It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I May have Swine flu, nothing special.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am a 21 year old male student at The Collective in NYC 14th and 6th ave.
13 days ago I started haveing a sore throat. Only 2 days later i was coughin up really thick green flem. Then the nose joined in and the eyes with the sneezing. I am not one that gets a Fever, well rare, so rare that I had pendisidus and never had a fever. So now by day 5 I caved and went to the docter, me being Irish never liked medicine, nor doctors. A weekend visit mid day with a sub for my usual family docter.
She concluded i had bronchitis borderline pneumonia. She gave me some medication i do not remember but it did have only 6 pills, 2 on the first, one every day after that and a Inhaler, because my chest was so filled couldn't get a good breath, felt like my grandmother haha, she has COPD)
Naturally i have improved and feeling better. Still nasty flem, but better.

Heres where it all changes...

A friend of mine has just returned home from Iraq, he is a marine. Well when he was in Cali when he first got back, he flagged a taxi with a couple guys... eager to just see a girl...naked haha. They wanted a stip club, so the taxi driver mentions they are only 15 mins away from the border. So they went down to a strip club close to the boarder in Tijuana. "lived like kings with $100" he mentioned.

So he has since come back to South Jersey and me and him have been hanging out every 2, 3 days. He got back 20 days ago on the 8th. And hes sick too.

I am getting a second lab report today at 2:50. I'll let you know.

I am 90% percent sure i have it, i know my body really well, i am usually right on the money. As a kid i got Chronic Pneumonia, every christmass till i was 15. I know how it feels and how it long it takes to get me sick. I have learned to catch it when it is only a Sinus Infection. This thing came on in 3 days to full blown chest filled nose blowin just chunks, ew..

But then again... Its really not that bad haha. Call me thick headed but man there are way worse i have had, like mono. Like if this is all you get, Media is goin that 70's thing.

Side note- I have a theroy (like everyone -i know). I think that the fact it seems to target older kids and healthy people, is because the illness works with your Immune system against you. I think it floods the body with its own defense, thus causing you to stop breathing. I can say this, it does severly criple your breathing, sometimes just couldn't breath, needed my Inhaler.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah, it causes cytokine storms, which is basically what you said - it causes your body's defenses to start going after itself. Your lungs and other cavities become flooded with fluids that shouldn't be there, and you start to suffocate on your own T-cells and such. Not pretty.

I do hope you get better, and I'm glad what you have is mild. Perhaps it really isn't it, and is just a particularly bad flu or sinus infection?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

so, you guys have spread it about a bit then?

shoot, a guy spreading it about for 20 days spells bad news, especially if you went to the doctor and were misdiagnosed, gods knows how many people are in the same boat.

let us know, i hope you haven't got it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Thank you for the terms, it makes more sense how you put. I just think that it is that smart of a "flu" i think it makes it more leaning to a weapon, not natural. It is like the reverse of every other illness, maybe not every, but i bet alot!

I hope it is just a normal wear and tear, but its not. I can just tell. Its like when something just fits a missing peice of the puzzel. Like when i found out i had MRSA after going through 4 huge painful bumps, and they told me it was a spider bite...everytime haha.
Doctors today as a majority are either Lazy, or under staffed. They never get any of my problems correct, never!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dont want to come off like a jerk, but, your title is a little misleading.

You say you have the swine flu, but you dont know for sure if you do or not.People are going to come here and look into this thinking they are going to get some more in depth signs and symptoms for something you arent sure you have or not.

I hope you get better and you dont have it. Just keep in mind that too often people jump the gun.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I hope you get well soon but I have a question.

I thought the suspected cases are being held pending the results?

Not so in NY?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How can you have swine flu, if you have not been diagnosed with it.
You do not have swine flu. You are sick, but just because you are sick does not mean it is swine flu. You really should change your title. It is very misleading and not true.

If your doctor tells you, you have it, than I'm sure we will hear about it on the news, IE. "New case reported" and you will be forced to be quarantined, like others have been.

Regardless, I hope you get better. Being sick sucks, no matter what the illness is.

I am 90% percent sure i have it, i know my body really well,

You can not self diagnose yourself. Even the experts can not seem to diagnose this or understand this properly.

Please change your title.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by inked up]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well here's the thing sweetie, the swine flu is the same and has the same symptoms as seasonal flu. Thanks for letting us know and I hope you get better soon but be a dear and stay away from people in the meantime just as you would with regular seasonal flu.

People are passing it around and it will never go away until the sick stay the hell away from everyone else. So if you know you are sick, stay home.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by inked up

changed it for ya, but it will change back

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
may i ask where your buddy lives or frequents in S.Jersey?..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ewwww .I really dont want to drown in snot.Stay you little butt at home.Dont be spreading that mess around!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Makes you wonder why such a poor flu, is attracting so much attention.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yeah, that is my thoughts. The media has such a grip, even on ATS. Its funny how people think Me being inside and away will help You. Because that conclusion means you know how the infection is passed. Could it be your money? Could it be the air? Your food? 500,000 who have come between usa and mexico so far this year? What i am saying is that they are making you imprison your self. If it became a pandemic that kills, it means it mutated, in which i would be immune since i got the original, non lethal version? Maybe i will be saying that you people who will stay healthy for the next 2, 3 weeks and then get sick with the mutated version to stay inside, and go to sleep. Makes ya think.... Shouldn't make you judge.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

There is a sinus/bronchial infection going around as well, my 4 yr has it right now, lots-o-mucus, but no fever.

This is the exact same strain of flu from 1918, the protein coating is slightly different, but it did not mutate, just a mere genetic shift.

They young do not die from it, only 25-50 year olds mostly, right now in the US, the only people that have it are the young, but it will spread.

You are infectious for 4 days before the onset of symptoms, you don't feel sick until your body starts fighting the virus hard, that's why you get a fever. Your body cranks up the heat to kill the virus. You feel sore, aches because your T cells are destroying good cells and bad cells alike, they release a chemical that melts the cell structure and every cell around it.

We will see an escalation in the next 2 weeks around the world. When it hits India in several days it will explode amongst the population like a wild fire. Africa will be one of the last places to get hit just because of the isolation.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You didn't have a lesser strain of swine flu, you most likely had H2n5 B, more common and kills mostly the very young and the very old.

The reason there is no vaccine for this is because it is part swine, part bird and part human influenza type A. Type A is hard to treat because of the protein coating of the virus, it can last several hours on a hard surface and takes direct sunlight to really kill it. Most transmissions occur through normal breathing, not coughing or sneezing.

Anti-bacterial wipes do nothing to viruses, they were here before us and they are the most simple forms of non-life. They do not mutate so much as change their protein coating, thats why each person can get a slightly different version, even though it is the same virus.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There has been bronchitis and a late season flu unrelated to this going around the NYC area for almost a month now, it's not swine flu.

top topics

join