It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hole in the government's story about Alomari and Atta in Portland, ME.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This was originally part of a much larger thread on my orignal research into 9/11 that was closed by a moderator in the interests of conciseness and ease of access to the information:

The Portland Press Herald (PPH) of Portland, Maine posted a distant, grainy photo of two men, purportedly Mohammed Atta and Abdul-Aziz Alomari, coming though a checkpoint at the Portland Jetport at 5:45 AM on 9/11/01 before boarding a 19-seat puddle jumper enroute to Logan, before they reboarded on AA Flight 11.

Under the banner headline "Hijackers Boarded in Rush" (9-20-01) they quote a Jane Eisenberg (a local resident) thusly:

"They were walking quickly, just like you'd expect someone to walk if they were trying to catch a plane."

These were digital cameras at the Jetport, and so I was supicious as to why they would only give distant, grainy photos when they could have given sharp close-ups that would have allowed any causal observer to tell whether or not these were the same two men whose FBI still photos had been all over the TV News for days. Odd too, as the article says it was written to "help put to rest questions for Greater Portland residents" (this quote by extremely liberal, gun-grabbing, Michael Chitwood--Portland's then chief of police.)

Since the PPH used Jane as their eyewitness, I looked her up in the phone book and called her. She was quite brusque with me on the phone but did admit in no uncertain terms when asked that she COULD NOT POSITIVELY IDENTIFY THESE MEN AS THE SAME TWO WHOSE PHOTOS HAD BEEN ON TV FOR SOME TIME.

Now, if you were on a tiny plane like that, and you saw two Arabs board in a rush at the last minute, would you not at some point have gotten a good look at them?? That she was the PPH's lone eyewitness, compared with the intentional misuse of sharp imagery from those digital cameras, to me helps debunk the whole Abdul-Azziz Alomari and Mohammed Atta in Portland scenario as perhaps more government-developed cover story.

There was only one response to this information (as I recall) in the original thread as of the time it was closed, however, it was an extremely important one. An ATS member (Sosuemeto) claimed to have a close friend who was an acquaintance of the stewardess on this small commuter jet flight from Portland to Boston's Logan Airport. According to Sosuemeto's friend, this stewardess also could not identify the two Arabs who boarded that flight as the same to men whose still photos were on the network news programs for days prior to the release of the PPH still taken from the Jetport security cameras. Sosuemeto further stated that this stewardess was hounded by the authorities to verify for public consumption that these were the same two men, but that she refused to do so.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by mepatriot]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's helpful if you can post links to source material. Otherwise, it's just your word.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
SUre you are not refering to this entity: Abdul Aziz al-Omari?
FBI Denies Mix-Up Of 9/11 Terrorists

Abdul Aziz al-Omari was identified as one of the hijackers and the pilot who crashed American Airlines Flight 11 into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. Another man with the same name is an electrical engineer in Saudi Arabia. He lived in Denver after earning a degree from the University of Colorado in 1993. Coincidence? Consider this oddity. ABC News has reported that his Denver apartment was broken into and his passport and other documents stolen in 1995. In September 2001 he told the Telegraph, "I couldn't believe it when the FBI put me on their list. They gave my name and my date of birth, but I am not a suicide bomber. I am here. I am alive. I have no idea how to fly a plane. I had nothing to do with this."

More disturbing is that the FBI accidentally may have fused two names to create one identity, because another man, Abdul Rahman al-Omari, who has a different birth date, is the person pictured by the FBI, but he still is a pilot for Saudi Arabian Airlines. After his photograph was released, he walked into the U.S. Embassy in Jedda and demanded to know why he was being reported as a dead hijacker.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Care to explain this photo mepatriot?

Caption:
"September 11th hijackers Mohammed Atta, right, and Abdulaziz Alomari, center, pass through airport security, in this Sept. 11, 2001 file photo at Portland International Jetport
Chicago Tribune

seekerof

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Seems to me that you rely to heavily on "Jane"...that security screenshot looks pretty clear and with some tweaking, one can defintiely make-out the two individual, especially Atta.
*edit for spelling

seekerof

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I thought you (MP) said you called the airport and they told you they were using digital cameras? These images are not from digital cameras. They exhibit typical moire patterns of a video screen grab (because of the interlaced nature of video tape)... usually from video-still-to-VHS systems like I originally described. Did you really call the airport? [Edited on 22-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is the picture that appeared in the Portland Press Herald except that this is sharper than the images appeared on newsprint. I did not have a link, just a copy of the paper.

