It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may run for president of Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I may run for president of Texas

worldnetdaily.com

It was these types of thoughts that led me to utter the tongue-n-cheek frustration on Glenn Beck's radio show, "I may run for president of Texas!"

I'm not saying that other states won't muster the gumption to stand and secede, but Texas has the history to prove it. As most know, Texas was its own country before it joined the Union as its 28th state. From 1836 to 1846, Texas was its own Republic. Washington-on-the-Brazos (river) served as our Philadelphia, Pa. It was there, on March 2, 1836, where a band of patriots forged the Texas Declaration of Independence. (We just celebrated these dates last week.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
wow, it is not a joke I belive. as we know the texas is the state which according to constitution can secede. and I have my personal belif that Chuck Norrris could be elected to the governor.

and this guy as I see is going to consider separation from US. this is going to open the domino play. all other states are getting ready to make it possible too.

so many people talking now about it that I do start to belive that it is really foing to happen.

enjoy the read. cheers

worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only thing i can find is that texas can't secede but can be broken up int five states and the secedding thing is just an urban legend. I could be very wrong so please let me know if i am.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only thing i can find is that texas can't secede but can be broken up int five states and the secedding thing is just an urban legend. I could be very wrong so please let me know if i am.

I havent heard that Texas could be split into 5 states but I have always heard that Texas's right to seccede is just a myth.

I am from Texas by the way.

I will say that, if Texas DID have the right to seccede I dont think we would. It would be a poor move really.....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If Texas did succeed, then who would they brag too that everything is bigger and better in Texas? It would just be a small country squished between the US and Mexico.

Would you really want to be a small country squished between the US and Mexico?

I wouldn't...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

never heard of Texas falling apart...
well, anyway some good info you can find here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Chuck Norris would.
I live in Poland so I can only wish Texas all the best. whatever it is...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Wow, Chuck Norris as governnor...what a beautiful thought. There would never ever be any wars....ever.

Anyway as for Texas seceding, I would not be surprised as Texans have always kind of done things their own way. And I agree it would be a domino effect with other states falling in line behind it.

Very strange, although I wonder if George would run for President in that state, it would be pretty funny to see Glen run against him, don't you think?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have to say - I really would like to see the election with Chuch. there would be a lot of new jokes with him. and I like them all

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
More evidence that the far right is coming completely unhinged and can't handle living in a democracy, where they might actually lose an election now and then.

They like to talk about how the Obama administration has supposedly done away with the entire Constitution in the last 40 days, without any evidence that this is the case.

Meanwhile, these alleged defenders of the Constitution said nothing when the Bush administration ditched the Fourth Amendment entirely (NSA wiretapping) and it's lawyers tried to get rid of the First

Deeply, deeply disturbed people...

[edit on 3/9/09 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would only accept Chuck Norris as my govenor with Mr. T as his right hand!
Then we could merge the legislative and executive powers into one unstappable fighting force! Man, that woulb be totally AWESOME !!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'd really like to say goodbye to that state. Great chili, ribs, and naked cheerleaders doesn't make up for Bush and everything else.

I'm an isolationist. Let us not give either Texas or the oligarchs that misrule Mexico any help. The opposition can't possibly be worse thugs than those who are currently running the gubberment. Texas even has its own electric grid for Christ's sake.

Don't mess with Texas -- unless you want to.

P.S.: I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to the Bible-belt states either.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by BSndsMPBlk47]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Republic of Texas dont need no friggen Union! I have traveled and live all over the USA and I cant wait to move back home. (Texas) Just one more endless month and I'll be chillin' in Dallas again.

Check the link out for a good read.

www.texasrepublic.info...

doesn't make up for Bush and everything else.

Bush is from Connecticut, he aint no Texan.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm a native Texan but because Texas rejected Kinky Friedman for Gov; in favor of a geek A&M grad, A cheerleader [again] and a Republican;
then I'm afraid Texas is toast and deserves anything it gets.

Careful when driving thru Lubbock; I still have some relatives there and they can get pretty raunchy.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As to the secession of the Great Nation of Texas, apparently it was never annexed in the first place...

It started with an unlawful annexation by resolution from the US Congress after a Treaty of Annexation was voted down three to one by the US Senate in 1844. There is no provision in the U.S. Constitution that allows its Congress any authority for annexing a foreign nation, which the Constitutional Texas republic is and was at that time. To accomplish annexation, the U.S. House and Senate passed an unlawful joint resolution using color of law. There was not a quorum present to vote on the matter, so it was passed unlawfully. Further, only the US Senate by a two-thirds majority vote can pass an annexation treaty, and their annexation authority is limited to territories, and therefore, does not extend to nations. Through this fraud, the republic of Texas Nation in 1845 was placed in dormancy and The State of Texas was unlawfully created, by color of law trickery.

Republic of Texas

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I will gladly vote for:

A.) Glenn Beck

B.) Chuck Norris

C.) Kinky Friedman (voted for him the last time around)

D.) Me

I hope we GTFO of the USA.

We don't need them . . . they need us.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by A NeWorlDisorder

Actually Bush is from Maine...

Just though I would let you know...

Vote Chuck Norris!

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting:

The STATE OF TEXAS (Case # 95-1002) and THE HAGUE INTERNATIONAL COURT (Case # 94135) recognize the republic of Texas as a Sovereign Nation.

www.texasrepublic.info...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Actually Bush is from Maine...

Just though I would let you know...

Vote Chuck Norris!

~Keeper

www.whitehouse.gov...

Edit for a better link.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Point taken, it's his father who is from maine then.

www.nndb.com...

<<   2 >>

join