It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Isnt A Weaponized Bio Weapon!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I cant believe people keep on saying that this strain of flu is man made and is some sort of plan to depopulate the world.

First off, the people behind it wouldnt be protected themselves. A flu virus easily mutates, so even if they had a vaccine or cure there is no telling if the virus was going to mutate and make those vaccines useless.

Second, there has been a history of Viruses that have killed off large amounts of the population dating back to 430 BC. One was called the Peloponnesian Plague and it killed 35000. Or how about the Justinian Plague that killed anywhere from 25-100 million people in 542 BC. Here is a list of other plague and virus outbreaks thoughout the history of the world.
A history of virus

Third this particular mixture of strain was theorized back in 1999.

Pigs can be infected with both human and avian influenza viruses in addition to swine influenza viruses. Infected pigs get symptoms similar to humans, such as cough, fever, and runny nose. Because pigs are susceptible to avian, human and swine influenza viruses, they potentially may be infected with influenza viruses from different species (e.g., ducks and humans) at the same time.[citation needed] If this happens, it is possible for the genes of these viruses to mix and create a new virus.

For example, if a pig were infected with a human influenza virus and an avian influenza virus at the same time, an antigenic shift could occur, producing a new virus that had most of the genes from the human virus, but a hemagglutinin or neuraminidase from the avian virus. The resulting new virus would likely be able to infect humans and spread from person to person, but it would have surface proteins (hemagglutinin and/or neuraminidase) not previously seen in influenza viruses that infect humans, and therefore to which most people have little or no immune protection. If this new virus causes illness in people and can be transmitted easily from person to person, an influenza pandemic can occur

source

So in summary:

1. Why weaponize something you yourself wouldnt be protected from?

2. What about all those other pandemics? Were they man made too? If not, why are so many people so sure this one is?

3. Nobody on this board predicted anything. I dont care how many trucker transporting avian flu, Baxter Pharma mixing avian flu and human flu, etc.. threads there are. Scientists for the past 20 years have been saying we are long overdue for a pandemic. It was bound to happen at some point and is purely the doing of mother nature.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why would Kamikazes fly their planes into the enemy knowing that they would die anyway?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You do realise you are on a conspiracy site where people talk about how reptillians breed and discuss the galactic federations foreign policies towards earth? I agree with you it isn't a bio weapon...but you have been here long enough to know you will find just about every crazy theory(and people who agree) on this site..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You haven't provided any proof this isn't manmade. How would a flu have the DNA of bird, swine, and human flu, yet there have been no sick pigs OR birds? They tested every pig at the farm near "patient zero" and not one had the swine flu. That doesn't make you wonder even a little? No sick pigs or birds.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There are countless everyday viruses that kill millions of people every year,
and those don't get called a pandemic. Now some virus comes and kills 150
people, and suddenly it gets called a conspiracy pandemic to depopulate the
world?

I think the only reason governments are calling it "emergency", is to direct
people's attentions away from what really matters.. the collapsing economy.

It COULD be man made, but then I don't think the government has been the
one that created it. It'll be most likely some group of corporate pharmas, in
a scheme to make money selling vaccines that are just as lethal as the virus,
because they used the most cheap and untested ingredients they could find.

[edit on (30/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

When does money and commerce become more important than human lives? It doesn't really matter if it is man made or not, but come on!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali
There are countless everyday viruses that kill millions of people every year,
and those don't get called a pandemic. Now some virus comes and kills 150
people, and suddenly it gets called a conspiracy pandemic to depopulate the
world?

I think the only reason governments are calling it "emergency", is to direct
people's attentions away from what really matters.. the collapsing economy.

[edit on (30/4/09) by Wehali]

The reason those are not reported is because they dont fit the definition of a pandemic.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met:[1]

Emergence of a disease new to a population.
Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.
A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic, because the disease is not infectious or contagious.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali

Could very well be, maybe they are taking a big hit, and have plans in place to create demand when profits are hurting. Usually, an animal virus goes pretty strong in it's animal population before it jumps to a human, with bird flu there were birds dropping left and right before and after it jumped. There are NO infected animals, but plenty of people.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by Wehali

When does money and commerce become more important than human lives? It doesn't really matter if it is man made or not, but come on!

Like I said, countless viruses cause many more deaths every year than
this one.. and they aren't called a pandemic catastrophe. Why on earth
would they call this mini flu a pandemic? 150 people is really nothing..
that's the amount of people America murders in a single bombardment
of yet another Arab wedding or funeral. "Oh noes, we thought it was a
gathering of terrorists!" Yeah right!

When ten thousands of people start dying rapidly to the same virus, then
I will call it a pandemic.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
When does money and commerce become more important than human lives?

Are you really asking that question? You think human lives are even remotely important to some of the people sitting on high? Over money? I hope that was sarcasm...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
You haven't provided any proof this isn't manmade. How would a flu have the DNA of bird, swine, and human flu, yet there have been no sick pigs OR birds? They tested every pig at the farm near "patient zero" and not one had the swine flu. That doesn't make you wonder even a little? No sick pigs or birds.

It might not have originated from there. And who know where it mixed. However here is a good article that time published on how easy this virus could have come about, naturally!
Swine Flu: Dont Blame The Pigs

By the way. No one has provided anhy proof what so ever that this isnt a natural occurance. In fact, there is way more proof it is a natural occurance then anything made by man. Hell look at the history of viruses and plagues I posted. Obviously these things happen naturally all the time. Why would it be different this time?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Who knows, but until they cough up some sick animals, I'm going to be suspicious. Here's a good article that was posted on another thread...'

