It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilliland Ranch UFOs and no real investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
so if UFOs are soooo common at Mt. Adams as viewable from the basecamp at Gilliland Ranch then why have no climbers reported viewing ufos up close and in person? Its not as if Mt. Adams is Everest! Many many people have climbed this mountain before and i've yet to find a single report of a hiker/climber reporting anything about ufos.... its only those at the ranch that see them rather than those who are actually in the middle of where the ufos are being reported as seen. It reminds me of the local Spook Lights we have in Northern Wisconsin/Michigan which really are nothing more than a mirage created by lights from the highways and reflections. Real or not i'm discouraged by the fact that they are only viewable from a hippie ranch and not from those in the midst of the ufo's supposed location. I hope i'm wrong and that viewers can kindly redirect me to online accounts of upclose and personal witnesses on Mt. Adams to the supposed UFOs.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sir, a few minutes investigating the Gilliland Ranch case would reveal that their has, in fact been a real investigation at the Gilliland Ranch. Don't be lazy bud. You made it A51 with some amazing stuff. Take the time and do some research. You can't rely on us to do it all for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
sitting on a ranch is NOT investigating when you have the actual action within LEGAL hiking distance. Please explain the "real investigation" ... a bunch of old men sitting around a campfire with a camera and scope again is NOT an investigation ...its a joke. Climbing the mountian with all sorts of recording devices while coodinating with those below watching the events IS an actual investigation in my humble opinion.....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
sitting on a ranch is NOT investigating when you have the actual action within LEGAL hiking distance. Please explain the "real investigation" ... a bunch of old men sitting around a campfire with a camera and scope again is NOT an investigation ...its a joke. Climbing the mountian with all sorts of recording devices while coodinating with those below watching the events IS an actual investigation in my humble opinion.....

I suppose you are referring to the ATS investigation?

A simple google search reveals all sorts of tidbits.

Here

I'll save you the best for the last.

I do agree with you that climbing the mountain is a no brainer, considering the sightings and footage. All ATS had to do was have one person stay on the mountain and communicate via walkie talkie, while the other films. But no. Not ATS. They couldn't possibly take that approach.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Our ATS Field Team as been to the mountain...

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I think you make a good point that there has been no real investigation. Guys with cameras at the base of the mountain get some good evidence, but in no means is it proof of anything but lights in the sky. Will climbing up a mountain a couple thousand feet make that much more of a difference? I don't know? But its should be explored.

I did find this after doing a quick search.

Summary: This is a serious climb. You should only go with someone who's done it before. It's close to 7000ft over 5.8 miles. There is a trail from Cold Springs campground up to the first glacier, and from there you have to know your way.There's snow year round. Many climbers camp overnight at elevation (6-9000 feet) and summit the following day. We did this in one day, starting out at 6:15. Depending on the time of year, you can get into serious weather. You need to be physically prepared, and you need a good day pack with lots of water, energy bars, layers of clothing and emergency supplies. It gets cold at the top - 12,285'.You should know the symptoms of altitude sickness. You have to be ready to slide (glissade) down, or the walk will be very strenuous. All that said, when you summit you will be at one of the highest points in the Northwest, and there aren't too many experiences you'll go through in life that are more rewarding. Be SAFE! Go with an experienced person.
source

It appears that going to the summit is not a walk in the park. Its probably best that the old guys around the camp fire stay there. But as you stated its not Everest. Can probably be done by anybody that is in good health. I think its probably just a matter of time before someone explores Mt. Adams form the top.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

i've read several of those articles as well. The hike is definatly NOT a light one, and bringing alone someone experienced and familiar with the mountain/routes, sounds in order. It sounds like a potentially real phenomona is occuring ON and above the mountain. Sitting at the base of the mountain in some comfy ranch will only prove there is lights in the sky which honestly is meaningless...flares, reflections...venus, swamp gas lol??

