It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu hype is an insult to your intelligence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You might be half right with this. However...

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Can't you see that Swine Flu is the Bad Guys' last attempt to control the world's population? Can't you see that they are desperate?

Can't you see that they have introduced the Swine Flu because they are losing control over us?

Well I don't know that it's desperation, and I don't know that anyone has "won."

Are more people are seeing through the BS manipulation? Yes. But not nearly enough. Not even close.

Peace, Mulder.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would think that a pandemic would be a very good cover for spraying the flu virus over various populations. Load predator drones with the virus and spray Somalia, Pakistan's Waziristan area and certain areas of Afghanistan to take out the pirates, Taliban, al-Queda and others. For depopulation, fly over major population centers in every country. Have to be a tightly controlled and compartmentalized ‘black' project until objectives were obtained.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
The flu came out too late in the season. By the time the next flu season starts, many people will already be exposed and have some resistance.

That's a Northern Hemisphere scenario. What about the Southern?

Remember we're just entering flu season here so it might come down , incubate, mix again with some other seasonal flu, then head up back to the northern.

Then again, it might not.

Flu has probably been around as long as mankind has in order to catch it.
Time will tell. In the meantime, practice caution, wash your hands , etc etc etc , all the usual things you do to prevent getting the flu in the first place.

Time & precautions will tell.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
well it is a sure-fire way to get your superpower bleeding heart photo-op seeking neighbors to rush in where angels dare tread.

thats one for the NAU. the more the US runs to Mexico's aid the more likely it is to become the 51st state. (Canada, you're next.)

...it might also be a way to keep bystanders in their homes while a war is waged on the streets between the cartels and DEA.

all of this and a ufo hot spot to boot!

personally... i think the sensationalism and hype was a way to probe our reaction to the possibility of a large scale biological attack... um event. its nice to know that the fine people bringing us our news are going to panic first and long before all hell breaks loose.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

You think that I don't know the difference between swine flu hype and Brad Pitt walking into the middle of Times Square and pooping in front of everyone in broad daylight? My cat wasn't born yesterday, and neither was I...my cat does poop in public though.

This is all a scam. Every bit of it. The floodgates are open for a reason. Why? it may take a while to find that out. The reptilians and Anderson Cooper have their plans....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Can't you see that they have introduced the Swine Flu because they are losing control over us?

This is what's really going on.

The mankind is awakened and won't be controlled or fooled by the media anymore. We are not the sheep anymore, we can think for ourselves. We are the creators of our destiny. We have won.
[edit on 1-5-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

One slight problem with that: we haven't. By and large, we haven't woken up, we haven't gained control, we haven't created our own destiny. Yes, more than ever people are waking up. But 3 million visitors? (To ATS) In a world of six billion people, that's a drop in the bucket.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fat15inch

I agree with you 100%
This is nutss!!!!

Well,,my 1 neighbor now wears a plastic white pull over type bio suit and a football helmet type mask, the other has locked himself in and wont answer the door and the other has round the clock bible study meetings..
This swine is hype!,,

30,000 die of the flu yearly
If mexico had better healthcare options for the poor the deaths woulda been cut by 95%,,and washing their hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its very common getting sick in mexico,
VERY unsanitary,,

The news media will get get bored with this very soon and it will dissapear,,,

dont want to seem like a jerk and Im sorry for the deaths that happened,,
but this hype reminds me of those Georgia boys with the dead bigfoot body..

cant beleive how everyone is buying into this,,,

Now this could cause some problems for 3rd world countries but I dont see this happening,,,

As I said,,its very un sanitary in Mexico...

