It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief Proof of UFOs.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As a rational individual I had to prove to my own satisfaction that the whole subject of UFOs wasn't simply poorly researched bunk. In the spirit of sharing, here's what I came up with that finally convinced me there was something to the stories ...

During the 1942 Battle of Los Angeles the military instituted a mandatory black out of the entire city of LA & fired 1400+ Anti-Aircraft rounds at a single, quoting the military, "unidentified aircraft." This lasted for more than an hour. Despite numerous confirmed hits the craft remained airborne and eventually flew off without ever being identified. (Read the 1942 LA times article).

In 1948 green fireballs were seen over the south-western skies of the US near nuclear weapons research sites. Famous meteoriticist Dr. Lincoln La Paz declared they weren't normal meteors. In 1949 the USAF started Project Twinkle under the direction of Dr. Anthony Mirarchi.

The study concluded in a now declassified report that cinetheodolites had tracked 4 objects traveling at an "altitude of ~150K ft" (~28.5 miles!), were "30 ft. in diameter", & traveling at an "undeterminable, yet high speed." Mirarchi went on to later criticize a Time magazine article that claimed there was no proof to support the existence of UFOs.

Mirarchi wrote, "There was too much evidence in favor of saucers to say they could have all been balloons. 'I was conducting the main investigation. The government had to depend on me or my branch for information.' He said he didn't see how the Navy could say there had been no concrete evidence of the phenomena." (see here for more details)

Also in 1948 Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a self-proclaimed skeptic, joined Project Blue Book as a scientific adviser. By 1969 when Blue Book was shutdown Hynek did an about face. He wrote several books, particularly, "The Hynek UFO Report" which repeatedly stated that the attitude of Blue Book was, "it can't be therefore it isn't."

He also gave an interview, available on YouTube, where he said, "I was there at Blue Book and I know the job they had. They were told not to excite the public, don't rock the boat, & I saw it [with] my own eyes. ... The cases that were very difficult to explain they would jump handsprings to keep the media away from that." He later went on to found the Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS).

July 13 - 29th of 1952, over the skies of Washington DC, numerous UFOs were seen by observers on the ground, in the air, & tracked on radar. The situation escalated & General Samford, the Director of Intelligence of the USAF, held an emergency press conference. When asked by a reporters what people were seeing he suggested the lights on the ground may have looked like they were in the air because inversions act like an "air lens" & bend light rays. He added that something similar could have "tricked" radar in to thinking it was tracking aerial targets. (ufologie.net...)

In 1969 an Air Force scientific report titled "Quantitative Aspects of Mirages" (Menkello, F.G. Report No. 6112, USAF, Environmental Technical Applications Center) made it clear inversions strong enough to create the visual effect described during the 1952 press-conference could not exist in earth's atmosphere.
[edit on 25-2-2009 by Xtraeme]
edit on 12/6/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1956 at RAF Bentwaters, Lakenheath, & Sculthorpe an object was sighted by several military officers on the ground while simultaneously tracked on radar at 2 different stations. The object moved at ~4000 mph and was monitored for several hours during which two planes were scrambled.

When the 1st DeHavilland Venom locked on to the object the UFO shot to the rear of the plane. The pilot tried evasive maneuvers, couldn't break free & eventually had to return to base to refuel.

The 2nd plane encountered mechanical difficulties as it flew within range of the object. The US sponsored Condon Report had this to say, "In conclusion, although conventional or natural explanations certainly cannot be ruled out, the probability of such seems low in this case and the probability that at least one genuine UFO was involved appears fairly high."

Astronaut Gordon Cooper claimed he saw his 1st UFO while flying over W. Germany in 1952. During 1957 while filming at Edwards AFB he stated he saw a UFO land in the CA flats and that the film was confiscated by the military. It's hard to imagine what Cooper would hope to gain from such a story. If you listen to his tone in this interview. I think you'll agree when I say he doesn't sound particularly excitable.

On 1986 flight JAL-1628 there were 3 air-visuals of a UFO the size of an aircraft carrier, 1 air & 2 ground radar confs. This lasted for 30 minutes. Also the FAA chief John Callahan admitted he gave the flight data to Reagan's scientific staff & said afterwards he was sworn to secrecy by the CIA.

