It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Two Witnesses of Rev 11 Here Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Could they be around somewhere right now? Based upon the progress in the fulfillment of the prophecy, illustrated by Daniel's Statue, I would say that they are almost certainly around somewhere right now, although they themselves may not yet be aware of their eventual calling, and may not yet even know each other. They could even still be children, or young adults, living a normal life (the kid who delivered your newspaper this morning could just as likely be one of the Two Witnesses some day as anyone else) - although I do expect that they will be, or will have been, very interested in Bible study.

www.keyway.ca...

Funny, when I goggled the "two witnesses" this article came up,

and this came up also..........

www.godstwowitnesses.org...

A quick search found many, many things that make sense, with one exception........."pre-trib" rapture..........

The point is that I do believe that the two witnesses are here and most likely already speaking out, but, the media won't cover them......

So God, will force them to be covered in Jerusalem, but I do not know how soon. Perhaps not until close to the end.............

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

www.biblegateway.com...

It does not say they will be seen by the whole world until they are killed and then rise.............

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wasn't their a couple called "He & She" in the sixties. that the same claim was made about?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
the two witnesses are not here because the tribulation has not started..

the peace treaty the AC makes with israel is what kicks off the tribulation

the pre-trib rapture is the only valid view for a rapture..if you study enough you will see that..a good place to start is to watch chuck missler on the rapture

also there is a verse in one of the books in the old testament saying god will send elijah back to earth as one of the witnesses..not sure which books its one of the last ones..i dont feel like looking it up

the only debate is over the 2nd..whether it will be enoch or moses

some say moses for obvious reasons..some say enoch because he and elijah were the only 2 to never taste the first death

but they wont be here until the church is gone..the AC is revealed..and the tribulation is underway

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If they are Elijah and Enoch (two who never experienced death) then they are alive - I guess technically could be here but not yet active in their end times role.

Some even claim they are the two witness' ho ho do a search on Ron Weinland.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by resonance

but they wont be here until the church is gone..the AC is revealed..and the tribulation is underway

Again, the ignorance of actual biblical fact is stunning. The "rapture" is nowhere in the bible whatsoever.

Part of the AC's "trick" is the lie of the rapture before the tribulation. Million's, even perhaps billions will follow this false one into eternal death.

It is possible that Elijah and Enoch are the witnesses, but if so, would not the world be "stunned" into belief? Perhaps it will be so for the true believer's.....................and the billions who follow the antichrist would hate them in "disbelief"...........

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In dealing with Rev. chap. 11 you must note the first verse the house of Yah. is first measured up, and then verse 2 the court without is not to be measured up, this is given over to the Gentiles to trod under foot 42 mos.. Yah. in His great mercy is giving those outside His house, those who have not come to the proffered Messiah a last chance to get in His camp or stay in Satan's. We are close, very close to that time! All who will can come, this is the last call! Anon. I remain.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Do you think it's possible that the witnessses aren't actually people but maybe an entity, like a news channel or web site, that would allow people to "witness" events as they happen?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I personally hold that the “Two Witnesses” who have to “preach the truth while wearing sackcloth” are a reference to the “Old and New” Testament which had to be taught in secret during the persecutions by the Inquisition. Back in those times, it was a death penalty offense to teach anything not in accordance with the Roman Catholic Position on the Bible, and it was equally punishable to even own one of the books. Revelations to me is a roadmap of the age of the Church, which begins with the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD and ends with the coming return of Christ. I do not hold to any of the speculation about how there is a 7-year end time tribulation, or that two people literally come back and preach in the streets of Israel. That is Jesuit Counter Reformation propaganda, which has found its new home in the current Christian establishment, and is supported by the Zionist movement as it teaches a rebuilt Israel and Temple Mount. None of it is truly biblical.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2 and/or Defcon5
Do you think it's possible that the witnessses aren't actually people but maybe an entity, like a news channel or web site, that would allow people to "witness" events as they happen?

Then how will they die and rise in 3-1/2 days for all the world to see?

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
If they are Elijah and Enoch (two who never experienced death) then they are alive - I guess technically could be here but not yet active in their end times role.

Some even claim they are the two witness' ho ho do a search on Ron Weinland.

I actually started to read one of his (Weinland's) e-books titled "2008 God's Final Witness". I got to maybe page 100 or so when he started to mention (way too often) that he was one of God's final witnesses. I must admit that it was a very interesting read until I got sick and tired of hearing him mention that he was one of the witnesses. I then deleted the e-book when he mentioned that his wife was the other witness. I think this guy is a false profit and full of....you know what.
Anyhow, if he were truly one of God's witnesses, I don't think he would be advertising it in any way. I don't think that God would want him to.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Could they be around somewhere right now?

