It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you get carried away with this, we could all be in for BIGGER problems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have been reading the post/threads on here from some very stupid people, the same people who think the world is about to end every other month, and the thought of such an event makes them wet around the mouth.

"The World Health Organisation has warned the first flu pandemic in 40 years is imminent" Right okay, this might happen, but don't get carried away, a pandemic does not mean that there will be millions of deaths, and the flu normally kills 1000's in each country EVERY YEAR!

But this is something you sould be worried about:

Some experts have questioned the wisdom of depleting stocks of anti-viral drugs to battle H1N1, which outside Mexico has caused largely mild symptoms.

Masato Tashiro, head of the influenza virus research centre at Japan's National Institute of Infectious Disease and a member of the WHO emergency committee, said: "The virus is relatively weak and about the same as regular influenza viruses passed on via human-to-human contact. I don't believe it will become virulent. "The threat to health from the avian influenza and its fatality rate is much greater than the new flu.

"I am very worried that we will use up the stockpile of anti-flu medicine and be unarmed before we need to fight against the avian influenza. The greatest threat to mankind remains the H5N1 avian influenza."

Source

So as we all run around with the thought of dying from H1N1 in our minds, being fed misinformation by plenty of people who star and flag threads like This One. Please remember one thing, look at the facts, this virus is not killing outside the host country in them numbers. Them two people in Scotland are now fine, out of hospital and sitting at home with cups of tea.

Don't go into over drive, being pushed on by a bunch of people who dream about the world coming to an end, or nukes flying about like balloons in a summer park. Because we might all need our stocks for the real deal someday soon.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by InterWeb]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The truth is not devastating enough for people on this forum.

I might as well be talking to myself......Oh look, I am lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No you're not talking to yourself, and you are correct. I hear that the national guard is supervising the tamiflu stock pile at various locations around the country. But, when a case is discovered they give it to the infected person and all people that share the residence, reguardless of if they are infected or not (to prevent the onset of symptoms). Now, I wonder how many people will become infected after the supplies are exausted and how many people would never have developed symptoms. If the person does not develop symptoms they would simply be a carrier and a basic "quarantine" (ie sit your butt at home and help your loved one recover) would be sufficient. Yet, they are running through it without discretion.

God Bless

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if the CDC and the WHO announced flu cases and deaths each year.

Would more people get the flu vaccine if TPTB made a big deal out of the flu we do have a vaccine for?

I am beginning to think we are being manipulated by this flu thing.

The only reason I am concerned is because of a lung condition I have. I always take precautions against human to human transmission of any bacterial or viral infection that is going around.

I have 0 panic and no fear.

How long is the shelf life for Tamiflu? Could it be that much of the Tamiflu stock is about to become out of date?

I take a lot of medication. Most all of it has a one year life span.

Maybe big pharmacy needs to have the Tamiflu stock pile used up so they can sell more product.

Then there are the people that have done panic buying of food and other products. It may not be much of a boost but I'm sure the local stores in my area enjoyed the extra business.

Government manipulation............disgusting.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
I have been reading the post/threads on here from some very stupid people, the same people who think the world is about to end every other month, and the thought of such an event makes them wet around the mouth.

"The World Health Organisation has warned the first flu pandemic in 40 years is imminent" Right okay, this might happen, but don't get carried away, a pandemic does not mean that there will be millions of deaths, and the flu normally kills 1000's in each country EVERY YEAR!

But this is something you sould be worried about:

Some experts have questioned the wisdom of depleting stocks of anti-viral drugs to battle H1N1, which outside Mexico has caused largely mild symptoms.

Masato Tashiro, head of the influenza virus research centre at Japan's National Institute of Infectious Disease and a member of the WHO emergency committee, said: "The virus is relatively weak and about the same as regular influenza viruses passed on via human-to-human contact. I don't believe it will become virulent. "The threat to health from the avian influenza and its fatality rate is much greater than the new flu.

"I am very worried that we will use up the stockpile of anti-flu medicine and be unarmed before we need to fight against the avian influenza. The greatest threat to mankind remains the H5N1 avian influenza."

Source

So as we all run around with the thought of dying from H1N1 in our minds, being fed misinformation by plenty of people who star and flag threads like This One. Please remember one thing, look at the facts, this virus is not killing outside the host country in them numbers. Them two people in Scotland are now fine, out of hospital and sitting at home with cups of tea.

Don't go into over drive, being pushed on by a bunch of people who dream about the world coming to an end, or nukes flying about like balloons in a summer park. Because we might all need our stocks for the real deal someday soon.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by InterWeb]

haha you are so pathetic, not only do I never once make reference to Swine flu in my original post, but I also repeatedly THROUGHOUT THAT THREAD harp that people are absolutely wasting their lives being consumed by swine flu news.

Swine flu is just the latest event that this forum has consumed itself with, and im sure next week will be something new.

I love how you have contributed to several swine flu threads, I posted in ONE making fun of a doctors name and again making a joke out of peoples reaction to this whole thing. Don't you think you should practice what you preach? Furthermore, a review of my post and every post in my thread will show that I never once claimed the end of the world was coming, what I did claim, was that the life as we know it is going to change, and things we take for granted today, will be things we miss most in the future.

Anyways, good work on writing a garbage thread about the swine flu (which for the record everything you have said, has already been said) and then linking MY thread to it, which has absolutely nothing to do with swine flu. I refer anyone interested to page 7 of my thread:

King9072 - Page 7
I have proven PUBLICLY on this forum that that is just not a reality, and is NOT going to be accomplished. To be caught in a false hope where you feel like you need to be apart stopping something so massive is one the most defeatist mindset one can harbor. Since the fight is one that can't be won by you, no matter how noble or truth seeking you feel you are.

How did I prove that we are simply not able to stop this Juggernaut?

First, by telling everyone why we are continually stomped on, and how we fall into the trap EVERYTIME. The fact is, that it ALL comes back to the media, every single time. People are protected, rather than prosecuted, facts are skewed, rather than stated, companies fascistly manipulate your perception of reality, and if that's not defeatist I don't know what is.

I went into absolutely everything, layed it out for everyone to see in a thread I wrote Mainstream Media - How we are all being bent over and begging for more

No one on this forum seems willing to out the mainstream media, and without doing that every single movement that gains momentum will be systematically ridiculed and discredited. People claim to want to do something about actually making a difference, but no one is willing to turn off MSM and quit letting their lies infiltrate every facet of their life.

Now, the perfect example rears it head as I have said many times in this thread, SWINE FLU, this forum has absolutely DEVOURED the topic. And it's 100% MSM fear mongering.

Thousands of hours have been squandered arguing over just that one topic, but it's just yet another example of how this community operates. And this thread is another perfect example of the pessimistic, defensive, attacks that this forum is famous for. Turn off the news and read. I am done in this thread. Peace to those who got something they liked out of it.

Maybe next time, you post will look something like:

So as we all run around with the thought of dying from H1N1 in our minds, being fed misinformation by plenty of people who star and flag threads like:

- TAMIFLY MANUFACTURER EXPECTED 531% INCREASE IN SALES
- SWINEFLU NEWS AND UPDATE THREAD
- Is Swine flu man made?RT News report video.
- Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*
- WHO to stop using term 'swine flu' to protect pigs
- How dangerous is the H1N1 really?

ON AND ON AND ON.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by king9072]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by king9072]

top topics

join