It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Beauty (ice storm image)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I hated for this image to get lost in the other thread as I thought that it deserved its own. This should give you some idea of just how thick the ice was on everything. This is the limbs on a tree in my front yard. I am over two weeks now without power (we weakend and bought a generator lol). and am probably looking at another week at least. Its seems like a trivial thing to complain about when you see the destruction caused all over the area. I wanted to share this photo with all of you. Its beautiful really, but tragic at the same time.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nice image. I wish I had taken some pictures. It was horrible but still so beautiful.

The night it was coming through was almost (for lack of a better word) profound, too. It had settled down for a little bit and the 6 o'clock church bells by my house started ringing (they sound really pretty!) I went outside to listen since I didn't have power or anything else to do just listened. The cracking tree limbs and screaming emergency vehicle sirens were nearly drowned out by the pretty little church bells ringing, and at one point the multicolor flashes of transformers blowing were in sync with the bells. The chruch bells seemed to be a little peace in what was soon to be hell for a lot of the area.

I'm glad it's warmed up a bit here in KY though, so it's not so terrible being in the cold and dark as it was the first few days after the storm.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We had a really bad ice storm in Atlanta in the early 70's and it was surreal. It is "hauntingly" beautiful. We were only without power for 2 days so I really feel for ya'll.
Peace Pinky

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just an amazing pic, Really stunning to see.

I have never seen an ice storm but i seen pictures and they are all wonderful,

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

I have to tell you, the night we got that second round of ice was the scariest night of my life. We live in the sticks and to have to lay there in the thick of night and listen helplessly as every tree in the yard and the woods that surround us came crashing down...I have never experienced anything like that in my life and hope that I never have to again! And I am sure many people feel the same way!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yes I have also said the same thing, the dead silence of no power and then the frightening sound of limbs cracking popping and crashing to the ground. It really gives you the sense of what the coming ice age is going to be like.

I cannot help but think that it is a test for what is to come.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Photo I took during our ice storm, Lexington KY- all the trees were falling over, limbs breaking- thank god this past weekend we had 70 degree weather and everything melted!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by Heatburger

I have to tell you, the night we got that second round of ice was the scariest night of my life. We live in the sticks and to have to lay there in the thick of night and listen helplessly as every tree in the yard and the woods that surround us came crashing down...I have never experienced anything like that in my life and hope that I never have to again! And I am sure many people feel the same way!

glad to hear that you made it ok!
that's really terrible to have to go through.
i've never been through an ice storm.
but i did have a hell of a battle with hurricane andrew in Mia!
so i get where you're coming from.
again, glad to hear you're doing good.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yah!!! After nearly 3 weeks, my power came back on tonight about 5:30 pm!! I laughed, I danced, I cried! LOL I was singing...I GOT THE POWER....lol

top topics

join