It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama says "my muslim faith"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

obama says "my muslim faith"

www.youtube.com

"my muslim faith" "my christian faith"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i mean this is a little wild...

ive been trying to stumble on something like this for awhile..

obama might as well said the muslim creed (Shahadah)

this is not a thread for bashing obama or muslims just your thoughts on his faith

also if anyone has a link on obama ever visiting mecca plz give me a source

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well he did say Muslim faith very clearly, it could be a slip given the amount of debate there has been over the whole issue. Good find, but I don't think it's much in of it's self... Could well be one of those gaffe sound bites that never go away for people playing at his level.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is old, very old, hardly breaking news

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Honestly I could care less WHAT religion he subscribes to. Every religion has a peaceful side and a 'extremist' side. So what if he's muslim? So what if he's christian? Both have their bad marks in history. Would it be any different if he was Jewish? maybe a Scientologist? Wait... I digress on that one... that WOULD make a difference...

As far as I have seen on these boards, people seem to LOVE using 'muslim' to somehow degrade a person's moral character. It's the same as going around calling every guy with long hair a hippy. I think the country boys and metal gods would have to beg to differ (and probably wrap your lips to your nether regions), just like most muslims have when a person tries to use muslim against someone's character.

Now, if he ever said something to the effect of 'my elitist faith', I would be worried. But he doesn't have to say that, does he? lol... neither did Bush or anyone else... we know. (yeah, I'll admit... I suspect he's one of 'them', just as I do McCain).

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Have seen this many times, i dont trust the guy, i think.....
Its hard not to be lured in by him, he is very charasmatic. BUT more and more things keep coming to the surface, also he gets a thumbs down from me because of his lack of comments and compassion towards the situation in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What if Obama was a LUCIFERIAN buahahahahahaha which he probably is.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Does it matter if the video is old ? No!

Obama was brought up a muslim, though he says he became christian, which i find very very unlikely in the first place, but anyway.

In this vid he says "My muslim faith"

That in itself should make you think twice.

Just my opinion though

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

im not bashing muslims or obama im just wondering what religion he is because in the media it seems that hes christian but then why did he slip up on this? why would he have muslim on his mind if he wasnt? this is a christian nation "majority are christians and majority rules"

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What do you expect when we live in a country where freedom of religion is within the constitution?

Did you expect this president elect to be a Christian or something?

So there is a new incomming president that believes in the Muslim faith and Christian faith too. Big deal. Doesnt mean anything.

Its time that people need to get off of this religious prospective in politicians because it has no relevance to what an elected official does once in office.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

he talks about the gov't being more transparent but hes being elusive on this subject

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Why don't we just wait and see about that...

I state in this post today for future reference that barack obama is going to be 10 times worse than george bush ever was, i have a gut feeling about this and i think i'm right.

Theres just waaay to much "hubub" about this guy and i dont trust him one bit, but once again, thats my opinion.

but i think time will prove me right.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's old but...

I think it's a slip of the tongue in context. The subject they were conversing about was whether McCain was using the Muslim angle to politically attack Obama, which he wasn't. Obama had been over this before and conceded to the fact that McCain himself was not using it, just the supporters.

When he said "my Muslim faith" I think he meant to speak in terms of the attack. He probably meant to preface the quote with something like 'saying I had Muslim faith'. When you're processing, listening, and preparing to speak at the same time you can switch which angle of discussion you approach and I think he got mixed up. Even when he switched to 'Christian faith' he had the "well yeah, you know what I meant, I am Christian but I was referring to the attack".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dont take my post incorrectly. It might sound like Im a Obama supporter..I didnt vote for the guy if that means anything.

I was just pointing out that in a country where the freedom of religion is part of everyone's rights, that at some point in time, a president elect will come along that has a faith that is not the mainstream Christian faith. And here we are, one that has Muslim and Christian faiths.

I dont doubt that the guy is "shady"...a nobody gets thrusted up onto a pillar for all to see lit up like a subject by spotlights and suddenly becomes so popular that the name Obama is a household name.

That in itself is "shady". Doesnt surprise me that it all turned out the way it did. I expect that all the "O-BAHH-MA" sheeple supporters who think the guy is a God are going to be very very dissapointed within the first 6 months after taking office.

Just my opinion.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I could be mistaken but, didn't he want to be sworn in on the Koran when he ran for Senator?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We live in a nation that is run by a secular government. It makes no difference if he is Christian, Muslim, or an atheist. None of that is relevant.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So there is a new incomming president that believes in the Muslim faith and Christian faith too. Big deal. Doesnt mean anything.

With all due respect, it's part of the muslim faith to literally take over the world, so I reckon it kind of does matter.

Some food for thought about that:

plancksconstant.org...

I'd say sexuality doesn't matter a bit, but religious persuasion is a pretty important deciding factor for most people. People aren't just concerned about what's going to happen to their money when they're voting a president, if they were they'd probably elect accountants.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
What do you expect when we live in a country where freedom of religion is within the constitution?

Did you expect this president elect to be a Christian or something?

Its time that people need to get off of this religious prospective in politicians because it has no relevance to what an elected official does once in office.

Cheers!!!!

I doubt anyone cares rather hes a a Muslim or not but everyone should care if he is and has been lying about it and covering it up this whole time.

1.His birth place bis up in the air and under a lot of scrutiny
2.He turned his back on his pastor of many years
3.And hes potentially lying about his faith
4.Hes went back on many of the things that got him elected and hes not even in office yet..

So yeah the guys at the very least a liar, a blatant one at that.

A liar of 8 years is being shown the door and now we got a new one to fill the void, but that's ok right? after all hes Jesus so we can't question the holy one.

Faith is a very personal thing, as is honor and for a person to DENY their faith tell a lot about who that person is.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree, I still don't understand why it matters what faith he is.
We've had Catholics and Protestants and Lutherans or whatever different Christian groups there are and nobody said "boo."
Just replace Allah with God and Muhammad with Jesus and you'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

That's part of the Christian faith too.

Ever heard of missionaries? How do you think so many people in all of these different countries began believing in Christianity?

No, God didn't come speak to them and have them convert, Christians did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join