It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the media think we are idiots?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

The CDC said in a new report on Friday it had confirmed 84 out of up to 176 deaths in Mexico blamed on the H1N1 strain.

This was posted on Friday, now on Saturday they confirm only 19? How many patients were resurrected from the dead?

news.yahoo.com...

Mexico swine flu death toll jumps to 19

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They don't just think we're idiots. They think we're violent idiots that like to be scared and that can be easily used for their own agenda.

So the answer is.. yes. They do.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Agreed. Yes, the media thinks you are an idiot. They have good reason to believe that.

Most people are fighting to save their job, their home and their way of life right now.

The media comes on and says, "Go to sleep, everything is fine, your magical new President has it all under control, everything is fine."

Your too busy trying to put out the little fires in your life to realize the whole world is ablaze.

When you watch the MSM, you should always be asking yourself, "Why are they telling me these lies?"

Because that's all they have to offer.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
its the other way around. we think the media are idiots.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Does the media think we are idiots?

The expression is "Useful Idiots" and they are right.

The general population still believes that the mainstream media is impartial and unbiased.

Can you imagine the power wielded by such an organisation whom no one even suspects is wholly agenda driven?

Useful idiot

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Things are definitely getting worse with the media, more slapdash, more propagandistic, less and less truthful and meaningful. Its been a 30-to-40-year slide in this direction; the trend probably started in earnest in the 70s. But its really picked up steam and gone parabolic in the last decade or so.

There are three main causes behind this:
1) People actually are stupider and lazier, at least in terms of exercising critical thought and "pondering"-style wisdom. This stuff takes time and effort.
2) The media ownership is consolidated into fewer hands, so there is less competition and thus less need to provide accurate, high-quality information.
3) The media has become more of a profit-making business. The "mystique" of journalism is gone. People used to consider journalism a "calling" or at least a profession, like medicine, academia or even religious ministry. There was a commitmentto something more than profit. No more. Those who haven't sold out have been suqeezed out.

Actually, if you look at the REALLY long term its more of a regression to the mean. Its not like medieval peasants (or even medieval royalty) had a really accurate sense of "the big picture" pr even vaguely accurate info about the world.

Fortunately, amazingly, somehow, we do have an ace in the hole, at least for now: the internet. But they are closing the door fast on that one, have you noticed? And IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY to us to keep the door propped open so at least a little Truth, Light, and Righteousness can get in. Stay strong, people. Stay strong. Its up to us.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The media is truly the most powerful tool in the weapons box of the NWO cabal and man, do they know how to spin it up to their advantage. The only reason it works is because we watch it.

Turn your TV's off like I did long ago, and they won't have an audience. Nothing like peacefully disarming the most dangerous enemy currently facing mankind, right?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They may have gone too far this time... even people I know who are not at ALL interested in conspiracy theories think they are not getting the truth from anyone this time... perhaps this incident will wake a few more people up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
yes absolutely...Lets face it the world,well at least america is full of imbicles...and MORANS!!!
the rest are just classified as conspiracy theorists...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Somebody certainly does.

How many people die worldwide each year as a result of flu? Thousands!!! Nary a word is said..

However while the majority of the population are worrying about catching Swine Flu they drop the ball on the real issues of the world. It is almost a drug - keep them drugged up with unnecessary worry about something that is so remote the ‘pigs will fly’ before we catch the flu and we are not taking a close look at what is really going on..

What a God send for the Governments of the world and the drug companies!!! Make you think doesn’t it..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I knew a guy named Moran. But, yes, he was also a moron. Okay. Spelling nazi mode off. Actually, I like Bugs Bunny when he called people Maroons. lol. But he was cute and cuddly and quite the wascal. But, yeah, the MSM and the government rather thinks us to be all morons. I can't refute their beliefs. We do seem to be a nation of morons. Or, maybe, intelligent, but lazy. Or gutless. I know I am. Or at least it seems so far to other people. Let's look at what is going on just in the last few days. Manbirdpig flu, the government controlled bankruptcy of Chrysler, soon to be GM, forced overtakes of banks, forced firing of executives, more moneu to be given to Citibank, tax money on bonuses paid to executives, some of who were paid to be retained, and then left the companies, alledeged attacks in Gaza, a meeting of politicians with AIPAC, little kids in San Diego being the cause of the flu, oh, wait, it came from Ohio, UFO's everywhere, Michelle's expensive tennis shoes, bowing of a US president to a king, yikes, touching the queen while wearing a sweater, lol. It's all overload to confuse us. It separates us. It ain't good.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
the media doesn't think, they're robots executing programs and commands..
that's all there is to it. just like on your PC, there will be glitches in the system from time to time.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by jaden_x]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Directly from the W.H.O. website.