Where did This Mysterious New Animal-Human Flu Strain Come From?

Alongside the fear-mongering headlines, I've also seen increasing numbers of reports questioning the true nature of this virus. And rightfully so.

Could a mixed animal-human mutant like this occur naturally? And if not, who made it, and how was it released?

Not one to dabble too deep in conspiracy theories, I don't have to strain very hard to find actual facts to support the notion that this may not be a natural mutation, and that those who stand to gain have the wherewithal to pull off such a stunt.

Just last month I reported on the story that the American pharmaceutical company Baxter was under investigation for distributing the deadly avian flu virus to 18 different countries as part of a seasonal flu vaccine shipment. Czech reporters were probing to see if it may have been part of a deliberate attempt to start a pandemic; as such a "mistake" would be virtually impossible under the security protocols of that virus.

The H5N1 virus on its own is not very airborne. However, when combined with seasonal flu viruses, which are more easily spread, the effect could be a potent, airborne, deadly, biological weapon. If this batch of live bird flu and seasonal flu viruses had reached the public, it could have resulted in dire consequences.

There is a name for this mixing of viruses; it's called "reassortment," and it is one of two ways pandemic viruses are created in the lab. Some scientists say the most recent global outbreak -- the 1977 Russian flu -- was started by a virus created and leaked from a laboratory.

Another example of the less sterling integrity of Big Pharma is the case of Bayer, who sold millions of dollars worth of an injectable blood-clotting medicine to Asian, Latin American, and some European countries in the mid-1980s, even though they knew it was tainted with the AIDS virus.

So while it is morally unthinkable that a drug company would knowingly contaminate flu vaccines with a deadly flu virus such as the bird- or swine flu, it is certainly not impossible. It has already happened more than once.
articles.mercola.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
You do realise you are on a conspiracy site where people talk about how reptillians breed and discuss the galactic federations foreign policies towards earth? I agree with you it isn't a bio weapon...but you have been here long enough to know you will find just about every crazy theory(and people who agree) on this site..

I know, sometimes I wonder why I waste my time. The reason I do is because I really believe some people read some of this stuff and believe it 100%. Some people will believe anything that they are told. They call me a sheep for not believing their conspiracies, i think they are the sheep for believing every one of them.

I hope I can at least calm one frightened person out there that reads this forum down. There is a logical explaination for 95% of the things that happen. Although 5% of the things that happen are a little sketchy. Not everything is some big NWO conspiracy. Of course if the NWO run by lizard aliens they may very well be immune to all viruses. Oops, I think I just figured out the plan. Aliens wipe the planet clean of human using the Swine virus. Brilliant Plan.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
True, viruses evolve and shift. But that doesn't mean the Swine Flu bug wasn't cooked in a lab. I wish you were right. I wish. I'm having trouble understanding how North American swine flu mixed with European swine flu--never mind the addition of genetic components such as avion and and human influenza.

As to the odd response from our government and the WHO, I can only surmise that this bug is receiving attention, and being watched, because it will most likely "drift," or reshuffle.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thats understandable. But it is a natural process that is called Antigenic shift.

Antigenic shift is the process by which at least two different strains of a virus, (or different viruses), especially influenza, combine to form a new subtype having a mixture of the surface antigens of the two original strains. The term antigenic shift is more often applied specifically, (but is not limited) to the influenza literature, as it is the best known example (e.g. visna virus in sheep[1]). Antigenetic shift is a specific case of reassortment or viral shift that confers a phenotypic change.
antigenic shift

One question for you though. What happens if this virus doesnt kill anymore then the regular flu does or disappears in a couple of week? Are you still suspicious If it was man made and they wanted to kill people off they sure would have tested it to make sure it would work. Right?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
One question for you though. What happens if this virus doesnt kill anymore then the regular flu does or disappears in a couple of week? Are you still suspicious If it was man made and they wanted to kill people off they sure would have tested it to make sure it would work. Right?

I don't think the agenda would be to kill people off, jeez. I never thought it was a depopulation effort, I said I thought it may be a profit lifting effort. Look at the profit gains for the company that makes tamiflu and relenza, also, this fall, look for a new flu vaccine that offers protection from the swine flu, and look at how many baxter sells after this freak out. It may be natural as well, but things don't seem right to me personally.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I more or less started this thread from the depopulation/enslave americans thread. I can see your point about the earnings from drug companies. I just dont see some NWO conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
I more or less started this thread from the depopulation/enslave americans thread. I can see your point about the earnings from drug companies. I just dont see some NWO conspiracy here.

Oh, misunderstanding on both our parts, lol. Yeah, no NWO plot to kill us all. If this was manmade, those who released likely know full well it's going to fizzle out, especially as summer is upon us. They will just be sure to remind us all of this imminent death this fall when its flu shot season, lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What like 30,000 people world wide go to Mexico get sick and its a Pandemic Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm in the health field. Could a Big Pharma be involved? I would believe anything of a pharmaceutical company and its employees. It's unbelievable what pharmaceutical reps do. If they pooled the $ from "free lunches" to doctors' offices in our town alone, drugs wouldn't cost the moon and stars.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by drclifford]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by drclifford]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join