week, so then just grocery shoping without the kids is almost like a mini vacation. Any guy that has his wife stay at home with the kids and complains to her is an ASSHOLE! lol Staying at home is NOT easy when you have a bunch of kids.

It's not easy staying home but I would'nt trade it for the world, I love my kids and love staying home with them and I also deeply love my wife so that's why I kinda wish we were all stuck at home together.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I wonder how quarantine would work in my situation? My family and I are only here on a visit. My wife is not a U.S. citizen and surprisingly has no desire to be. Anyways. She can only be here for 90 days on her visa. I have been wondering what we would do if they lock down the borders or quarantine the area and she can't get out. I'd say that USCIS would be calm and understanding, but we are
talking about the feds...

hmmm..... That IS interesting... I wonder what WOULD happen. I have NO idea, but I hope only the best for you two...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean about being a stay at home father. In my last marriage, I was a stay at home father and I operated a business in the garage (no not a meth lab). It is not easy. I only had 2 kids at that time, so I imagine that 5 at once would be plenty to handle.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I miss my job working at home...

The talk about working at home makes me so sad.... The paycheck, the days upon weeks of not leaving the apartment. The good old days.

Yeah, I wish for quarantine, too. Anything to get some time away from school, and still get to keep the apartment.

I have a severe fear of just being out and about, amongst people... so having to go out sucks, period.

Well, still there is hope of collapse of this debt-based system... so we can stop being born into a life of debt and slavery.

join