It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 dolphins flounder in mystery beaching

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here's a news story from Reuters on the stranded dolphins:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"JAKARTA - An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.5 struck off the northeast tip of Indonesia's Sulawesi island early Thursday, US geologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. The quake struck at 1:34 am (1734 GMT), with the epicentre located 327 kilometres (203 miles) from the town of Manado, the US Geological Survey said. The quake struck at a depth of 33 kilometres."

That just came out the news... i wonder if this has any connection with the 300+ dolphins getting disoriented and stranded off the coast of Bataan, Philippines....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smirnoffsky

Bet it does, plus there was just now another one - exact spot, 5.9
the dolphins knew it was coming!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are always earthquakes in that Jakarta area - and big ones. I remember checking on Yellowstone and Jakarta was always going off.

This has got to be related to sonar. The people of Hawaii have been complaining about the US Navy's use of sonar for years. Now that they have the official 'all clear' I'd bet they are using it wherever they want to. This isn't good for anything in the water.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There has to be a correlation - here's an image mapping the events and dates.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Now there have been a total of 44 quakes in the area above 2.5 in magnitude (just below the area where the dolphins were disturbed):

That's the big 7.2 and then 5 following quakes of above 6.0.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Plenty of aftershocks huh.. it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye for any further developments. Stuff like that happens for a good reason and I wouldn't overlook such a rare occurrence just yet. But frankly I really do hope it's nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join