It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 7 "official" swine flu deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
WHO disputes '150 swine flu deaths' in Mexico

A MEMBER of the World Health Organisation has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world.

Reports have put the likely death toll from the virus at 152, with Mexican officials confirming 20 deaths.

The number of cases under observation in Mexico alone has reportedly reached 1614.

But Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease.

"Unfortunately that (150-plus deaths) is incorrect information and it does happen, but that's not information that's come from the World Health Organisation,'' Ms Allan said.

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico.''

Ms Allan said WHO had confirmed 40 cases of swine flu in the Americas, 26 in Mexico, six in Canada, two in Spain, two in the UK and three in New Zealand.

Disinfo or scare-mongering by the media and other interested parties? I'm going to go with the latter.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just another case of people spewing out numbers that have no confirmation. MSM makes a living reporting things that have no factual truth. All in the name of ratings.

Once again, who are the people that are confirming the numbers in Mexico, Mexican government or independent officials?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow. Well I really love this thread.
If this is true - it changes everything.
Everything!
IF it is true -
I SO hope it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A couple days ago people in Mexico were blogging that over 200 deaths were confirmed from swine flu, and is much worse than what the media has been saying...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess the difference we have here is bloggers going off heresay versus the deaths of people confirmed by lab tests to be swine flu. I imagine the answer lies in the middle but my bet is it is on the lower end.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

i'm glad this is coming public ... i hope it's true ...

if it is, just goes to prove that the media will say anything to get more viewer's, even if it has no credible evidence ...

here are some of the media sources that said 150 ...

Fox News

Mercury News

Houston & Texas Chron

LA Times

The Guardian

of course this could be a ploy to calm the hysteria....

[edit on 28-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

This is excellent news if this is correct...However, with the hopes of not sounding obtuse, if this was in fact true, wouldn't it be important for the WHO to ensure that the numbers being reported were correct. IMHO all it would take would be an official statement to all the media outlets. Seems a bit more effective then some "member" of the WHO randomly telling a news source.

Also, if this is true, then it only more confirms that there is something rotten in Denmark. This a test run for what's to come, or they're trying to deflect a more important issue that is occurring.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think I'd rather trust the word of those actually in Mexico

BBC: Have your say: Swine flu, your experiences

There is a sense of chaos in the other hospitals and we do not know what to do. Staff are starting to leave and many are opting to retire or apply for holidays. The truth is that mortality is even higher than what is being reported by the authorities, at least in the hospital where I work it. It is killing three to four patients daily, and it has been going on for more than three weeks. It is a shame and there is great fear here. Increasingly younger patients aged 20 to 30 years are dying before our helpless eyes and there is great sadness among health professionals here.
Antonio Chavez, Mexico City

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Also the source of this article is also the same newsgroup that just recently reported that 6,000 people world wide were thought to be infected.

Taking it with "several" grains of salt.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
WHO and the CDC are playing politics with peoples health. They have decided the economy must be kept in full motion in order to keep the politicians happy which means keeping the corporate big wigs happy. So a few Mexicans die serves them right for not illegally working for cheap in the US is how the big wigs see it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The article is from the statements of Vivien Allen who is a WHO commincations Manager in Australia to be accurate.

I'm not sure you can say WHO is full of crap or retarded simply because they are stating what has been actually tested and proven. For me it's quite refreshing from the plethora of "might", "may", possible" and "potential" stories that flood the internet currently.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Vivien Allen is playing politics with the numbers or we have a zombie problem now and it hasn't made it to the msm yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It would be nice if that were true, and it might be, misinformation always travels faster than any virus, thanks to the internet. Only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Florida Hospital Caught in Swine Flu Cover-Up?

(NaturalNews) A case of swine flu was diagnosed today in at Florida Hospital and disclosed in an email authored by its chief medical officer, but the infection was immediately denied by Florida Hospital and Orange County health officials, who claimed in a press conference, "There have been no confirmed cases of swine flu by the CDC in Central Florida."

Technically, that may be true. The CDC takes time to independently confirm swine flu infections in its own labs, as it does not recognize anyone else's lab results. During this time, even though doctors treating the patient may have independently confirmed a swine flu infection on their own, hospitals and health authorities can deny the existence of any "confirmed" cases of swine flu.

So from this article you can see how WHO and the CDC give false numbers and play politics with peoples health.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I can't imagine that being much comfort to the families of the 7 that were lost.

Please stay well my ATS friends!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is getting rather ridiculous now! At any given time of the day I can turn on different news stations and get different statistics - why don't they get hourly updates from official sources and just report those.

Why have WHO been doing live press conferences about this if the figures are really so low. Not to dismiss those that have it or have died but was there ever a need to publicise this on such a large scale when official figures were so low?

Last night's news (BBC or Sky) were reporting that 100's of school children in NY were suspected to have swine flu! That is very irresponsible reporting if these new WHO figures are correct.

By the way, there are only 4 labs worldwide that are doing tests for swine flu which is why it's taking so long to get confirmed numbers.

As of today it seems anyone can just pick any old number and throw it out to the public. We are none the wiser as to whether official figures are lower than they first thought or higher than they first thought or are exactly what they expected them to be.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So as i look farther into this swine Flu stuff one report sez its 7 deaths and another sez 150 ,

now could it be an attemt to try to and say whatever needs to be said to avoid the planet from an all out panic?????

me thinks so..........

<<   2 >>

join