It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Government Scientists Save the Planet by Nuking Yellowstone National Park to Halt Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

In the article you referenced it says

"The Earth is fast becoming a hotter planet than anything yet experienced by humans," they write

"experienced by humans" - when are these people going to get it into their heads that "humans" are relatively new on this ball of mud and certainly completely irrelevant as far as nature is concerned - dispensable.

Save CO2, if that is what you feel you[*See edit] must do, by removing yourself from the cycle, but I prefer to let nature get on with the job as has been happening for billions of years. If puny little humans think the earth is getting too hot and too unbearable for them, just what right exactly do they have to pontificate that this should not be allowed to happen?

Nuking Yellowstone would of course produce ultimately far more greenhouse gasses that it currently does, in addition to the pollution and radiation, however there is always the chance that it would go a long way towards wiping out humanity and thus prevent global warming, which of course it will not do since 'global warming' is a myth invented by the powers that be as a brilliant excuse to tax everyone to the hilt. They can get huge tax revenues from something that they can do absolutely nothing to influence and which will continue - in which ever direction it likes - until long after the current governments have gone.

Edit:
Um, reading over this please let me make it clear I am not advocating that the poster I replied to should remove themself from the cycle. My apologies if in some way it reads like that!!
That was generally directed at the scientists and other doom and gloom merchants.

[edit on 17/4/2009 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Priceless - this just made my blog post for the day LOL.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Let's see, the caldera at yellowstone is roughly sixty miles by forty miles nearly the size of the kill zone of a nuclear weapon, What a concept, detonate a radiation producing nuclear weapon on top of a supervolcano. The explosion blasts billions of tons of radioactive material down in the molten magma that is erupting because some fool collapsed the caldera. The mushroom cloud of the nuclear blast is impaled by the eruption and is carried over 100,000 feet into the air. Radioactive dust twelve feet deep in the breadbasket of America. We have got to take the dangerous toys away from the ignorant kids.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SamGuss

"Convincing" a cat to jump off a bridge is a felony in many states, so is torturing them. It is best just to leave them to their own devices.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shapeless

Just don't tell that to my two cats please.

The dogs already threaten to call PETA everytime their food bowl is empty for longer than 30 seconds.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I don't think nuking Yellowstone would help the problem there. I mean, it would cause mass devastation, totally mess up the ecology of central America and possibly through a chain of events the entire world's ecology.

Plus the radiation effects...

Probably would cause more harm than good.

Yeh. Besides that the parks protected

God, Where do they get this crap from

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've heard this in the past I think at one time was discussed here already about nuking a volcano in particular yellowstone.

I think the question was will it end up causing massive eruptions around the world if in fact any volcanoes under the crust are connected. Then came the part about there not just being soot falling out and covering the sky but also radioactive material/soot.

A lady at work told me to just tell the government to get a giant spoon and stir the pot.

You know when the atomic bomb was first invented what do you think they would say if we said we wanted to blow up a volcano with it to see what happens? Not just anyone but the big one that has been dormant for over 600,000 years and is due to erupt anytime now lol.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
me and my scienst teacher had a similar idea.
we were learning about valcanos and i can't remember the scientific term, but when the ash gets stuck in the atmosphere and blacks out the sun.
anyway, that was our solution for global warming. to erupt all the valcanos at the same time to block out the sun lmao
it was of course a joke.
this and our idea is of course stupid.it'd cause more problems than solutions

[edit on 9-5-2009 by netrichie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join