It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Most Amazing Crop Circle Ever" HAS IT BEEN DEBUNKED?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
My daughter explained tp me it would be simple to plot out the design on the computer and plan the execution of the design using GPS

In the great words of Finish dwarf #2 in zoolander... "Cool Story Hansel!"

GPSs don't map out designs... I know because I have 2.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by thegagefather]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood_demon
Why is there even a five page debate on whether or not crop circles have been debunked. They are made by humans and trust me, we can do something as simple as making a picture in fields, we do build buildings and other highly engineered things. A crop circle would not be that difficult for someone to do it. You will ask why would they do that, simple because people like you will buy anything.

Again, it's not the fact the crop circle is there, it's the fact that it appeared overnight, and is high intricate. If you're so confident that it's simple enough to be done then get all the best-equipped and willing people to do this, go into a cornfield around 10pm, and finish it undetected before sunrise. If you can do it, then I'll believe there is nothing otherworldly about these phenomenons.

I don't like having to repeat myself multiple times. Try reading the posts and replies that have you exact argument before saying the same old thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
OP...

Nice sensationalist headline, was the all caps supposed to show us how badly you wanted to know the answer? We (or at least I) can do without the bait and switch. This might as well be the equivalent of...

HEADLINE: Has the Kennedy Assasination Been Solved?! Section C3

C3: Nope. Thanks for reading.

Basically your headline is meant to imply that you had some new information on one of the hundreds of 'unsolved/undebunked' cases, rather than just asking if anyone else knew more about it.

And for the record there is...

1. No proof that it appeared overnight.
2. No proof that he sent the message when he said he did.

I literally could have made this story up myself and I'd have almost as much credibility as his story does. Don't get me wrong, this is interesting, but there is nothing to show beyond the pictures and the explanation we were given that any of this is real (in the sense that ETs are the source). It's this guys word or nothing.

Originally posted by Ansiroth
Not to scoff at you, but indeed your daughter is correct. To plot out things on a program like CAD isn't very hard, but to use a gps to construct the design is farfetched but thats beside the point.

No, actually it would be fairly simple to use GPS to map out whatever design you wanted. It's a matter of inputting coordinates into the system. You could do it with some stakes, wire, and a map as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Again, it's not the fact the crop circle is there, it's the fact that it appeared overnight, and is high intricate. If you're so confident that it's simple enough to be done then get all the best-equipped and willing people to do this, go into a cornfield around 10pm, and finish it undetected before sunrise. If you can do it, then I'll believe there is nothing otherworldly about these phenomenons.

I don't like having to repeat myself multiple times. Try reading the posts and replies that have you exact argument before saying the same old thing.

Uh, why would I need to prove something that I already believe. I wouldn't do it for you because you don't matter to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Why doesn't someone get mythbusters on the case?Or assemble a crack ATS team to plan and execute one(legally).
unlimited time for planning and unlimited people power.As long as they can complete a complex and large crop circle in one night.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

And have the ATS press corps document it every step of the way.Maybe their first assignment

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What I find annoying is that in none of these threads does anyone post any pictures or crop circles that are clearly man made vs. the ones that are clearly not. I've seen several atlhough I'm no expert and have no researched this subject as much as other areas. There are some that are clearly NOT man made. No way, no how. The better researched posters should post pictures of them. I find this theme alot here on ATS. Just like cow mutilations. There was one poster that said there was a court case where Satanic worshippers were found guilty and caught doing cow mutilations? WELL POST THE INFO! I have yet to find specific details on this argument.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Why doesn't someone get mythbusters on the case?Or assemble a crack ATS team to plan and execute one(legally).
unlimited time for planning and unlimited people power.As long as they can complete a complex and large crop circle in one night.

This would prove little. First, we don't know that it actually took place in one night. So if this team could not replicate it then it would only prove you couldn't do it in a night, it wouldn't prove that the original crop circle was completed in a night.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Well the legends always say its in a night and the debunkers don't seem to dispute that from what i can see.So i think that it would prove alot.People would definitely notice half constructed crop circles all over the world.And if they had to come back and complete them they risk getting caught.No criminal goes back to the scene of the crime especially for a half finished job.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood_demon

Uh, why would I need to prove something that I already believe. I wouldn't do it for you because you don't matter to me.

Your personal belief really doesn't mean anything. Refer to my above quote for further detail as to why.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
OP...

Nice sensationalist headline, was the all caps supposed to show us how badly you wanted to know the answer? We (or at least I) can do without the bait and switch. This might as well be the equivalent of...

HEADLINE: Has the Kennedy Assasination Been Solved?! Section C3

C3: Nope. Thanks for reading.

Basically your headline is meant to imply that you had some new information on one of the hundreds of 'unsolved/undebunked' cases, rather than just asking if anyone else knew more about it.

And for the record there is...

1. No proof that it appeared overnight.
2. No proof that he sent the message when he said he did.

I literally could have made this story up myself and I'd have almost as much credibility as his story does. Don't get me wrong, this is interesting, but there is nothing to show beyond the pictures and the explanation we were given that any of this is real (in the sense that ETs are the source). It's this guys word or nothing.

Originally posted by Ansiroth
Not to scoff at you, but indeed your daughter is correct. To plot out things on a program like CAD isn't very hard, but to use a gps to construct the design is farfetched but thats beside the point.

No, actually it would be fairly simple to use GPS to map out whatever design you wanted. It's a matter of inputting coordinates into the system. You could do it with some stakes, wire, and a map as well.