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin on 11/24/2007 made an appearance on Larry King Live (youtube vid) and said that as the panels were floating away from Apollo 11 that he, Armstrong, and Collins tracked a point of light in space, that wasn't a star, that was moving and changing directions.

In 1952 naval photographer, Delbert Newhouse, video-taped a flotilla of UFOs while with his wife & 2 small children. He recorded several minutes worth of color video footage. When handed to the USAF it was instantly classified Top Secret. The 1st analysis concluded they were not balloons, aircraft, & unlikely to be birds.

The 2nd analysis by USN Photo Interpretation Lab at Navy's Anacostia facilities was the culmination of a ~1000 man hours of work. There was almost complete consensus it couldn't be birds because there was no fluttering. The P.I.L representative suggested they weren't birds, balloons, aircraft, were "not reflections because there was no blinking while passing through 60 degrees of arc" & were, therefore, "self-luminous."

The third group to analyze the film led by the CIA, the Robertson panel, conceded to Dr. Thornton Page's analysis. His argument was that the images on the film looked similar to seagulls he had seen near his home. This simple ten-second analysis became the official explanation.

In 1969 Page lamented the "excessive levity" he brought to the Panel's proceeding and how he later thought the UFO subject deserved serious scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So in conclusion these accounts demonstrate:

1. that there is something unidentified in our airspace. Project Twinkle definitively proves this, as does the 1957 RB-47 encounter.
  2. it's likely more than just a simple aerial/weather phenomena. The 1956 Bentwater sighting, the 1976 Iranian F16 incident, & the 1942 Battle of Los Angeles strongly suggest intelligence.

and,
  3. in recent years we're seeing many instances where people who have worked in high-ranking positions in the government are whistle-blowing (FAA Chief Callahan, Astronaut Cooper, Blue Book Dir. Ruppelt, Astronaut Aldrin, Blue Book Scientific adviser Hynek, Attorney Daniel Sheehan, Lt. Col. Daniel Mcgovern, Gov. Fife Symington, Vice-Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, etc) & they're largely being ignored even though many of them have publicly stated they're willing to testify under oath before congress.

If this isn't enough to convince you something's happening in our skies research Big Sur (1964/09/16), the Malmstrom AFB Missile/UFO incident (1967/03/16), Iranian F-4 encounter (1976/09/19), 1909 plane stands still for 15 minutes in MA (1909/12/24), Denison daylight Texas sighting (1878/01), Discovery Mission 29 (1989/03/13-14) and I have plenty more if anyone's interested.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great work! S & F. Thanks very much for that fantastic summary of some of the very best evidence.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Well done , i agree. If this isn't enough to convince people that there's something going on in our airspace (ufos!!) than i don't know what will and they will probably never accept it until an Alien from Zeta Reticuli knocks on their front door.

Not just this but hundreds of thousands of eyewitness testimony and reports of abduction must stand for something even if its only 5-10% true.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Star & Flag for this one!

Well put together and informative.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Nice thread, S & F

they will probably never accept it until an Alien from Zeta Reticuli knocks on their front door.

Yea, that will have to happen to me in order to believe 100% there is aliens.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just to throw this out there, I'm always reevaluating what I learn based off of new material that comes to light. That being the case I installed mediawiki on one of my servers to better track my source material. I would have used TinWiki, but unfortunately it doesn't have the Cite module or Semantic MediaWiki installed

I've kept the site under lock and key for sometime now, but I figure it might be a useful resource for people that are looking for more pedantic sourcing.

I originally wrote the article posted in this thread here on the Wiki at: wiki.razing.net. I'm regularly culling material and trying to distill the absolute best evidence.

The next thing I'm trying to convince myself of is extra solar life. My best proof of this the Viking 1 mission. Very few people realize this, but the mission was a success! It detected "the presence of an active agent that was inhibited by heating" which satisfied the pre-mission criteria for detecting microbial organisms. And to think that was 32 years ago! What's even more surprising is a number of scientists still believe this is proof of life on Mars.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Very informative, starred and flagged.

... and I have plenty more if anyone's interested.

I'll bite, what other radar / visual cases are there that have stood the test of skeptical analysis?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
hey great post...I just cant believe people still think that we ARE alone. How crazy is that?!? These doubters really must be dillusional.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, I've been telling everyone for years but walking and communicating with the real deal doesn't count around here because they need they hands on proof, words are worthless.