The point is that I do believe that the two witnesses are here and most likely already speaking out, but, the media won't cover them......

To my reckoning,
the "TWO Witnesses" come at the same time-frame as the 144,00 getting 'sealed'
which is right after the anti-christ/false prophet is revealed->
causing 'all' to recieve the Mark of the beast

The Witnesses & the 144,000 are at the opening of the 'Seals' period.

(between the sequential seals & 6 trumpets is a long period of time
some 42 months/1260 days)

In the quote box above ->> Rev 11: chapter

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Whoa... my post got computer bit.

the Rev chapter 11...
tells us that the two-witnesses meet their demise at the chronological
time of the 6th Trumpet, which is also identified as the 2nd woe,

so their 1260 day mission is completed before the completion of the 7th Trumpet... and the continued slaughter of the 144,000 and the remaining
believers/martyrs as the forces of good-vs-evil plays out for the next 75 days with the 3rd Woe & 7th Trumpet....

ponder the scriptural mystery of the 1260 days, and the 1335 days
and tell us what you think.

the two-witnesses, are never said to have family or cousins/kin
they are thought to appear, spontaneously as Angels do...

scripture suggests they just show up, as full grown adults with their message and mission, to wreak havoc on the Beasts empire

i hope this gets through, but i'm saving it to note-pad just-in-case

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm just curious but do the two witnesses have to be human; could they be something else such as angels or animal or something else heck even a robot

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Could they be around somewhere right now? Based upon the progress in the fulfillment of the prophecy, illustrated by Daniel's Statue, I would say that they are almost certainly around somewhere right now, although they themselves may not yet be aware of their eventual calling, and may not yet even know each other. They could even still be children, or young adults, living a normal life (the kid who delivered your newspaper this morning could just as likely be one of the Two Witnesses some day as anyone else) - although I do expect that they will be, or will have been, very interested in Bible study.

Not necessarily the knowledge they will have comes from above , example ; Moses obviously new little about God before he was called and logically he was probably either an atheist or he worshiped Egyptian gods.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by asmeone2 and/or Defcon5

Then how will they die and rise in 3-1/2 days for all the world to see?

Maybe their servers crash and are restored afer 3 1-2 days of fervant IT work?

I;m not saying that's it just a thought that I had.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well the vision does not have to point literally towards humans. The towers themselves could be a metaphore in the vision as the two witnesses of the world on the sea for instance.

THe dead bodies in the towers were not given graves because they were unable to be recovered. Could it be that this "prophecy is actually a well crafted mind control expirement by time travelers? The bible makes me think that alot.

Line 8 could be washington dc or new york, since the masonic order has egyptian arcetechture everywhere. visions are extrapolated images and events, and the bible is obvious that it tries to put them into an understandable form, but still must be broken down into that.

3.5 days could be 32-33 years? Or thousands, what if sirians do exist and they are feeding us events? all these possibilities trouble me, what troubles me more is i sound crazy to most religious people who actually are the crazy ones.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Heliosprime,
You are right the word rapture is not in the bible but the idea is
bibleprophesy.org...
God preserved Lot, Noah from destruction so the precident is there too.
Many believers are pretrib, midtrib, posttrib so there is much disagreement there.

For the sake of argument OK maybe there is no rapture and back to the 2 witnesses. Assume Elijah and Enoch were taken away in a UFO and travelling near the speed of light. They would not have aged like those they left behind on earth. For more info Google the "Twin Paradox". We know both were special to God and had powers similar to those described in Rev. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

No doubt he is NOT one of Two witnesses. False prophet maybe.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Perhaps the 2 witnesses are nations, who are collectively or symbolically defeated in Egypt. A war like that of Iraq/coalition. But the invading countries appear to clearly be beaten after causing much destruction. And with that defeat the world rejoices, until god comes and instills new life/power in them when the world thinks they are done.

Consider this hypothetically......

The US and Britain(the rest of the coalition are to small to mention) went into Iraq caused much death and destruction. The world began to protest and showed signs of hatred to toward them.

What if it turned out differently, and the coalition gave up/were defeated right there in the streets of Baghdad. Maybe at the hands/aid of a third super power... Russia, china etc. (the beast).

The rest of the world would have "rejoiced" and celebrated their "death". Until they are ressurected and the "beast" is then defeated.

I know its a stretch, but as in most things in the bible, one must look at and consider the words from all angles.

just saying......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join