It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'Stunned' by Millions in AIG Bonuses (Tonight Show Interview)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why was President Obama on Leno in the first place? I thought he was the President of the United States and not some inspiring hack comedian. Obama really needs to rethink his public image because the whole Change image he arrived into office on is starting to become stale, fake, corny and devoid of the intellectual approach to problems that it originally stood on. I voted for the man and I believe in him, and I know the economy and the challenges facing this nation are a complete clusterf*** and will take time to fix but Obama hasn't hit any home runs yet and I'm getting sick of him pandering to the American People. He's the President, and he needs to start acting and being treated like it.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Do you think he and some cohorts sat around and tried to figure out how to secretly give these AIG piggies some big fat bonuses? Do you know when the AIG bailout was written and who wrote it? I know everyone wants the President to be super human and speed read everything that crosses his desk and retain it all but that is not reality.

Present evidence to prove what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
he is appearing on Leno to plug his new book...a book for children based on his previous book...something about memories of his daddy...
3rd line

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Fact of the matter is, AIG gave the Obama campaign over $100,000.00; ergo... one good turn deserves another.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So, he couldn't read the stimulus bill that he signed a couple of weeks ago and see that there was specific, protective language in there that applied to these bonuses.....which was put in at the administration's urging by Dodd?

He didn't remember that his Treasury secretary was instrumental in coming up with the original AIG bailout?

Congress didn't read the stimulus bill that some of them wrote and see the protective language that applied to the bonuses before they voted to pass it?

They aren't lying out their rear ends right now and doing everything they possibly can to cover their butts about a mistake they made to begin with?

No one wants these people to be super-human, but people do have a hard time believing that they could possibly be that stupid.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

haha. You know it.
But I dont mean anyone on here, Im talking about the major news outlets.
But thanks for keepin tabs on me =)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Maxmars

The article gives quotes from the interview and the outline of what happened. It was taped earlier today.

He sat there, when asked, and basically said this blind-sided him. He flat-out lied.

It is outrageous.

Doesn't surprise me at all everything about him is a lie, he is a compulsive liar,

This is what the internet is being plastered with these past couple of months. Attack after attack. We are being told things that are not proven. Just flat out accusations. Prove that he is a compulsive liar. I doubt you can without quoting WorldNetDaily or the Drudge Report. This is just a continuation of the presidential campaign. That is what disgusts me the most.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Fact of the matter is, AIG gave the Obama campaign over $100,000.00; ergo... one good turn deserves another.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Elostone]

Fact of the matter is that Obama was running for POTUS and AIG gave a lot of people campaign contributions. It sucks but that's the way it is with so much money in politics. AIG gave McCain money as well in the form of campaign contributions.

You know who else gave Obama money? Lehman Brothers. Where is their payback sweetheart deal???

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

haha. You know it.
But I dont mean anyone on here, Im talking about the major news outlets.
But thanks for keepin tabs on me =)

Don't expect it for too long, though. I think I'm about ready to stick my head back in the sand where I had it all the way through the Bush years.

And as far as major news outlets, it was on the front page of the New York Times today, the column on the left hand side, I believe. I read it while I was in line at the store

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Elostone

You know who else gave Obama money? Lehman Brothers. Where is their payback sweetheart deal???

He hasn't gotten that far down the alphabetical list yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

really, well, I woke up this morning, flipping through all the news stations, and not once did I see them say anything about Obama or Mccain, or anyone else besides Dodd And Gietner. Did the new York Times post the names? And why do you think the major news outlets didnt cover the rest of them scumbags(including Bush)?
Oh wait, I forgot, its the Major news Stations. They have to keep Obama looking pressed neat and squeeky clean.
Dont stick your head in the mudd!!!! RISE UP!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
No one wants these people to be super-human, but people do have a hard time believing that they could possibly be that stupid.

Its as I said in another thread. There are really only two possibilities for both Congress and the Obama administration. Either they are guilty of knowingly allowing these bonuses to be paid with bailout funds OR they are so grossly incompetent as to not read the $800 billion stimulus package that they signed and/or supported. There's no middle ground.

The best case scenario is that they're just ****ing stupid. That itself certainly is NOT a comforting thought.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Obama compares his bowling to 'special olympics' on Leno,

serious gaff

Barry is an idiot savant of the teleprompter kind.

Sorry, lifted from another forum,

made me LOL

[edit on 083131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

It shows either utter ignorance or sheer dishonesty. It is one or the other.

And, after all that has come out on the news in the past few days about who knew what when with these bonuses, for Obama to sit with Jay Leno (of all people) and say that the bonuses "stunned" him......

And, I am sure that the vast majority of the public will believe him. He is pandering to his "base" and they will eat it up. He is pandering to them, and the media is pandering to him.

Who is paying the price? All of us regular citizens......and it sucks.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

that they're just ****ing stupid.

Works for me,

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, its the headline over on Jake Tapper's blog at ABC News.

Obama jokes about being a bad bowler: Its like being in the Special Olympics.

Great. This comes less than 24 hours after he compared AIG to a suicide bomber.

I don't know who the hell is writing this guy's material, but he needs to be fired. This is absolutely reprehensible behavior for a sitting president.

link   

Yeah, its the headline over on Jake Tapper's blog at ABC News.

Obama jokes about being a bad bowler: Its like being in the Special Olympics.

I don't know who the hell is writing this guy's material, but he needs to be fired. This is absolutely reprehensible behavior for a sitting president.

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Well I was watching the faces of the folks at his Town hall tonight,

They looked angry,

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Did anyone ask a real question? Did he give any real answers?

People may look angry, but if they don't do anything, nothing will change.

People were angry at the Republicans and voted for change. Look at what we've gotten so far. This isn't the change that was promised, but it is the change that a lot of us expected.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Yea I saw that the people looked fed up with him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join