A - There are, to my understanding, SETI records of the message sent in 1974. (At least there would be if SETI was really used)

B - Perhaps you're right, and the timeframe was a stretched truth, but don't farmers check their land on a daily basis? I'll look into the proof for the timeframe given, and edit this post if/when I find it.

C - Please send a link to one of these GPSs with the ability to plot out this crop circle, or even a GPS that has a cornfield mapped. I own two and have had four, and none of them have had these capabilities, not to say that there isn't one out there, I'm just extremely doubtful. You CAN put coordinates into a GPS, but to map out the crop circle in the image would be nearly, if not completely impossible with any current GPS, plus, GPS tools are well known to not be flawless. It wouldn't be "fairly simple" by any definition of "fairly simple."

D - Sorry you didn't like the title I chose, I'll be more considerate of my word choice and capitalizing next time, but we aren't here to discuss that.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Oh please.. They would only stomp around at random in a field making a big smiley with pointy nose, and then say "BUSTED!".

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
I once heard that in the "real cropcircles" the wheat is BENT at ground level, whereas in the faked ones the wheat is broken off.

Anyone heard this? I heard it from someone in the New Age community who easily would have repeated or made it up to further his cause, without proof, but I'd love to find out for sure.

Yes that's right! Real cropcircles have bend grain just above ground level.

Robert Boerman is a cropcircle reseacher that has done reasearch for years. He also discovered that in some crop circles 'white powder' is left behind. This powder is SILICON ( Si, 14, metalloid) and the grains he found it in had a very high quality-value, higher then known on Earth (+90%).
He had this checked by Nasa. Biologically silicon is found on earth but not in this high-quality. It is very expensive to make this on Earth.

www.dcca.nl...

en.wikipedia.org...

Hence: we simply dont know YET what all the information about cropcircles is about.

www.flipkart.com...

BE READY to get the answers you always dreamed to have ....

PEACE! www.greatdreams.com...

Aliens or not: cropcircles are formed by high energy vibrations. About 5, 6 yrs back I saw a field in Polland, 4 cams and just before dawn there was a thunder (sound), flashes and within 30 secs a cropcircle appeared on the field! NO alien vessel in sight....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Parabol

Well the legends always say its in a night

Means nothing.

and the debunkers don't seem to dispute that from what i can see.

Means nothing as well. The debunkers opinion on the validity of a single night operation has no bearing on whether it actually happened, or that there is proof of it happening. Just because the opposition doesn't dispute a point doesn't mean that it's agreed upon, or that it offers any validation to the matter.

People would definitely notice half constructed crop circles all over the world.

How? How often do you fly over cornfields looking for patterns? And it's not about all over the world, it's about this one instance.

And if they had to come back and complete them they risk getting caught.No criminal goes back to the scene of the crime especially for a half finished job.

They risked getting caught the first night. If they have chosen to complete this task then the second night risk is no greater. I can flip a coin and have it land heads 9 times in a row but it doesn't mean that I'm really likely to have the next land tails up. It's just not they way they would think for this sort of project. The second (or third, etc) night is part of the plan, not an addition because they didn't finish the first.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

A - There are, to my understanding, SETI records of the message sent in 1974. (At least there would be if SETI was really used)

As far as I know, the message SETI sent was real, but it doesn't prove his case or validate the crop circle. Even if he was there, all he has to do is create the story around his proximity.

B - Perhaps you're right, and the timeframe was a stretched truth, but don't farmers check their land on a daily basis? I'll look into the proof for the timeframe given, and edit this post if/when I find it.

Ha, depends on how much land you have. Some of these farms are enormous and there is no way they're being inspected everyday. Spotting the circles while walking through high corn would be difficult until you stumbled upon it. I would assume people going to the length of creating a hoax would find a field that maximized their chance of completion.

C - Please send a link to one of these GPSs with the ability to plot out this crop circle, or even a GPS that has a cornfield mapped.

I'll look something up after I post this, but basically you wouldn't find it on your store bought GPS's. You would need a third party program interacting with the GPS system to arrange the coordinates. It might not be simple in the sense that it's cheap to do, but the basic concept of overlaying coordinates through GPS is like connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well the thing about this crop circle that yells "hoax" to me is the fact that it incorporates elements of "3D" in it's illustration of the alien.

If I was from another world and wanted to purvey an inportant message or response to a sent message...I'd be more concerned with information than asthetics.

Designed on a computer by a person imo.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Well the thing about this crop circle that yells "hoax" to me is the fact that it incorporates elements of "3D" in it's illustration of the alien.

If I was from another world and wanted to purvey an inportant message or response to a sent message...I'd be more concerned with information than asthetics.

Designed on a computer by a person imo.

We sent them an image of a human face very similar to the one they sent back. It's in the video in the OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

The original image sent was nowhere near as "artistic" as the one supposedly recieved.

And WHY would "aliens" create a message in a crop field in the first place? It's too degradable! Why not create it in something a little more permanent like a road or car-park.....unless it was created by someone who can only manipulate a "soft" canvas.....joe bloggs perhaps?

Joe bloggs with the knowledge of the original message and the equipment and experience of creating other such messages perhaps.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

People would definitely notice half constructed crop circles all over the world.And if they had to come back and complete them they risk getting caught.No criminal goes back to the scene of the crime especially for a half finished job.

How do you know some of them are not "half-finished?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
maybe crop circles are just a form of alien art made by some #ed up alien artits with instant anti-matter super-something shaping tools that make this to the land.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join