I am pleased that you found a link, but I would argue that this is not a clear enough photo BY ANY MEANS to confirm the identity of these two men. This is also confirmed as an extreme weakness in the government's case by the PPH's eyewitness, and (according to Sosuemeto's friend) the stewardess on that tiny commuter jet.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This doesn't look like the guy in the blue shirt? Mohammed Atta:

Mohammed Atta

I, again, insist that with a bit more tweaking, the identity will indicate just as this picture indicates, its Atta. And dude, I don't have the sophisticated photo-analysis equipment that the CIA or FBI would use or any other decent security firm would use.
*edit for source link

seekerof

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'd bet the farm that it's Atta- Same prominent nasiolabial folds, same nose, same brow line.

IMO, it's Atta. as for the other one, he's turned around, so it's a bit difficult to distinguish which of the hijackers it may be.

but the one in blue is DEFINITELY Atta.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Another Atta photo.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As for Mr. Abdulaziz Alomari, it appears to be a case of mistaken identity?

1. Were the hijackers the missing men. Or did unknown men use their identities for the mission?

Consider, the case of Abdulaziz Alomari. The day after the hijacking the FBI identified him in an affidavit as a hijacker who died on flight 11. The FBI also published his photo, Abdulaziz Alomari then came forward in Saudi Arabia and informed the authorities that his passport had been stolen in 1995 while he studied electrical engineering at the University of Denver (he reported the identity theft at the time.) �I couldn't believe it when the FBI put me on their list. They gave my name and my date of birth, but I am not a suicide bomber. I am here. I am alive. I have no idea how to fly a plane. I had nothing to do with this." In this case, the conspirators had obtained his passport and provided it to an impersonator who resembled him. The impersonator then used the stolen identity to get a visa from the American consulate in Jeddah, obtain a Florida driver�s license and, on August 28, book seat 8G on AA Flight 11. He then few to Boston on September 6th, drove to Portland, Maine on September 10th, and on September 11th used the driver license photo ID to board a connecting flight in Boston� and Flight 11. Whoever he was, he was not Abdulaziz Alomari.

What We Don't Know About The Jeddah Thirteen

seekerof

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Any comment MeP on the "digital cameras"? Another suspect "fact" of yours? Digital cameras do not have moire patterns. (why do we give this guy bandwidth)

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Any comment MeP on the "digital cameras"?

Another suspect "fact" of yours? Digital cameras do not have moire patterns.

(why do we give this guy bandwidth)

You could just hall him off to the ol banishment dungeon, I havent seen that hammer in too long.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Since the PPH used Jane as their eyewitness, I looked her up in the phone book and called her. She was quite brusque with me on the phone but did admit in no uncertain terms when asked that she COULD NOT POSITIVELY IDENTIFY THESE MEN AS THE SAME TWO WHOSE PHOTOS HAD BEEN ON TV FOR SOME TIME.

did you really call? or are you just attempting to try and get yourself out of the deep # you've gotten yourself into on the board?

Now, if you were on a tiny plane like that, and you saw two Arabs board in a rush at the last minute, would you not at some point have gotten a good look at them?? That she was the PPH's lone eyewitness, compared with the intentional misuse of sharp imagery from those digital cameras, to me helps debunk the whole Abdul-Azziz Alomari and Mohammed Atta in Portland scenario as perhaps more government-developed cover story.

I've been on a few commuter planes, and had arabs board in a rush, polish men board in a rush, hell even a large breasted woman board in a rush, and the only one i remember is the woman. and it wasn't because of her face

so that just goes to show that:

a)they were plain enough to be inconspicuous.

b) the flight attendant didn't actually remember them, just like i don't remember most of the other passengers on the planes i board.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... 1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So was that a show of force or is he gone?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
BANNINATION!!!!
BANNINATION HAS ENSUED!

Don't try to lie to ATSers.
This has been a public service announcement.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
thank god.

hope mepatriot doesn't know any of our last names, or he may wind up calling us up- just like the airline's flight attendant

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Let this rest and be an insightful reminder.
As such, I am closing this thread.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join