It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truely Cool! A Very Pink Dolphin - Picture - This is for real!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is really COOL - A Real PINK Dolphin - in the U.S. I have never seen anything like this. The man says it has RED EYES! You can't see the eyes in the picture.

link to article: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Charter boat captain Erik Rue, 42, photographed the animal, which is actually an albino, when he began studying it after the mammal first surfaced in Lake Calcasieu, an inland saltwater estuary, north of the Gulf of Mexico in southwestern USA.

Capt Rue originally saw the dolphin, which also has reddish eyes, swimming with a pod of four other dolphins, with one appearing to be its mother which never left its side.

I can not imagine what has caused it to be pink! I have heard of albino dolphins before, but not pink.

The world is full of amazing things and this is one of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is cool and amazing! I never thought of albinos as being pink, I also thought they were all white....neat

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Albino but it eats crustaceons(ie shrimp) which make it pink. Same thing as Flamingos

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That's amazing. Next i guess we may see a purple elephant?

I just hope that dolphin is a girl.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let me take a wild guess?

Cuteoverload?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thank you you made my day!
what a sign!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cha49

actually, flamingos are pink from salt. There is a place down in Chile that they eat at, with salt, that makes them pink....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
lmao it looks very cool. we need more of them. why not breed lots of pink animals. i want a pink lion

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
what a sign!

I agree, to me - it is a sign..... I have never heard of a pink dolphin before... it really is amazing! I love how he said "the mother" never left the side of the pink dolphin. I can just look at that picture all day.

If I saw it in real life myself..... wow...........

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocTesla
lmao it looks very cool. we need more of them. why not breed lots of pink animals. i want a pink lion

Hey doc

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d8c08701e4a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Great pic,red eyes as well maybe it's an albino dolphin,like the rabbits.

Still very cool find.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
blogs.nature.com...

a dying breed.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
what a sign!

I agree, to me - it is a sign..... I have never heard of a pink dolphin before... it really is amazing! I love how he said "the mother" never left the side of the pink dolphin. I can just look at that picture all day.

If I saw it in real life myself..... wow...........

here is another, simply beatifull
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e096f10271c4.gif[/atsimg]

Pink Amazon River Dolphin The Amazon river dolphin is the world's largest freshwater dolphin, and it's also considered the most intelligent -- its brain capacity is 40 percent greater than that of humans. (See? Pink = smart.) They're normally found in the Amazon and Orinoco river regions of South America, but the adorable little guy below was actually spotted in Louisiana.
www.lemondrop.com...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
blogs.nature.com...

a dying breed.

That is a different breed of dolphin from this one, but very interesting to learn about. I never knew about them before.

Here is a link to more, unenhanced pics of the one spotted in Louisiana: calcasieucharters.com...

Sorry, I don't seem to have any luck doing the link thing here so if a mod would like to fix it for me, that would be nice. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That is so awesome.
I have to wonder about the genetic anomaly which caused this.
Fascinating to say the least.
Quite a respite from world doom, wouldn't you say?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Its absolutley beautiful. I love dolphins!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I for one welcome our new pink overlord!
All Hail Pinky!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
This is really COOL - A Real PINK Dolphin - in the U.S. I have never seen anything like this. The man says it has RED EYES! You can't see the eyes in the picture.

link to article: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Charter boat captain Erik Rue, 42, photographed the animal, which is actually an albino, when he began studying it after the mammal first surfaced in Lake Calcasieu, an inland saltwater estuary, north of the Gulf of Mexico in southwestern USA.

Capt Rue originally saw the dolphin, which also has reddish eyes, swimming with a pod of four other dolphins, with one appearing to be its mother which never left its side.

I can not imagine what has caused it to be pink! I have heard of albino dolphins before, but not pink.

The world is full of amazing things and this is one of them.

totaly cool. unsual i like it

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is actually on the front page of news.com.au right now - never heard about it until today. It looks just like a kid's bath toy!

www.news.com.au...

And evidently there's one in Singapore too:

4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't have links, and I'm fairly new here so please humour me.

There was a story on BBC news recently of a pink elephant, a baby one, with pics.

The pink dolphin is an albino. There are pink/white dolphins also in South East Asia, in the Mekong River, just south of the Laos/Cambodia border, I think they're called Irawadi River Dolphins... ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join