It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Biography of George W. Bush" on Whitehouse.gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Found this little tid bit on the Whitehouse.gov website, I just couldn't believe some of the things they had written in the "Biography of George W. Bush"!

43. GEORGE W. BUSH 2001-2009

President Bush worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans.

He helped Americans PROSPER, are they kidding?

And what OPPORTUNITIES did he give most Americans?

The opportunity to have your home foreclosed on, to lose your job, to lose your business, to go on unemployment, to lose your retirement money, to lose everything you worked your whole life for?

This legislation ushered in a new era of accountability, flexibility,

Ushered in a new era of accountability and flexibility?

Are they kidding?

Accountable for what? His administration wouldn't even show up when they were summoned to testify!

Flexible? Bush and his administration were as flexible as a telephone pole.

President Bush also worked to improve healthcare and modernize Medicare, providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors; increase homeownership,

I think they meant "increase home foreclosures" there!

Surely these people must have been drunk and laughing their asses off while they were writing this!

I just can't believe they have this written in his biography on Whitehouse.gov!

Maybe some foreigner from a third world country who has just walked out of the jungle for the first time in his whole life might believe this, BUT, 90% of the US population won't believe this rubbish!

I guess he/they believe that as long as his biography says he did these things, that 20 or 30 years from now, people MIGHT start believing it!

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I wish I had the money that Bill Gates has. I would buy every copy and burn the whole lot on the steps of Independance Hall.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They're right, unfortunately.

He did help Americans prosper, and succeed.

At least the only Americans they care about anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, it's hardly surprising they would write something positive.

Incidentally, the 'flexibility' and 'accountability' comment attaches to his No Child Left Behind legislation in the quote.

I wonder if this narrative will change over time? I think it might be interesting to save a copy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oooops! Took those words out of context there I guess!

They just kind of jumped out at me and I the first thing I associated with those words, I wrote in my opening post.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

No worries.

But I do think you should save a copy and check back in a few months.

I think that would be a hoot to see if it changes and how.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is this how he intends to re-write history? Heh, it ain’t gonna happen. Not in the increasing digital age. No matter what a history class book says fifty years from now people will tune into the past instead and instantly learn about what a f&$k up Bush Jr. was.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Now hold on, Keyhole.

The bit about Bush promoting an "ownership society" is a laugher, but not in the way you think.

The problem is that Bush supported the idea of an ownership society to the point that he was just as blind as all the other politicians who couldn't recognize the disasterous nature of the policy for what it was.

Falling in love with the idea of home ownership, to the point of giving mortgages to people who couldn't afford them, is what got the banks into the mess they're in.

top topics

join