It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream I cant understand. Help me understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I did not know where to post this sorry so I put it here.

Last night I had a dream and when I woke up I just had an overwhelming feeling that this dream had some kind of meaning. Ive never felt a dream feel so real to me in the sense that I wanted to know what it meant. My memory is a bit hazy but I remember the most important parts so bear with me.

My dream started out with a pack of four wolves running through the snow. One of them was white and was about as big as an average wolf another was gray and a little bigger the third was like a brownish color and the last was a black one that was obviously bigger than all the other ones.
While traveling through the snow they came upon a house out on top of hill and out of nowhere they shapeshifted into humans and walked up to see if anyone was home. The black, gray, and brown wolves turned to people I did not know but the white wolf turned into me.
They walked to the house and found someone working on a vehicle and we walked up and started to talk. I dont remember what we were talking about but it eventually led to someone needing help finding theyre child out into the snow and we agreed to help and the last thing i remember before waking up was that it would be difficult to find the child if we could not shapeshift since the person was coming with us.

Is there any special meaning or was it just another dream? it seemed to real to just be a dream.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Patman12]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So is this just another dream?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Patman12

I am certainly no dream expert but I have been recording my dreams for 10 plus years.

My understanding is that people in your dream that you do not know usually represent different aspects of yourself. If you know without question that everyone in your dream is who they are in life, the dream could be precognitive.

Dreams are often heavily laden with symbolism that you can interpret are certainly look up on the internet. What do wolves mean to you? The different colors? Is the child you?

The fact that you feel so strongly about it probably means you need to understand. People can give you thoughts on the meaning but only you can find the real answer.

If you don't record your dreams, you might want to start. It took me a long time recording to get to a point where I actually am able to find the meaning in any dream that stands out like yours.

BTW, I love the subject of dreams as I do believe it is very often our subconscious or higher self trying to get a message to us.

Best of luck to you as you work this out.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Dreams are often heavily laden with symbolism that you can interpret are certainly look up on the internet. What do wolves mean to you? The different colors? Is the child you?

Well wolves have always been a subject of interest to me. What really interests me though is how they shapeshift as im also interested in that.
I can not think of any significance to the colors to me personally. And the child may be me but I couldnt be sure about that either

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

( Image link: blog.pucp.edu.pe... )

Not sure what to make of your dream. Do you watch anime or movies with people changing into wolves and such? Maybe the dream talks about your desire in leading a group to solve a problem or issue. It sounded like an interesting dream, have you had more since you posted this?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

That picture sort of reminds me of the dream

No I dont watch anime and the only movie I have seen with shapeshifting was underworld but that was a couple years ago.

I like the idea of leading a group of people, that could be something.

I just had this dream last night so havent had any more dreams like it yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
link

Wolves Wolves may have positive or negative meaning and may represent good or evil in dreams. They could represent hostility, aggression, sneakiness, and ferocious appetites. In some cultures, wolves represent feminine energies and in others masculine. In the Native American culture and tradition, the wolf is a symbol of a mysterious and wonderful teacher. Wolves are considered to be powerful guides who offer wisdom and enlightenment. When interpreting your dream consider your feelings in it and the mood upon awakening. If you were mesmerized and not afraid, then give your dream positive meaning and accept its message.

As to the shapeshifting could it be something like 'a wolf in sheep's clothing'?
Is someone masquerading as someone they are not. Are you?

Link to color interpretation

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Im pretty sure im not masquerading as someone else, Im a firm believer in being yourself. And thanks for that link its great.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patman12

Last night I had a dream and when I woke up I just had an overwhelming feeling that this dream had some kind of meaning. Ive never felt a dream feel so real to me in the sense that I wanted to know what it meant. My memory is a bit hazy but I remember the most important parts so bear with me.

My dream started out with a pack of four wolves running through the snow. One of them was white and was about as big as an average wolf another was gray and a little bigger the third was like a brownish color and the last was a black one that was obviously bigger than all the other ones.
While traveling through the snow they came upon a house out on top of hill and out of nowhere they shapeshifted into humans and walked up to see if anyone was home. The black, gray, and brown wolves turned to people I did not know but the white wolf turned into me.
They walked to the house and found someone working on a vehicle and we walked up and started to talk. I dont remember what we were talking about but it eventually led to someone needing help finding theyre child out into the snow and we agreed to help and the last thing i remember before waking up was that it would be difficult to find the child if we could not shapeshift since the person was coming with us.

Is there any special meaning or was it just another dream? it seemed to real to just be a dream.

Hi Patman12, Welcome to ATS!

I've had quite a few dreams, some came true, some not, and some still remain for future reviews.

Here are my first impressions. (I'm in no way definitely NOT a wolf expert)

*Wolves, aren't necessary 'bad' however, they are a predatory species.

*They usually travel in packs and will mate for life.

*Definitely have HIGH sensory perception, smell, sight & hearing being of the canine family.

*Dreams with color, IMO, are very significant because they are so rare. I'd be keeping a journal.

*Shapshifting, could just be due to watching a movie, reading a book or something along those lines. However, It may be depicting your nature 'like a wolf" meaning, once you are onto something, your 'wolf like abilities' kick in.

