It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Mythbusters: Thermite theory: What about re-creating a real 9-11 test?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Insolubrious

Except, once again, an airliner is not a hollow aluminum can. And with enough velocity, an airliner will penetrate a steel building.....or do we need to start breaking out the photos from World War Two, showing aluminum Japanese airplanes penetrating the steel hull of warships?

VERY good response.

Isnt it funny how, when presented with reality, the entire thread dries up?

NO BOOGY MAN - NO INSIDE JOB - NO THERMITE, TERMITES OR HOLOGRAMS - NO REMOTE CONTROLLED AIRPLANES - NO KILLING PASSENGERS IN HANGERS IN GUAM - NO UFO's - NO MISSLES AT THE PENTAGON - NO SECRET WHITE AIRPLANES USING LASER GUIDES.

Very angry, confused and brainwashed muslim males with a hatred of the West and a foolish grasp on their religion is what brought the towers down and changed the world forever.

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You couldnt recreate the WTC.
I mean, time also is a factor.
How long was the building there, up right and deteriorating?

I think, you need to create a pentagon SIDE.

Then slam a plane into it and see what sort of imprint it leaves.
Second to that, try and perform the planes flying a tight circle, then flying that low etc etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

I always thought it was the bombs attached to the japanese planes that caused damage.
Cant say if Japanese planes were made of light aluminium like todays boeings, ill have to check it out.

But something tells me an army doesnt make planes with light weight material.. being they are being shot at.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

8dChop....seriously?

Of COURSE the Zeros were made from aluminum. Do you understand why?

There were various A6-M* versions of the Zero....some carried torpedos, some a single bomb....all had machine guns. It was the technology of the time, both sides. The Zero was particularly maneuverable....it was very light...and agile, with a powerful engine.

The Kamikaze concept came late in the War...still, as a battering ram, the engine provided the most damage, although it could certainly not achieve the speeds of a jetliner.

Anyway, enjoy this....

[edit on 4/22/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Dunno, never really looked into!
Ill take ya word for it but!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Dorian Soran

I always thought it was the bombs attached to the japanese planes that caused damage.
Cant say if Japanese planes were made of light aluminium like todays boeings, ill have to check it out.

But something tells me an army doesnt make planes with light weight material.. being they are being shot at.

LOL you think the Army makes bullet proof airplanes? Go to an airshow and walk around them a bit that way you can get a better idea of what they are made of.

Japanese banzai planes did bombing runs and only when they ran out of ammo did they start smashing into the carriers. You think they start out smashing into the vessels? Wouldn't it be smarter if they actually tried to sink it first with the bombs they are carrying instead of losing equipment?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

Insol,
The thick steel and coke can are not models of what happened. The columns were made of 1/4" steel. The plane was strong enough to cut through the columns at the velocity it was travelling.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by NightVisionThis is one topic that will be debated for the next few decades at least!

You do realize there are about 30 people in the world that think the American government ( or some form of it or organization within it ) could have done that terrible deed on that fateful day, and the funny thing is - all 30 of those people found their way to ATS.

Dorian Soran

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa.

I personally know more than 30 people in my day-to-day life that believe 9/11 was an inside job, let alone the THOUSANDS of us here on ATS.

Nice try Mr Disinfo Agent, you may want to talk to your superiors about a pay-cut for your poor performance.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Wow. Pretty cool video! Thnx for finding that. Guess it won't be on mythbusters anytime soon, but hey, a guy can dream can't he. Sucks that he got heckled by a few fans for even asking the question.

Yeah, just as well, I suppose. Mythbusters previously did a show that throughly ripped apart these "we never went to the moon" conspiracies, and I doubt THAT show made any impact of the "we never went to the moon" conspiracy people.

Some people have become so seduced by these goofball conspiracy stories, it's gotten to the point where they actually WANT them to be true.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
ASBESTOS PAINT ON STEEL WTC GIRDERS:

When the WTC was being built, at first asbestos fire-retardant paint was used to protect the steel construction girders. However, before the World Trade Center could be completed, an environmental controversy broke out over the dangerous health effects of asbestos. As a result, above the 60th floors, asbestos paint was no longer used and a less effective paint used instead. Asbestos paint was rated for four hours protection before a steel girder would fail. With four hours to escape many more employees, police and firemen would have lived. In fact, the only people to die would have been on floors above where the planes hit. The paint substitute did not give four hours protection. As a result, many people died because of environmental fanaticism about asbestos. Not all forms of asbestos are equally dangerous or cause mesothelioma. Asbestos paint remains the best fire retardant to protect steel in skyscrapers. It is not a frangible mineral fiber that could get in the air and poison people's lungs. Sometimes, public policies hurt people if they are implemented in panic mode and without sufficient consideration for maintaining good engineering practices.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by NightVisionThis is one topic that will be debated for the next few decades at least!

You do realize there are about 30 people in the world that think the American government ( or some form of it or organization within it ) could have done that terrible deed on that fateful day, and the funny thing is - all 30 of those people found their way to ATS.

Dorian Soran

Are you just trolling or do you mean this ?
Because... the opposite is true, if you really deluded yourself into thinking only 30-ish people take this seriously , then you are gravely mistaken.
I could post another avalanche of links proving this, but that's not my job, inform yourself !

A number of 9/11 opinion polls have been conducted in an attempt to establish roughly how many people have doubts about the mainstream account, and how prevalent some of the theories are.
Time Magazine stating, "This is not a fringe phenomenon. It is a mainstream political reality."[16] In 2008 9/11 conspiracy theories topped a "greatest conspiracy theory” list compiled by The Daily Telegraph. The list was based on following and traction.[17][18] An August 2007 Zogby poll found that, while 26.4% of Americans believe that "certain elements in the U.S. Government knew the attacks were coming but consciously let them proceed for various political, military and economic reasons", another 4.8% of them believe that "certain U.S. Government elements actively planned or assisted some aspects of the attacks".

A CNN poll from 2006 states that 84% of Americans believe it was an inside
job

Then there are organisations like Pilots for 9/11 truth, which on their member page have 30+ professional trained pilots who are questioning the official accounts of 9/11 and demand a real investigation.

Then about your statement about Bin Laden...untrue again. nice try though.
There is not a single shred of tangible proof that Osama had anything to do with 9/11, other then a faked confession video (in which we see an actor, not Bin laden, this has been proven)

Heck even VP Cheney admitted it publicly

quote from that video:

The FBI has admitted they have no hard evidence connecting Osama bin Laden to 9/11. He has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department then decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. There is some evidence linking bin Laden to 9/11, (more evidence linking bin Laden than Bush to 9/11) but not enough to charged bin Laden. The media has remained silence on this.

So there you have it, both claims made by you are just wishfull thinking, or a silly attempt to post disinfo.

As for the OP's plan : it would be valuable to see such an experiment, but i don't think this will happen soon, the amount of money and resources needed to pull that of is astronomical.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join