It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W's Greatest Hits: Top 25 Bushisms of All Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

W's Greatest Hits: Top 25 Bushisms of All Time

www.slate.com

I started gathering Bush's verbal slip-ups while covering his first presidential campaign. From the first one we published in SLATE in October, 1999--"The important question is, how many hands have I shaked?"--adding to the collection has been my main pleasure, perhaps my only pleasure, in watching the man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This collection of Bushisms is from "Slate." I'll just give you #1 as an example:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and neither do we."

With less than a week to go before the inauguration, I guess it's now safe to remember some things about the man with a certain amount of fondness, if not nostalgia.

www.slate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

6. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

www.slate.com...

Possibly my favorite. I do also enjoy the one about midwives, as my mom is a midwife, but that one wasn't listed.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Could you give us the one about midwives?

I think we'd appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's at about :38. He says "OB/GYN" in his speech but same deal.
I love the one about the fish, too. This always cracks me up.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
says in a childish, negative tone

'' ohhhh, why did the economic collapse have to happen on my watch ''

I felt disgusted he said this.

He's the president for christ sakes!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I wonder if the reason former presidents are taken care of financially for the rest of their life is because they would not be able to get a job working at MC D's with the level of edubacation they speak wit.

Does this count as a one liner?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Left wingers are breathlessly trying to get every last ounce of Bush hatred that they can before the enthronement of their God. I think its hilarious. After all these years of people flailing about with rage and hysterics blaming Bush for everything, regardless of whose fault it is, they are finally realizing their time is short.

Of course, the Slate, Huffington Post & Co. will continue to blame Bush for absolutely everything for the next 50 years or so, but the American public will see through the propaganda

I'm not one to quote the bible, but the left's hysterics remind me of the verse in revelations which says something like (paraphrasing): And then the beast moved quickly, knowing that his time was short.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Remember Republicans, "You can't get fooled again,".....lolllllll!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I do like the one where he says, "it's going to take time to restore chaos".

But there was one a little while ago on BBC news that just left me slack-jawed with wonderment. I've been trying to find the video, but can't. If anyone's seen it or can post the video, please do so... it went something like:

"I know Americans are worried about rising gas prices... it's cause for real concern. I know I don't want my fellow citizens being... uhh... gassed."

What was even better was that the BBC actually held on for the inevitable "crickets chirp" moment as the press struggled to come to terms with yet another demonstration of how Americans elected The Least Articulate Politician In The World.

Let's face it. Language is not his first language.

top topics

join