It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My brother was supposed to be on that flight...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My little brother was supposed to be on the flight at the time in the air when it would have killed him; Continental Connection Flight 3407. He went up to the information desk and asked if there was anything earlier, the woman replied "Yes, but it would be an extra 50 dollars." He did not have it so he awaited his unknown demise. A few minutes later the receptionist told him he could have the flight, for free... Odd, he didn't have to pay the extra 50. He unwittingly averted his death.

Thank the good Lord or the Higher Powers or whatever it was, but he is home safe. The only thing that bothers me is, why did she change her mind. Did she have prior knowledge ? Also some very strange things have been happening to us as of late. Refer to my other threads. I hope nobody on this site lost a loved one on that flight.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by robotically]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Talk about dodging a bullet.
Lucky him.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
wow thats pretty insane, but thank god u didnt lose a loved one. I agree that is strange she changed her mind. Flagged for future debate over what people think about this.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Very crazy, S&F!!!! This reminds me of a great deal of info floating around the web about how people seemingly subconciously avert disaster in similar scenarios....something about how the flights that go down tend to have more cancellations etc. Very interesting stuff, and thank jeebus that your sibling did NOT get on the plane!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He's pretty lucky I gotta say.

I'm curious as to why you posted this in the 9/11 board?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Reply to Chad,
Well I guess quite a few people are giving it that 9/11 overtone what with the widow being on board. I think its garbage but I don't really know why I put it here.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by robotically

Ah fair enough mate, no worries.

How does your brother feel about it all?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by robotically
My little brother was supposed to be on the flight at the time in the air when it would have killed him; Continental Connection Flight 3407. He went up to the information desk and asked if there was anything earlier, the woman replied "Yes, but it would be an extra 50 dollars." He did not have it so he awaited his unknown demise. A few minutes later the receptionist told him he could have the flight, for free... Odd, he didn't have to pay the extra 50. He unwittingly averted his death.

Thank the good Lord or the Higher Powers or whatever it was, but he is home safe. The only thing that bothers me is, why did she change her mind. Did she have prior knowledge ? Also some very strange things have been happening to us as of late. Refer to my other threads. I hope nobody on this site lost a loved one on that flight.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by robotically]

I can tell you why he got it for free.

Chances are his flight turned out to be overbooked, when that happens if you skip the flight standard procedure is you get a free ticket in the continental US to use any time in the next year.

If it was overbooked and everyone was checked in then they would let him take the earlier flight if there was a seat open so they lose less money not having to deal with overbooking.

In October I was flying around and in 2 weeks had 7 flights. Every single one was overbooked and every single one I was offered a free ticket good for a year if I took a later flight problem was I couldn't because I was on a strict time line.

Not to mention he did get lucky that the flight before him wasn't overbooked.

top topics

join