It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Swine flu' kills 60 in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Mexico flu outbreak kills dozens

Dozens of people have died and hundreds of others have been infected in a viral outbreak in Mexico suspected to have been caused by a strain of swine flu. The WHO says it believes the virus is behind 60 deaths, mostly in and around the capital since mid-March. Mexican authorities have closed schools in affected areas and a vaccination campaign is being launched. Seven non-fatal cases of a new form of swine flu have also been confirmed in the southern United States. Experts will carry out tests to determine if the two viruses are linked.

Link to Full Article

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Mods can we keep the number of threads to a minimum? This is a breaking story and it would be nice to only have to look at one or two threads for info.......

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by lucentenigma

Mods can we keep the number of threads to a minimum? This is a breaking story and it would be nice to only have to look at one or two threads for info.......

This is a new article with three times the amount of deaths.
I think it deserves its own page (imo)

I think this may be why all the microbiologist have been murdered.
It really fits "their" field i.e trans species diseases

I would put myself on the line with this one. I think this is going to be really bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Sorry, this is the same story already posted in several threads.........this is just one more spot to have to check for "new" information............

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok I have a Question

Why are they vaccinating in Mexico? 04/24/2009 UPDATE:
There is no vaccine, but doctors say some newer medications like Tamiflu have been effective so far.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is all pretty darn suspicious, the timing of it all, how fast everyone seems to be reacting to this.

Suppose the economy is about to crash .. market crash, banks close, all businesses stop because the banks are all closed .. martial law would be required and necessary, for a while at least, right? Yet, ya know people wouldn't abide by any martial law when they get hungry, there's not enough police or soldiers to keep us all locked up. Wouldn't it be convenient if there was some kind of plague floating about that kept everyone to afraid to go out and riot and burn things down? What a perfect solution to use in order to enforce martial law, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm not an American but since this flu orginates from Mexico I hope all these illegals don't pass it on because they happen to not abide by the rules whilst your government gets passive by doing less about it.

But news already in that it is hitting America already so just hope its not because of irrisponsible behavour and if need be stop flights to and from Mexico regardless of political correctness of self suicide mentalities.

Sometimes kindness can work against the people, if there is an obvious spread by Mexican travellers then keep them out and sort your country out first. I just hope its not spreading like wild fire so far.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Busted!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Copy and paste jobs have no place at ATS. Please produce an original thought.

But I do agree with you, as I did in that other thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Please produce an original thought.

Huh? What are you talking about, that was my original thought. I just added it here too where there seems to be an ongoing duplication of this topic/discussion. DOH!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Please produce an original thought.

Huh? What are you talking about, that was my original thought. I just added it here too where there seems to be an ongoing duplication of this topic/discussion. DOH!

He probably meant me because I did do a paste job as I thought the message was important. But I added another paragraph just to not break the ATS rules.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i have no idea how serious this will become or could become .......the funny thing is though that american's ARE WAKING UP to the financial B.S going on and you better believe that deflection is on the menu....because this financial b.S will be going on for a LONG TIME

and without the neo cons in power i think we can toss out False flag terrorism b.s ........lets see what happens........but you do remember all the microbiologists that died awhile back right

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman
financial B.S going on and you better believe that deflection is on the menu....because this financial b.S will be going on for a LONG TIME

cpdaman,

Please tell us more about that story...maybe many of us like me
have been busy in the Global Meltdown..Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Latest updates for this thread:

Suspected Mexico flu toll hits 81

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Mexican authorities say 81 people are now thought to have been killed by an outbreak of a human swine flu virus.

People have been told to stay at home to contain the infection, which the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned could become a pandemic.

Confirmed or suspected cases have also been reported in the US and elsewhere.
Text

join