Getting sick in Mexico is very common if you are not used to the conditions and the pathogens in the water and food...We are talking about people who are born and raised there. Mexico actually has pretty decent health care...the issue with some of the people who are dying from this virus is the fact that they are too far from the Hospitals who can actually treat them...But the potential "lurking shadow" of this all is that even the hospitals can not cure or appropriately treat the infected cases they are receiving. The OP can say all he/she wants about this virus but only time will tell the severity of the illness and the toll it will take on those who contract it. I for one am completely against taking the Tamiflu pill or innoculation. We will have to revisit the post in a while and then see what the results were before we give the OP any harsh criticism, after all it is his/her opinion. And looking back to 1918 the Spanish Flu may have killed millions but today a few million or even a few 10's of millions is a very small fraction of the world. AIDS kills almost as many people every year in Africa..SO good luck with your chances....I am still living life like I always have...if it gets me it gets me if not ....then I will let you know in a few months.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Stumpy1]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I guess I am not going to worry much unless I or my family gets it. I can't do anything about it anyway. Jesus said, (The Sermon on the Mount) "who of you can add one minute to your life by worrying"? Makes sense if you ask me. I see it on the news (but they have always lied to us).I have seen nor heard from anyone, except faceless people such as we have here. I am not saying it's not real, but I will not worry until it actually looks me in the eye and says "i'ts your turn now". I also noticed that there seems to be a campaign of responses on this post that seem to be vehemently attacking those who think the pandemic (possibility) is but a farce. Normally I would just blow it off, but it seems to hit a real 'personal' note with a few on here.Almost like they really, really want us to believe in this pandemic. It may be real or not, it may be a scare tactic or not.........but what is with all of the personal interests and seemingly baseless anger? I THINK I SMELL GOVERNMENT CHEERLEADERS IN THIS ROOM!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Hi there. I know you are probably fearful of catching viruses and things, but I then read your signature comment!

signature the bigger the lie, the more people believe it- Adolf Hitler change?

Is your signature facetious, or simply a piss-take of Adolf H?
Either way its probably a good notion to live by!
And also, I didn't actually hear of Swine Flu reported as being in Africa; did you- and when??
At any rate, from professional experience; I can tell you that the occurrence of HIV is marginally small in Australia! And similarly the media hype was just as panic-worthy in the early 80's when media first trumpeted that.
Maybe the fact that many people are "tested " with the same needle for a blood-borne virus (Africa), is the reasons that Hiv is or isnt so rampant in Africa. Who is the delegator for testing- WHO (world health Org.)
Be careful of the big lie you are so prompt to believe!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Dang Spooky, you are a logical and reasonable thinking ATS member.

You may take your marbles and go home but we will miss you in the game.

Your opinion is valued and we need your brain working on this situation.

Of course, you are free to do as you please but would be nice if you would stay and help figure this thing out.

It's going to take all of us working together to solve this mystery and deny ignorance.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thanks. I do think though that no-matter how many reasonable or unreasonable posts we decide to banter with over this matter; what ever our governments have preplanned in this enigma, will be the result that outs!
Yah, democracy!'
The altruistic ideal that fails whomever places their faith.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

first off, i never said there was swine flu in Africa, but there will be

i never said anything about HIV in austrailia

i agree there is far too much media hype but this is a potentialy fatal virus that has made a strain of bird flu contaigus from human to human and its spreading quickly when it shouldnt (a month past flu season), and the death rates are way higher then seasonal flu. seasonal flu around 0.1 %fatal cases swine flu between 1.5% and 7% dependent on figures you use. spanish flu 2%

and HIV being tranmitted by dirty needles in africa does happen quite often but is more often transmited through sex and either way it doesnt negate the fact that HIV is killing millions in Africa but i guess its okay because its just from dirty needles and is a big pharma money scheme...such hype that evil media and CDC worrying about the transmission of potentialy fatal diseases

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Thank you for your intelligence, this is absolutely ridiculous! I work for a food processing company and they spent 70,000 dollars on masks, when we can't even get parts to work on our equipment!

When this is all over I believe the American people should be at the very least given and apology for the hysteria this has caused! It is disgusting.