Shame as I see it because I see there are many abductee's/experiencers right here at this site that have information that they would share for free but the abuse of members keeps them from sharing some interesting and knowledgable info.

I would think people could sense truth but they can't.

I'm here others are here and there are many other that are in our deepest waters because they can't breathe our air up here and they are there in mass.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

i agree with your point on the abductions. even artifacts placed in their body, which are emitting radio signals, strong radio signals at that, attached to nerves, and once removed there is no more radio signal, proves there is something odd going on.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
S+F!

Great post. Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is proof that UFO's are in our airspace..not that aliens are,ive heard of these stories before and they also sealed the deal for me..especially the 1942 battle of LA..Aliens? unless someone peeked inside thats still pure speculation,and we still cant say if these are actual craft or a natural phenomena.All we know is there are UFO's.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think it is likely that there is extraterrestrial life. Whether there's intelligent extraterrestrial life, to what extent, and its distribution, for me is another question. What made me question the potential extent of intelligent extraterrestrial life is the geological timeline here on earth.

For 100 million years, when the dinosaurs were here, mammals, including our ancestor, were rodent sized survivors who appeared not to be evolving towards the kind of intelligence we'd associate with primates. Right now, on earth, the most successful organisms in terms of numbers aren't us. They're insects and bacteria, which don't appear (from what I've read – I'm no expert) to be evolving towards the kind of intelligence we'd associate with complex technology. We're a geological blip. The earth has had lots of highly successful, cognitively limited, organisms that didn't make it, but could have in different circumstances.

There are many mass extinction events, such as the mind-boggling 'Great Dying' which seem less about fairness and more about luck and 'exaption'. We seem remarkably lucky to have made it, and even more lucky to have the cognitive abilities to reflect on the situation.

So while I think intelligent life is probable given the potential for it, I don't know how probable it is, or whether it is possible that there are planets with older life than ours, but no intelligent life e.g. A similar situation to us and the dinosaurs. I can't assume that intelligent life is an automatic by-product of evolution or life. I don't know if it is likely or if it is rare.

I suppose my questions could be boiled down to one: How likely was intelligent life here on earth?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Interesting Stuff Xtraeme

There are some very well documented cases out there, and they hopefully make people pause for thought.

Just a heads-up on Buzz Aldrin's admission. He actually did a sort of a back-flip and recanted having ever had a close encounter. Again it was on the Larry King Show Larry King

I have the utmost respect for Buzz, and was a bit disappointed with what he had to say in this program. He was quite dismissive of the whole UFO thing in general.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Good job Xtraeme, S&F from me.

This thread is Applause-worthy

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

unless someone peeked inside thats still pure speculation,and we still cant say if these are actual craft or a natural phenomena.All we know is there are UFO's.

This is true, but...so far, we've eliminated:

1. top secret craft of the US or foreign powers... We can eliminate this logically, as if this were so, such tech would be in more common usage and would not be classified over 60 years later.

2. all other natural phenomena... This doesn't mean it couldn't be some unknown phenomena...but so far, no natural explanations apply to said cases.

So, with those two possibilities eliminated so far (under our current understanding), we're left with something Earthly powers didn't make, seems to exhibit intelligent control, and cannot be explained via a natural phenomena.... What conclusion do you draw given this criteria? There are only two... Simply state they are still unexplained, and leave it at that...or posit that we are being visited by beings outside of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Great post! Excellent research!

So, what now? Why can't we get the truth out? Who do we have to call?

Everyone agrees we need full disclosure, but it won't happen. Not until the media gets on board, and I mean the mainstream respected media. AP, Reuters, UPI.

Sheppard Smith needs to do a story, without his usual smurky remarks.

Diane Sawyer needs to put Obama on the spot.

If I were related to one of them, I would certainly make sure it was discussed at the next Memorial Day block party.....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Gazrok,

You must remember not just in or outside our Solar System but the mass that is right here in the deepest of our waters.

I often write all those stars are not stars and they also wanted me to give a hint and said for me to make people take note that the Planets and Moons in our Solar System are all wrong for each other.
?????

I am assuming that one day the things I write might trigger something in someone and the answer hidden within them will come forward, sometimes this is the way it works with these beings.

Plant the seed watch it grow and yes they do believe we are evolving to slowly.

<<   2  3 >>

join