It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And another weird animal from mother Russia...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This creature was found by Russian soldiers on Sakhalin shoreline. Sakhalin area is situated near to Japan, it’s the most eastern part of Russia, almost 5000 miles to East from Moscow (Russia is huge). People don’t know who is it. According to the bones and teeth - it is not a fish. According to its skeleton - it’s not a crocodile or alligator. It has a skin with hair or fur. It has been said that it was taken by Russian special services for in-depth studies, and we are lucky that people who encountered it first made those photos before it was brought away.

Once again... I'm out of my league here... so can someone shed some light into this?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Strange, and i suppose its too near the surface to be prehistoric?

Yep come on boffins shed some light please!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Not much help, but I read a long thread a couple of years back that discussed these photos. I've looked and couldn't find the thread. A couple of the posters were ocean biologists and identified it as the decomposed remains of a Beluga Whale. They posted comparisons of the skull and it was pretty compelling. If I can find the forum or thread I'll add the link later

Edited to add the link.

It's a Beluga or small-toothed whale (WTF?)

Russian plesiosaur?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the ichthyologists have published the results on this one...
This is a big kosatka - Orcinus orca.
It was thrown to the rocks by the storm and stuck there in a twisted position. the thick fur that impressed the fishermen turned out to be algae/driftweed stuck in large quantitiy to the body and the "crocodile" snout - the sculp flattened and opened as the result of impact on the rocks.
No sensation!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Russi]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Russi]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hah man, that's insane. Jurassic Park up in there.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WEll it's not a whale of any sort as some of you have been saying, look at those teeth:

Now look at these teeth:

Notice how much larger and flatter the teeth are? Notice how there are molars twards the back and places for molars?

Yep, not a whale, whales don't have molars.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It is a whale i beleive, its been covered on ATS before.

Sorry for the one liner

join