Unbelievable. S/F

[edit on (5/2/09) by gnosis111]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Dying of HIV or AIDS? one can live for a long time with HIV so long as they sustain a healthy lifestyle, which clearly a lot of people in that region never have better health as an option.
At any rate I was making my point that Swine Flu just maybe be another of these Pandemics that is killing so many, yet we are lucky to ever meet anyone whom is affected.
It was actually you who interjected HIV, and even Ebola into the mix- in an attempt to support your obviously staunch and flawed point of view.
Until there is any tangible proof (I work within Medicine), I for one will not be loosing sleep over this. Nor will I be startled by shadows created by media B.S.
I am sure the drug companies are working on a government subsidized immunization program, as we speak!!!So please dont worry- they will save us.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
its all bullcrap. I'm so sick of the manipulation of the world population by a few powerful people and their cronies. This will only stop when people of this world decide they have had enough. Unfortunately, the majority of thepopulation trusts their governments, and accept every word from their vile mouth.

Have you guys seen the article below. What did I tell youlast week??? This is being used to scare people INTO BUYING ALL SORTS OF CRAP. Yes, the gov has found a way to stimulate the economy. Through fear and intimidation. AGAIN.

'Stockpile but don't panic', Australians told

* Email to friend
* Print
* Enlarge text

01 May 2009 | 06:39:17 AM | Source: SBS staff with agencies

Australians should be stockpiling enough supplies to last two weeks on the back of an increase in the swine flu alert level, according to a federal government pandemic plan.

www.sbs.com.au...

Don't panic yet .... just stock up

* Julia Medew
* May 1, 2009

AUSTRALIANS could soon be asked to stock their pantries with food and water and prepare for an emergency, according to the Federal Government's pandemic flu plan.

A manual outlining Australia's response says that when the World Health Organisation moves to phase five, which it did yesterday, Australia will be in its "delay phase".

www.theage.com.au...

WHERE'S THE PROOF TO RAISE THE ALERT LEVEL TO 5??? A few hundred cases in the US?? No americans deaths you say??

THEY ALSO WANT TO COVER THIS UP AS WELL!!!!

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

Turns out this blog was right! The admission by the feds that now 14 of the top 19 banks must raise capital is a defacto admission they were technically insolvent just as our original report stated. Vindication is sweet.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Or this could just be a slightly virulent flu which hits mildly, but they are concerned because it might mutate into something a bit nastier.

Does everything have to be an agenda? A plan? And it's ALWAYS a wicked evil plan by mean people trying to 'take over the world.' Seriously, it gets old.

Don't bother telling others to 'grow some brains' unless you can do the same. I get tired of the "smarter than thou" attitude. You have what proof that this is lab made? That it's part a bigger agenda? Yea.. thought so.

Such a pity. These days, it's 100% impossible apparently, for actual sicknesses or disasters to occur without their having been a master plan. It's ALWAYS an agenda, and it's ALWAYS one designed to attack people and 'get control.'

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I have to applaud you for your view. Very very well said.

There are always diseases , it doesnt necessarily mean that there is an agenda.

It's entirely possible that this strain has been around for a while but only NOW has been discovered and tracked?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When I heard on CNN a couple weeks ago that gathering in large crowds should be avoided.
Well I can't recall exactly how they worded it, but right then a bulb went on in my head.

Perfect timing! What a way to stop all this tea party nonsense, to nip it in the bud, when people feel it's in their best interest not to congregate.

Not only that, but now it's swine flu given all the MSM attention now.
Tea Parties?
Oh yeah, that growing movement, killed off by a virus

The riot cops can take the day off and the cops can slide the billy clubs and tasers back into their holsters.

At least what I wrote above is what the conspiracy buff in me thinks.

Misdirection and mind manipulation in the media, we all have MSM ADD!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So far, from everything I read, is that the only people who have died from this were from Mexico, and the only person to die here in the States was someone who was airlifted here from Mexico. Sure, I've read a lot of people getting the flu here, but no deaths, just some vomiting, sneezing, and recovery. Take your vitamins, and just wash your hands. You know, the things you're SUPPOSED to do, regardless of a swine flu or not!

<< 1    3 >>

join