It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sea Worm Discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
www.cryptomundo.com...

This 4-foot-long sea worm was devastating coral reef and terrorizing fish at an aquarium in Cornwall, southwestern England. The creature, known as “Barry,” devoured bait traps — hooks and all — and bit through a 20-pound fishing line before staffers finally managed to capture it. The worm was moved to its own tank.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by TheOmen]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is like, the stuff from horror movies or something!

I've honestly never seen anything like this before!

It's 4 ruddy feet long aswell!!! And apparantley, the females feed the males penises to the kids after mating....

tO

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Kill it.If ts killing reefs that i want to surf and feeding penises to children kill it.Last thing i want to see duckdiving through a wave is that.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

I would honestly prefer to meet shark underwater than that...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Amen.

Off shore winds FTW

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
man that thing is horrible, i used to live and swim in newqauy to think i got of been in the vicinity of this thing is not nice

makes you think what is out there man we should have a nasa type program with the same budget for the sea, i reckon alot of UFO sightings could be explained by goin down there

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Eunice aphroditois = Bob It Worm

LOL - No wonder why every person I've ever met named Eunice made my skin crawl.

That thing is just nasty!
I wonder if it has any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Thanks for the gross-out of the day!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Did anyone else flash on the two-headed monster from "Willow"?

Ugly little sucker, just right for a major Hollywood role.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I predict this worm will make its debut on Food Network during the Iron Chef program and it tastes like shrimp.

Just imagine being eye to eye with this little beast when your boat capsizes. Creepy.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
20lb fishing line isn't that much, I use 60b for deep-sea cod fishing. Although, a worm breaking it is slightly terrifying.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
people that keep marine tanks deal with these all the time, check out this guy....scared the hell out of me when i first saw it

www.oregonreef.com...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by the4bb4l4h]

[edit on 12-4-2009 by the4bb4l4h]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If there is one I wonder if their is probably more out there somewhere just randomly lying about on the floor. Also I find it interesting that as of late, their are starting to emerge a lot of creatures that are at least twice or thrice as big as they are supposed to be. Makes me wonder what is either A. Making them so big or B. How they have been evading our detection for so long.

[Edit]

Well never mind seems that more were found before according to the link the poster above has provided, yet still their are quite a few that emerging each with their own variations. I wonder if something is happening in the world that is changing the structure of some of the creatures...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Gigantea Rosa]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Personally...

I think it's lovely.

Yeah, its a little creepy, but i wonder how it evaded detection in the tank for so long? Granted it could have got in when it was small, but not noticing a 2-3-4 foot critter like that? Lazy aquarium workers...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The fact that it managed to go from not even being recognised as being in the tank to 4 ft long before anyone noticed it is terrifying!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

That's kind of terrifying.

Wow, it's amazing the kind of things they keep finding in our very own backyard eh?

I keep saying they should explore every inch of the ocean, i am sure there are plenty of other "monsters" lurking in the deep.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I totally agree, it freaked me out majorly!!!

It does make one wonder about other "monsters" lurking in the deep...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Looks like an underwater version of a centapede..oh well
doubt it is tough enough to kill a human unless it has venom

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here in North Carolina they have sand worms on the beach almost like that. My aunt showed me one they live under the sand. I cant imagine laying out there in a bikini. Nope not me.They cant pay me enough money to go to the beach.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
Here in North Carolina they have sand worms on the beach almost like that. My aunt showed me one they live under the sand. I cant imagine laying out there in a bikini. Nope not me.They cant pay me enough money to go to the beach.

That made me cringe so much!!!

I couldn't imagine one of those crawling near, or on me when I was sunbathing!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You have sand worms on the beach and what they call blood worms. Both live under the sand. and both are nasty looking critters. That is why I dont go swimming at any NC beach. Then at the NC lakes you have nasty snakes that are poisinous. So you surely dont want to swim there either. Personally I prefer the backyard pool any day that way I can see the bottm and can check it out before diving in.

<<   2 >>

join