www.who.int...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 10 2 May 2009 --

The situation continues to evolve. As of 18:00 GMT+1, 2 May 2009, 16 countries have officially reported 658 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection. Mexico has reported 397 confirmed human cases of infection, including 16 deaths. The higher number of cases from Mexico in the past 48 hours reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 160 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (51), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), France (2), Germany (6), Israel (3), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (15). Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis. WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities. There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

This number matches CDC's own numbers.
www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
“”I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.”

~William Tecumseh Sherman~ Union General & Commander of the Western Theatre

That was 1864 my friends…

How long has the Media been promoting propaganda…watch HBO’s Rome and the paid public speaker outside of the Forum shouting out the news of the day and the businesses advertising it and then consider it was likely the same way in Ur?

Do the media think you are stupid? Check your Neilson’s Rating Guide for just how many of us are.

Now consider Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black cautioning Will Smith…

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

that was dry humor..It was a tribute to that pic of the guy holding the sign up

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

I think it has too. I've a lot of friends who never question anything going - "what is the media doing? Are they crazy? What's going on?"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately most of the population are idiots.

So I would say no, they don't think we're idiots, they just know that most of us are truly stupid.

I think we've pretty must proven it. They still have their ratings and everyone, including many of the people on this very website (who should know better), still listen to their useless fear mongering drivel and still take it as gospel. Just look at the massive amounts of garbage that has been posted for the past week alone. And don't forget about all the threads pertaining to what a hero that Glen Beck guy is and how fox is finally turning around. *sigh* And we're supposed to be the informed minority! AHHH I can't take it anymore!!

It's pathetic and its doing a good job at making me lose my faith in humanity and especially the people who live in my once great country. No matter how hard I try I just cant comprehend why people still pay attention to what these charlatans have to say about anything.

Its gotta be brainwashing or NLP or something...its just gotta...right?

right......

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Told you guys I thought AJ was wrong on this one. I do not believe this is being over hyped. If it was the death toll would be exagerated and its obviously being lied about. Heck one Dr from one Mexico hospital reported almost 50 dead by himself early on.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
They don’t think we are idiots; they know it and make bank on it daily. We are like little squirrels that can be distracted by a shiny object. People fight for what they lack the most. What do you need? I needed a reason to stop opening my 401k statements and say, “well, at least we don’t have the Flying Pig Flu.”

Here is a good yard stick for how stupid we are. People here, on ATS, after 7 days of discussion, dissertation, and discovery, are still posting that they don’t see this flu as being a problem. They ignore the math, they ignore the mixed messages, and they accept the rewriting of the historical reports when the ink is still wet with no suspicion.

What I think is frustrating the masses right now is that they know they are being lied to by those in power but they are not clever enough to explain how or why it is happening. I can’t go to Mexico to check the numbers so theirs are all I can believe in. All contrary beliefs are discredited by the same source, so the masses must back off from being associated with “fringe” thoughts; it goes against our need to belong.

I still expect Pandemic Level 6 Monday.

Oh, on this same note just one small example;
By MARGIE MASON – 10 minutes ago 5/3/09
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said there were 11 cases of people suspected to have died in Mexico from the virus in the last 24 hours. The alarming news came after the epidemic's toll in Mexico appeared to have been leveling off.
And this little bit;

Late Saturday, Mexico's confirmed swine flu cases jumped by about 25 to 473,

WOW, a 19 fold growth in 24 hours! AP wire

Until more is known about the outbreak in Mexico, no one should be making any bold predictions, experts say.

You heard the man. Stop thinking and testing the facts! And fo goodness sake stop collecting the historical records!

Note, The first US cases began last Friday night. I believe that was when we saw our first US infection. And I just read that the Flying Pig Flu runs 7-10 days. When do you expect US deaths to happen? Day 2, 4 or 9?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well judging by the hard time I have explaining to people this swine flu thing is serious, we are idiots. Most of us have been conditioned perfectly into believing what we are told on television/newspapers etc. First step is to break that conditioning before you can dig deeper into things.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join