It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess MAC is no longer untouchable to viruses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Looks like there is a brand new virus for MACs that the only way to fix it is to wipe and reload.
See the article below.

www.boygeniusreport.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gonzo610

From your source:

Mac users who think they’ve stumbled upon greatness in the form of an alleged copy of iLife 09 on torrent sites take note - it contains a nasty trojan known as OSX.Trojan.iServices.A.

Well, anyone using torrents should not be surprised.

Macs have been known to get viruses before. The fact that this is news tells you how rarely that happens.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Mac was never untouchable, people create viruses for Windows because Windows holds over 80% of the market.

Macs are just as susceptible, perhaps a little less so because it seems as though Microsoft often cares so little. But never was an Apple product virus proof.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree with you that it was never truly 'untouchable' to viruses. But, most people, think that if they buy a MAC they don't have to worry about getting viruses. Hence the reason I wrote that.
Since they are now a Linux platform they only had 1 virus to worry about. But they were always susceptible to root kits.
Now that they have a true MAC virus maybe people will start thinking twice before they think that nothing can harm their MACs.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have a mac and not once used bit torrent to download any of my software. I've always downloaded it at the source and then used iserial reader or kcnscrew programs to use them. I think a lot of mac users would do it this way.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Ah, Serial Box and Little Snitch, the cornerstone apps for any dodgy mac user.

new topics

top topics

join