It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Missing From Obama's Georgetown Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"Decisions made about the backdrop for the speech were made to have a consistent background of American flags, which is standard for many presidential events," said White House spokesman Shin Inouye in a statement released Thursday.

I don't see an American flag behind him.

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, accused the university of "cowardice" for acceding to the White House, and criticized Obama's team for asking a religious school to "neuter itself" before the president made his address."

"No bishop who might speak at the White House would ever request that a crucifix be displayed behind him," he said.

Whichever way you believe, it was disrespectful.

I would not change the decor of my home to accomodate my guests if they don't like how I've decorated, or whatever religious or spiritual symbols I may or may not choose to display. For instance, if I were to have a crucifix hanging on my living room wall, or a picture of Jesus, and an atheist or Muslim friend were coming to my home and asked me to cover it up, my response would have to be, "either don't look at it, ignore it, or don't come."

This was just a crappy thing to ask, and shame on Georgetown U for bowing down to the mighty O. Tis a sad day when an establishment can't or won't stand for what they believe to accomodate one person.

Could they just not have put a flag up next to or behind the president, like the ones they use at meetings and school functions or something.

<< 1   >>

join