It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the heck is this thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I think it was a chimpanzee because when I looked it up they had the size figured out. It is the perfect size for a chimpanzee. Then again there was no chimpanzees found when they searched so maybe it was something else. Or just maybe this whole Sasquatch thing is real. Wouldn't that be awesome if Bigfoot really did exist hiding our whole human existence without ever coming in contact with us?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's a bear. It had some kind of disease that made it shed lots of its fur coating. The image of the bear was discussed heavily on here in a thread made last year.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That was then this is now, with all the evidence showing how some were tricked into believing it was a bear I don't believe that it was. The photo of the chimps are a much better match than the bear. Then there was an engineer and a scientist that worked on the size determination at the location. It wasn't the right proportions for a bear.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Too bad that the only source provided to prove the validity of the picture is a youtube video.

Clearly, whatever it says must be true.

Give me an article from the PhD talking about it. Give me an article in general. Give me a text commentary and not some slideshow made in MS Paint.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One article was from a science magazine the name and date are listed at the BFRO. I looked at the originals they weren't MS paint and it wasn't a bear. I did see that some of the photo work on the internet from some big name groups was faked to make it look like a bear. That is what caught my attention I love this conspiracy stuff. I'm not saying it was a Sasquatch but from what I read it's one of those above top secret government cover ups. It seems the Pennsylvania Game Commission is notoriously famous for covering up different species new to that State. Who knows maybe they have a new mountain ape that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i posted on a previous thread aboutthis. i live in the poconos(eastern pa) we have the largest bear population density in the world and being a huge outdoorsman have seen a few bears. that photo is to vague for me to say if it is or not a bear. do i believe in bigfoot? yep!!! had some strange things happen to me in the woods a few times. as for the pa game commission covering up animals theythink(i prefer to say they know) exist- oh yes they do!!! they have evidence of large cat tracks and numerous reports of sightings. remember pa is a huge destination for people who want to hunt from other eastern states because we have lax laws. so of course they want to keep things hush hush because of the revenue. but back on topic when i first saw those photos i didn't believe it was a bear and after seing the video(not sure about a you tube thing tho) i believe it wasn't- altho it possibly could have been

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When I seen how they pounded stakes into the ground where its hands and feet were to measure the thing I knew the length of the body and the height of the limbs should be accurate. Those measurements don't match the proportions of a bear although they were a dead ringer for a chimpanzee.

Since they never found a chimpanzee I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they get more evidence on what a young Sasquatch looks like before we could be certain. Until then it's just another unsolved mystery.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jollyroger

personally i would assume a young sasquatch would act like a chimp. after all it takes awhile for human babies to walk upright right? even after 3 years they still crawl on all 4's sometimes. the only problem i see with that is it has no knees it is crawling on so maybe it just bent over to sniff something or eat? the video did do a good job of trying to figure it out tho. i want to see this on monsterquest- even if they never do come to any definite conclusions but it is still fun to watch

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's a bear with the mange.

If you've seen a few bears in the wild, it's pretty easy to identify.

Mystery solved-bear.

top topics

join