It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At G20, Kremlin to Pitch New Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

At G20, Kremlin to Pitch New Currency

www.themoscowtimes.com

The Kremlin published its priorities Monday for an upcoming meeting of the G20, calling for the creation of a supranational reserve currency to be issued by international institutions as part of a reform of the global financial system.

The International Monetary Fund should investigate the possible creation of a new reserve currency, widening the list of reserve currencies or using its already existing Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, as a "superreserve currency accepted by the whole of the international community," the Kremlin said in a statement issued on its web site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional Source: www.hindu.com...

[edit on 3/17/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, it sounds like all the rumors of a universal currency being pitched will indeed take place. It'll be proposed by Russia instead of the other EU picks... Not sure if the US would back such a plan, based on the Russia backing. I would think it would be more viable if suggested through another outlet.

www.themoscowtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ofcourse the US will back them with this. It's their one way ticket to getting the NAU off the ground and implemented. Once they have an international currency, accepted everywhere, it's just a matter of getting businesses to no longer accept the regular currency.

This is downright scary, I didn't think they would attempt to pull this crap at a G20 summit. Then again, I am pretty sure they are going to propose the NAU and the Asian Union as a way out of this crisis, maybe I was right.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused, where would the actual financial backing come from to keep this from becoming just another fiat money system?

Also, when is the G20 to meet? I'm sure I could google it but if someone has the quick info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Things are happening fast and furious aren't they?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Well really, there is no backing for the currency we have now, so really it would be more of the same.

As for the location I think it's in the UK this year...

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Good find! This would be related to a thread I started:

IMF poised to print billions of dollars in 'global quantitative easing'

It would be interesting seeing the overall (not just the Kremlin) Russian response to this pitch. I would think the Russians would know better than to fall for a one world currency. Same goes for China or any of their current allies. Governments are one thing, but people seem to be waking up real fast...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by RcknShdw]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RcknShdw

You beat me to it. I was just going to say that I think these two stories are very closely tied.

Will be very interesting to see how this pays out..

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The thing is Russia has a very different view of what this New Super Currency would be than say the US or UK. Such has been the quandry all along. A new currency that allows current dislocations of Debt to be wiped away would in fact be a robbery of the Savings that were put aside by countries like russia and china.

Who for that matter runs the IMF? I believe its the same ones who are behind the FED and Central Banks around the world. So what difference would it make? No, I think that where the rubber hits the road on this deal is where russia backs away and says 'no thanks'.

Their probably thinking about some russian-asian-arab currency or some mix of those that would play off of the saved up dollars from selling america stuff and thereby putting debt ridden america in its place. Weellll, that's not gonna work for us. We want all our Debt you hold wiped away on this 'new currency' deal AND we will run it. So as you can see, there's probably not going to be any real agreement on this type of thing until after some major conflagration. In other words, I'm not completely sure that a one world currency will necessarily presage a one world gov't.

edit to add: Flag and Star since this is important news from a currency warfare standpoint, IMO.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

top topics

join