It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's half-brother refused entry to UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Barack Obama's half-brother was denied entry to the UK after being accused of a serious crime on an earlier visit, the Home Office has confirmed.

Samson Obama, who lives in Kenya, was on his way to the US presidential inauguration in January when he was stopped at East Midlands Airport.

According to the News of the World, fingerprint tests linked him to an alleged sex attack on a British girl.

He was questioned but not charged over the incident in Berkshire, it added.

'Public good'

A Home Office spokesman said Samson Obama was denied a visa after immigration officers noticed one of his documents was false. That led them to further inquiries.

Samson Obama, who runs a mobile phone shop outside Nairobi, had been planning to make a short break in the UK on his way to Washington.

He eventually took a connecting flight to the US without formally entering the UK.

A UK Border Agency spokesman said in general, Britain would oppose the entry of individuals where their presence was "not conducive to the public good".

Samson Obama is one of several half-siblings of the US president.

Barack Obama Sr left his son when he was two years old and lived most of his life in Kenya, where he fathered a number of other sons and a daughter with three other wives. He died in a car crash in 1982.

news.bbc.co.uk...

First his illegal alien aunt now his half brother.

The Obama relatives might make the Kennedy clan look like angels.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57
[more

Just so it don't seem I'm one sided I'm adding another link to where Obama's half-brother speaks outs about this subject.

www.express.co.uk...

I will add some bits from the story they may seem one sided but then you have to read the story I guess to decide that.

Ian Manners, who is Barack Obama’s former brother-in-law and lives in Warfield, near Bracknell, said he had been speaking to the family in Kenya, including Samson and Kezia. Samson had insisted the alleg­ations linking him to a sex attack were “absolute lies”.

He told Mr Manners: “I was involved in a pub fight which had nothing to do with any young girls.”

In the phone call from the Kenyan resort of Mombassa, Samson also claimed he could not even remember why the fight had broken out. “It seems he was drunk but I don’t really know what the truth is,” said Mr Manners, 56.

“Samson is a bit of a playboy but he would not get involved with 13-year-old girls. It is unthinkable,” said Mr Manners.

Police confirmed that the half-brother of the 47-year-old President was detained by Thames Valley detectives after a group of girls alleged he had been harassing them near a cafe, less than a mile from his mother’s home.

Samson, who is one of Barack Obama’s 11 half-brothers, was taken to police cells and questioned at length before receiving an official caution for a public order offence. A police source said that by accepting the caution, he had admitted the offence and would therefore have a criminal record.

Detectives at Maidenhead police station in Berkshire took his fingerprints and photograph.

His records were entered on a national database which is also used by the UK Borders Agency.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Someone doesn't know what they are talking about. In this story we have this:

The incident will come as a huge embarrassment to the new US President, who gave his younger half-brother a personal tour of the White House in January when he attended the historic inauguration.

www.express.co.uk...

But in another story we have a white house official stating this:

The White House had no comment on the reports. However, a White House official said the president had not spoken with Samson in 20 years.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Samson was granted a visa by the U.S. consulate in Nairobi to attend the inauguration. The president, however, did not see him while he was in Washington

in.news.yahoo.com...

I guess they expect us to believe whatever the white house says

join