It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness of Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I find this topic really interesting but can't find that much information on it on the web. I've read about it in Forbidden Science and seen it in What the Bleep do we Know?

To briefly sum it up, water has been found to have a memory, in the sense that if you add something to water to give it a positive effect it will maintain some of those properties even when the added solution has been completely diluted out.

Also when water is exposed to different emotions, objects, or even thoughts the way it crystallizes is affected in a predictable way.

Any information would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

Here's an interesting article on the subject that i'm reading right now.
I never even thought about the possibility of consciousness in water.
I keep forgetting that everything in the universe is a manifestation of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
so you say if you add something with a positive quality to water it will retain those positive qualities after its removal.
can you give me any examples of a positive quality that can be added.
perhaps it shows that water in its molecular state can fuse with molecules of additives which ever they may be.
its known, the only way to then separate is through dissipation where the water is boiled and the steam captured to condense into the clean water again. it is thought that steam is the gas form of water. but on a molecular level a particale of steam carry's more then just one molecule of H2O and it must then be realized that dissipation does not remove all foreign particles from a body of water.
this in turn gives you your basis of water having consciousness. i think not.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

I know ever since I started understanding the fractal universe theory I've had to rethink a lot of what I thought I knew about how things work.

Upon reading that article I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a book about it.

To any skeptics reading, I'm just wondering what would be considered proof of this, since I don't think this will ever be taken seriously by any mainstream scientists. Lucky for me I don't care.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by DJones]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

That's what I'm looking for actually, my copy of the book is currently in a different city so I can't check that source out.

Again I'm not sure how the diluted it, it's been over a year since I read the book. When they say consciousness, I think they just don't have another word that describes it. I think of it more as memory and not consciousness.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I loved What the Bleep Do We Know and try to use these water principles on a daily basis in the shower.

So often in day to day life we shower 'unconsciously' letting the problems of the day or the responsiblities stream through our mind. For me this was one of the easiest ways to incorporate the movie into my life - couldn't hurt right? Plus, I so much enjoy livnig a conscious life and hadn't even considered where my mind wandered while showering.

Now I shower consciously, enjoying feelings of love, abundance, happiness, and growth. Perhaps, this was an instinctive knowing and why so many raise postive energy singing in the shower.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I hate to be the negative nelly here, but for one Dr Emoto's work is somewhat questionable. Check his Wiki Page for more info. I'm not saying these experiments are completely fraudulent, but I'm not convinced they hold water (geddit?)

Also, retaining an emotional imprint is very different from actually having consciousness.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I'm personally surprised that that's all they had to say about it. I don't believe that they could come up with an experiment that they would accept, there will always be something wrong about it. I'm sure not all results go with the theory to and if it happened once they would always come back to it.

You gotta wonder when the article is almost entirely criticism and gives only a rudimentary explanation of what is being criticized.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Messages from Water

it is quite obvious that the cleaner the water the more its apparently going to show emotion.
DR Emoto's experiments explain that the emotional, audible and psychological verbirations of humans affects the molecular state of water. same as the environment affects the state of water.

happy water is clean water
sad water is dirty water.

water subjected to impurities is going to have a heavier molecular density then clean water due to the pollutants.
therefore it is going to be less reactive to these vibrations than a clean or pure water. for people pure water is not so healthy due to the lack of minerals and nutrients. pure water is also known as distilled water and can be used in car batteries due to its high conductivity.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Spearhead, I've doing a lot of reading about the flouride in the water here in the US. Your post brought up an excellant point. What are your thoughts about this highly tainted water?

Flouride never ocurred to me in this sense; I had only been considering the ramification of daily use in cooking ect. Had not even made the connection to this thread and the implications. Thanks for pointing that out and would love to hear your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

That sounds logical.
However I always thought distilled water was not conductive, it was the minerals and impurities that made it conductive. It's been a long time since science class so could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have always believed water is the most powerful element and holds many answers to the universe. I find it very healing. water water everywhere... I want a water car.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So,will water will "remember" it was hot a couple of days from now. I think I can prove it doesn't remember this by just using a thermometer. This doesn't discount the theory that water isn't emotionally satisfied by being warm, it just means that physics and real science works.

Will it remember the shape of the container it was in if I just pour it somewhere else?

Yeah, this is silly and so is....

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

That's a sad and ignorant argument, this by no means goes against basic physics, did you even read the brief article posted?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

all water is conductive. distilled water is used in car batteries when mixed with a percentage of sulfuric acid. the chemical reaction between the acid and the lead oxide cells creates electrons which captured give voltage. when charging a battery the proocess is reversed. approximately 2.1 volts per cell. 12 cells completing a 12.6 volt car battery.
distilled water is used because impure water will cause the battery's cells to corrode and collapse.
the sulfuric/water solution obviously has a high level of acidicy.
if the solution 65% water was boiled and the steam vapour captured that condense water will still retain a high level of acidicy due to the atoms blending.
dissapation does not sepparate the molecules at a sub atomic level.
having a good understanding of matter will help you realise that all things can be solid or gas when the correct temperature is applied.
when two types of matter (eg. metals) are liquified and mixed they join on a sub-atomic level. it far more difficult to reverse this process. water functions in the same manner.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

I have heard about this topic for over 30 years. It is by no means new or even improved. It just has a couple of newer guys trying to make a buck selling snake oil in a different form to people who have no idea that this scam has gone on before.

There is a reason why science has disproved this before, and apparently, will have to disprove it, again.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Any links?
If it's wrong it's wrong I can accept that, forgive me for not taking your word for it. In Forbidden Science they have an article about a guy from the 19th century who was working extensively with water, so yes it is buy no sense new. I really need to reread that book.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
to correct myself. pure water has a low conductivity and when a small amount of ionic material is added this increase signifgantly.

Chemical and physical properties

substanced that dissolve well in water are known as hydrophilic where substances that don't are hydrophobic. funny aye.
water is made up of two type of atoms O2 and H. Oxygen has a higher electronegativity than hydrogen, this causes a polar effect between the two resulting in their bond.
since water is now affected by polarity it can be influenced by electromagnetic such as those given off by the human body.

Hydrogen bond
A hydrogen bond is the attractive force between one electronegative atom and a hydrogen covalently bonded to another electronegative atom.

Covalently bonded atoms are those with an equal electronegativity. these bonds are created when the two joined atoms share electrons. so oxygen will bond to oxygen because they are equal and if joined to a hydrogen atom it will create a hydrogen bond which in turn holds these H2O molecules togethers
Covalent bonds

there is nothing stopping another atom joining this molecule giving it additional properties.

top topics

join