*The colors 'might' be significant...white =pure of heart; Black=dark of heart, sneaky; Brown=camouflage(?); Grey=middle of the ground. It also might be depicting those that you are currently hanging around with OR will be with soon.

In the dream, BEFORE you reach the house, you're in wolf form and your running with a pack, which you may or may not be hunting for anything at all. The pack stumbles upon a situation and in order to hide your 'real identity' you shift into you're more 'acceptable' form in order to have a conversation.

The thing that comes to mind is, 'Special Operations' personnel, Ninja archetypes. It almost seems like your in the military some sort of covert ops team. I even think you may be either in the military now, considered going into it or have been in it before.

I'm coming back to the colors again, with the last paragraph stated above, each color truly may be the true nature of the personality of the members of your team. Yes, you may be a pack, but, based upon your personality, you're given a choice.....the dreams ends and your left with a dire situation.

Dreams can depict future events~!!

Here's my interpretation.
The dreams ends with you having to make a decision(s).

*Is the pack going look for the girl because they are good in nature, or is each on going to go along with their wolf color?

*If the other 3 in the pack quite looking for the girl, would you still try and look for her wihtout running with the pack to make sure she's ok?

*Will YOU break with the pack to do what YOU know is right? There's a little girl freezing outside, how would you feel if it was you? Would you want someone that had 'wolf like' skills to help find you?

*Will you risk exposing your 'hidden nature' to help someone that is helpless?

The dream is asking you to make that choice.

There's a mission ahead, are you going to accept it with the risks involved? Exposing your hidden nature, might ban you from the pack forever?

Is the mission worth the risk??!!! It's a human life.

How do you know if the person you are helping doesn't have a hidden nature as well?

This dream is like eating a chicken, takes what is edible (significant to your life) and toss the bones (things that are not relent to your life)

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Excellent post!!! and definitely
on the links....

2nd line..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I will start keeping a journal on my dreams from now on.

I would like to say i have not seen a movie lately, much less one with shapeshifters.

I have been wanting to join the military so that was a surprise when you mentioned that.

P.S. thanks for all the help that Im getting its really helping me start to understand dreams a bit more.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi,

You could try this thread Dream Codes on BTS, it has alot of useful info in general.

Ive also had a powerful dream about a wolf (just one) but its all on that thread.

Also look into animal spirits too, you may find useful info that will help you understand the dream better.

Hope this helps, log in to BTS with same username / password.

JQ.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Ok im going there now

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One other thought here.

I have a friend who once went on a vision quest. His great-grandfather was Creek. On the last day he had a vision of two wolves, one running and one standing. He went home and did not tell anyone. When he reached his house on the door step was a wooden carving of two wolves, one running and one standing. He called an Apache Holy man he knew and asked him for understanding. Leaving out the personal details, he was told the wolf running was searching for the truth, the wolf standing was guarding what the creator had blessed him with.

Perhaps there is something in this for you that can help give meaning.

I must repeat, you must take the clues and apply them to yourself and what is happening in your life. We can give you thoughts but only you can interpret.

Glad to hear you are going to start recording. If you are consistent, you will signal you subconscious that you are serious and will eventually be able to get answers. How quickly will be a direct result of your efforts. Oh, but once you do start to see, you will never give up this medium as a source for understanding yourself and what is going on around you.

I am not religious, spiritual but not religious, however, I recall a verse in the Bible that says in the later days 'your young men will have visions and old men will dream dreams'. Hmmm, guess old can be relative.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patman12

Wolf, associated with traits that are sneaky,crafty, greedy, wily, vicious,deceptive, and untrustworthy.

Snow, frozen emotions fear and inhibition, mental boundaries, forgiveness of yourself and others can facilitate the thawing process

RUNNING, into a situation or away FROM SOMEONE OR SOMETHING,

Strong desire to run away from something,
from your fears instead of facing them,

Why are you running?

Vehicle, yours depicts your body and its condition, self-image, self-esteem, wheeling and dealing,

warning check your health. The auto represents your body, how did you feel when you woke up?

Child, more then likely represent the childish immature undisiplined aspect of yourself,

since the child was lost.

[edit on 012828p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This is a very useful post. You address the major points giving ways to think.

I agree with the vehicle, it almost always represents our self. I used to have many dreams where I was driving the car from the back seat. I knew I could get out at anytime and drive from the front seat but I didn't want anyone to see me. Ha...says a lot about the way I was. When I figured it out and changed, I no longer had the dream.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

what is below top secret?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hi VampireZio,

Not to go off topic on this thread ive sent you a u2u (red box at the top of the page) explaining about BTS. Just click on it.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The snow represents the "cold" world, the close-minded society.
If you would adapt to it (not shapeshift and show your real self), you'll be easily accepted but never save the "child", your true self. The 3 different wolves are the 3 degrees of change, you are the white one in your dream because you are staying true to your self, the others show what you can become.
The size of the wolves represents the ego.
The working on a vehicle means you are probably a system-buster.

Being true to yourself is hard and difficult choices will surely present themselves.

I am in no way an expert on this, just my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I want to thanks you guys for helpin out. Your posts have been really insightful.

top topics

join