It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some cases of swine flu suspected in N.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Some cases of swine flu suspected in N.C.

www.wral.com

The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

...officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Involuntarily isolating them, huh?

Would you resist "involuntary isolation?"

Is this just precaution, or the preliminary actions which will be taken should this "pandemic" take hold and really begin to spread?

He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

And I don't understand why they won't say how many and where they are. That doesn't make any sense.

www.wral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Add 2 more cases just a few miles from me, here in Tennessee. - on news today.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Add 2 more cases just a few miles from me, here in Tennessee. - on news today.

Have you heard whether or not the TN authorities are "involuntarily isolating" those people there?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im in Eastern NC, between Raleigh and Greenville, and I specifically Told my co-worker to NOT come in, because he has been sick for pretty much the whole year now. He is generally in poor health, but he has one of the deepest coughs i have ever heard. I hate it because he is one of three people who works at my TV station, and we come in close contact with each other. I got sick from him about two months ago and I was almost certain i was on my deathbed. I can not begin to tell you how sick i felt. I broke down and got a 30 dollar thing of musanx on day two and i have been good ever since,

Its very frustrating because he WILL NOT TAKE TIME OFF. I gave him a paid vacation day just to get him out of here, but I know for a fact he will just keep on coming into work because thats how he is, and it makes me mad, because I CAN NOT afford to get sick with my work load right now, and he is pretty much useless, just a temp guy if you ask me. We were actually going to fire him a while back, but my engineer and I dont have the heart to do it these days.

I have noticed about ten Facebook status changes from my friends who talk about being sick as dogs right now, So im just going to keep chugging my water and pop a musanex if I start to feel scratchy.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

They better release the information so we can make an informed decision about what to do if they are confirmed.

I hope this holds off until exams are over.

top topics

join