It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt flu pandemic exercise cancelled because of real pandemic !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A "Coincidence," right?

Via this site: cryptogon.com...

Original source:
news.scotsman.com...

A FOUR-WEEK exercise to prepare Scotland for a flu pandemic is to start next week, it was announced yesterday.

The Scottish Government will be running the emergency exercise, called Cauld Craw, involving health boards, the ambulance services and other organisations who will be key to managing a severe outbreak of flu.

And now…

Another source:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ms Sturgeon also disclosed today that Cauld Craw - a four-week civil contingency exercise involving hospitals, ambulance services and other agencies to prepare the country for an eventual flu pandemic had been delayed because of the swine flu outbreak.

She told the Good Morning Scotland programme that Cauld Craw - Scots for Cold Throat - had been due “by sheer coincidence” to start this morning. “Obviously that has now been suspended,” she said.

[edit on 4/27/09 by silent thunder]

[edit on 4/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

sheer coincidence my a**e!!!

S and F for you

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Looks like they just went OH SNAP!
Forget the TO the real deal just showed up.
Battle stations!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe we are the test?I mean whats better than a real life hands on exercise..We seen this same thing on 911,and in London..what better way to hone your skills..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Place your bets now for real scenario playing out during U.S. National Level Exercise July 09. Seems that every time there is a drill the real deal goes down.
only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't really see a connection between a drill in Scotland and a flu outbreak largely concentrated in Mexico. When you think about how many governments there are around the world who actively engage in these kinds of drills this really doesn't have to be any more than a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Not to make light of the situation, but this is very ironic. One of the strangest things I have heard since a fire broke out during a fire drill, and no one realized. Could be a coincidence here, I am pretty sure these types of drills are fairly common in most countries since the bird flu scare.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of the natural gas leak......

There are way too many underhanded coincidences in this world...

Peace...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by flybynight

A posible connection could be that the first cases of this bug detected in the UK were in Scotland. Makes perfect sense to be prepared IF you know this in advance.

Very suspicious.

I wonder whether the exercise was essentially 'cancelled' or changed to a 'real time scenario', as was done in London during the bombings.
I guess this depends on the definition of the word 'exercise.'

top topics

join