Organizing a search team on the mountain coordinated by a second team situated at the ranch would yield some potentially explosive results and first hand encounters. I would be a hypocrite for starting this forum and not volunteering to go myself... if i'm convinced the activity is mainly on the mountain i would love to organize a trip for myself and a friend up the mountain and report back..(sometime this summer)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Well if you go in the summer best of luck. I would love to see the mountain myself, but Washington is a little far away.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have never saw a video from the ranch that couldn't be copied by a hiker with a light over on that mountain. Why do the lights never move much, and never above the outline of the mountain. All the glorious sitings James claims to happen and all he can catch on film is hiker headlamps on the mountain. Smells fishy to me, scam imo.
Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is some info on the science side of Mt. Adams. I have always held a belief that some of the anomalies could be attributed to geological phenomenon.

USGS Fault Survey

Wiki- on Mt. Adams ( look at the Geology section especially)

Link to a lecture on lights vs. geology

earhtquake lights

Siesmic Activity in Washington 1990-2006

I am not saying this explains it ALL , but does provide some food for thought.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
we did not go up the mountain but we did see some hikers in the vicinity of the lights from the previous night. Rob spent extra time there with his crew and I am fairly sure he spoke with James about hiking and who's allowed etc. I remember being told that the local native americans control the mountain so trying to access the portal and all that other stuff would need approval. James says he's been there and said he could get approval if needed.

Maybe chrisonabike can add some input here with regards to the mountain.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
we did not go up the mountain but we did see some hikers in the vicinity of the lights from the previous night. Rob spent extra time there with his crew and I am fairly sure he spoke with James about hiking and who's allowed etc. I remember being told that the local native americans control the mountain so trying to access the portal and all that other stuff would need approval. James says he's been there and said he could get approval if needed.

Maybe chrisonabike can add some input here with regards to the mountain.

i havent read this on any of the hiking/climbing forums i've read regarding Mt. Adams , but then again i've never been there in person and i'm sure you have more accurate first hand info. Thanks for the update! Also to the other poster, i completely agree alot of these phantom lights are very real geological anomolies. As you pointed out, "earhtquake lights" are quite a possability given the siesmic activity in the region.

However lights that appear to react to lasers and to alter their trajectory based on an interaction with the Gilliland witnesses, IF TRUE, does cast a shadow of doubt on this "earthquake lights" theory.

1993, Professors Derr and Persinger put forward a theory that earth lights may be generated piezoelectrically under a tectonic strain. This theory suggests that the strains which move faults also causes heat in the rocks, vaporising the water in them. Rocks and soils containing piezoelectric elements such as quartz (or silicon) may also produce electricity, which is channeled up through soils via a column of vaporised water until it reaches the surface — somehow displaying itself in the form of earth lights. If correct, this explains why such lights can behave in an electrical and erratic – or even apparently intelligent – manner Persinger, M.A. (1993). Perceptual and Motor Skills. "Geophysical variables and behavior: LXXIV. Man-made fluid injections into the crust and reports of luminous phenomena (UFO Reports) - is the strain field an aseismically propagating hydrological pulse?". Derr, J.S. (1993). Perceptual and Motor Skills. "Seasonal hydrological load and regional luminous phenomena (UFO reports) within river systems: the Mississippi Valley test.".

[edit on 12-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Here is the thing about the "responses" to lasers.... have these phenomenon repeated a complex set of laser blips? Like maybe an SOS in morse code? Or were these responses subjective? Did they shine a laser and see it do something they misinterpreted as a response? Until one of these anomolies can show an INDISPUTABLE response to a laser pointer it is nothing but hearsay and conjecture. The lights I have seen posted here and elsewhere showed nothing to indictae they were responding to any stimuli from the ground. I am not dismissing anything, by all means if you have footage I haven't seen or can point me in the right direction therein I will be more than happy to look at it. It is weird, no doubt. I am not placing the skeptic blanket on this one just haven't seen anything that doesn't fit into the realm of possibilities of geological phenomenon...yet.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with your comments. I'm on the fence on this one, especially since i have never been to the Ranch in person yet hard for me to judge. I think you bring up a good point regarding the subjective nature of a supposed "response" from the lights in regards to lasers/spotlights. This very well could be all geologically related rather than military/et/supernatural. Whatever the case it is curious and from what i've read is somewhat consistant

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Well enjoy the hike and let us know...I will be watching for a thread.

new topics

top topics

join