It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies, are they fast and smart or slow and dumb?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My first movie that had zombies was "Night of the Living Dead".

Since then, to me, Zombies are slow and stupid.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Zombies are dead, reanimated flesh, I fail to see how their motor skills could be equal to or superior to living, full functioning tissue. The stumbling, slow zombie seems like a much more plausible scenario, but never say never.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The only zombies that would make since to me would be the ones from Invader Zim
. Anything else would either not be zombies, (see 28 Days Later, I Am Legend) or simply impossible.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
According to Woody they are in airports lol : Woody Harrelson claims he mistook photographer for zombie

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The only real zombies are a multilayered mixed drink that makes you think you are quick and co-ordinated as you stumble and fall leaving the bar. Somehow i don't think being dead drunk qualifies one as a zombie. If this premise is true, it follows that a person under the influence of a drug made from a fish doesn't qualify either. I would like to point out that the dumb, slow and awkward zombies are extras......they have no speaking parts so they work cheaper. C.H.U.D. is probably my favorite zombie flick, i like my dead cannibals to have a wicked sense of humor.

[edit on 033030p://am3030 by debris765nju]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Since they do not exist I'd say they have the mentality of the OP. Useless waste of ATS space.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
It seems there are two types of zombies Hollywood shows us.

1. A zombie that walks really slow and swings it's arms around untill it gets you.

2. A crazy wild zombie that runs really fast and lunges at you like an ape.

It would be easy to kill slow zombies, but fast ones I'd be afraid of. What do you think would human zombies be fast like the zombies in "I am legend" or slow and dumb?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by SuperSlovak]

If Zombies were real, and I believe they are not real, they would probably be slow and stupid, considering they are dead. The movie I Am Legend and in the book, they mentioned they were vampires, and zombies. The book was more vampires, and the movie was both. It seems like with all the Hollywood movies, including the classic Night of the Living Dead, it seems to have been dealt with chemical spills and viruses. How would we kill a real zombie? I have no idea, I have never seen a real zombie or even heard of a real zombie. I would imagine just like vampires, and werewolves, if they were in fact real, we as a human race, would be screwed.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't find this topic a waste of space ^_^. Stay off the mythical creatures board if you don't want to hear about things that may or may not exist. Heck, why be at ATS at all?

Anyway, I don't see why zombies wouldn't be able to run. The only thing is, our living muscles tear and repair themselves all day while we do tasks, that is what makes us become stronger. Since the zombie's tissue is now dead, there can be no regeneration. So if the zombie is a runner, he's probably new to being one of the living dead as his muscles and tissue have not deteriorated that much. So, the slow zombies must be the ones that have been around for a while. ^_^

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I really dont see why they would be superfast or slow and dumb.

But it makes more sense to me they would be slow if you're talking about the type of zombies that keep rotting after they're reanimated and whatnot... anyway...

My favourites are the Resident Evil zombies.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i expect that zombies are slow because.. well i meen how would u be if ur benn rotting for the last 100 years or so

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

this has absolutley nothing to do with cryptozoology

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would say it all depened on the virus. If it was an advanced enough virus it could replicate normal human functions by replacing them with the virus. I mean I dont know how its done, but I know Virus' have a specific plan in them , their DNA plan, it combines that with ours. So it could change the way the body works, but still make it work. So I dont see why they couldnt run. My question is how would they keep moisture in the body. Cause they are decaying, but then again, they could get it from their victims, from the victims Tissue, Blood, ect. But would it keep them hydrated enough to kick ass. Plus wouldnt they over heat too, cause I dont think Zombies sweat. I think its just one of those things that would be really crazy long and hard to explain. Lets leave it at, Zombies are the shiznit, and it doesnt matter if they can run or walk, either way, its going to be a fun. day. Happy Hunting.

-Paveway Out

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lincolns_Avenger
reply to post by SuperSlovak

this has absolutley nothing to do with cryptozoology

+1

Why hasn't this been moved to BTS?

No offense to the OP. I love a good zombie movie probably more than the next person but it isn't something that should be discussed in the crypto forum. The BTS Movie forum perhaps?

Just as we started to see the death of the vampire and werewolf threads (until the next Twilight anyway) the zombies have turned up. Sigh.

This thread needs some braaaiiiiiiiiiiiinsssss.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

the way i see it, there are 3 classes of zombies

Parasitic Zombies (infected by a parasite)
Diseased Zombies (infected by a virus)
Demonic Zombies (pure evil as $#!^)

we’d rather deal with parasitic zombies because there is less of a chance to become "infected". The possibility of the parasites sharing a hive mind is not very realistic and i am skeptical of how much control a smaller parasite could have over a human being.

Diseased "zombies" (dead or undead) can get ugly depending on the means by which the disease is transmitted. They might be fast at first but they will become slow. I'm going to assume they'll be intellectually slow as well.

Overall i'd say that demonic zombies are the worste; mostly because they are faster and smarter than the other zombies. Not to mention, i can't think of many ways to thwart a demonic zombie uprising . . .

For all classes of zombies you need to take into consideration whether or not they can convert animals into zombies. Animal zombies are a pain in the @^$.

What about zombie insects?! better have a lot of bug spray . . .

[edit on 5/14/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
haha the science of zombies XD, whats to say there aren't many many types of zombies though, for example maybe a zombie that was mostly human except with super rabies so he could run for hours or something... kinda like the i am legend ones... also to anyone that cares there is a verse in the bible about in the end times a plague or something turning people into creatures as if they were dead. if anyone's interested i will find it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I remember reading this article about a Harvard psychiatrist discussing zombie brain structure indicating that Romero-type (R-type) zombies are more the norm due to O2 loss of higher brain function, thus losing the ability to coordinate hunting and higher order processing associated with stalking and bringing down prey with physical prowess.

Infection-type (I-type) zombies were likely to be infected not with a true Z-virus but something else, like an aggravated rabies disease. However, due to the increased athleticism inherent to I-type zombie attacks, self-limiting behaviors such as injuries that infect and kill the I-type zombie would be more commonplace, as they are still functional live creatures, not dead and shambling like R-types. At least, something bounding onto me like a free-runner and impaling itself should die quickly.

Demonic-type (D-type) should only last in areas of high magickal energy or within near distance of portals to the Abyss being open... as magickal creatures, normal stuff wouldn't apply, right?

Do these ideas work? Strictly as mental exercise, of course.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join