It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childs room haunted...some advice please...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Looking for a bit of advice here please....
My daughter has one of those bunk bed type beds with the sofa underneath..for the past few weeks she has said that she has felt as if through the night at various stages as if her bed is being shaken...anyway I have recently changed her room & she now sleeps on the sofa (also pulls out as a double bed) but for the past week she has been woken through the night by "something" poking her in the back! I told her to just tell "it" to leave as was not welcome,but she said that it then progressed to put pressure on her legs!! (I am quite open regards ghost,spirits etc... with my daughter as encountered "strange" goings on all through my life) obviously this has been very distressing for her,and I just didn't know what to do,so decided last night to make up a sort of spell,(was into a bit of white witchcraft in my teens...) I lite a white candle & purified her room with salt and recited the spell and asked the "something" to leave and then left the blown out candle in her room..the amazing thing is it does seem to have worked! her room became warmer (was deffinatly a cold chill in there) and last night nothing happened! The other strange thing is I went into the bathroom a little after I had done the "spell" which for some reason totally whacked me out & gave me headache....and I had this vision in my mind of an old man with a walking stick and I felt he had been poking my daughter in her back with the walking stick!!
I am not sure how long the "spell" will last etc...etc... but just wondered if anyone can enlighten me as to what has occurred,& why this happened in the first place.... why the hauntings started when we have lived here for 5 years with nothing...Is it possible "they" follow me around,as had same sort of experiances when I were a child.....although my daughter doesn't know of these.....I work in a haunted premises could I have brought "them" home with me

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It can be difficult to determine the reason for this type of activity. I think you did a good job so far and if it is working you are good to go. I would suggest getting some white sage and smudging the room as well. Have you talked to your daughter about how to protect herself? She needs to use white light and to pray and ask the angels to be with her as well. If there is anything else I can help you with send me a u2u.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You and your daughter should preform a simple cleansing ritual. In my experience most energies are attracted to a place because it is feeding off of the energy there. In this case it is feeding off of the fear. Long story short this is very easy to get rid of. You can buy some sage, although I prefer sweetgrass, and burn that around the room while stating your intent for it to be free of all unwanted energy. Its important that your daughter participate in this as she is really the one who's fear may be drawing this energy close. You can also try other things like sealing the entrances this can be done with holy water or even sprinkiling salt around the perimeter (which it sounds like you did). The materials in and of themselves do not matter only your intent while doing the operation. I had a similar experience when I was a kid that went on for years so I defintiely understand the situation.

You can also try other things to make the room more comfortable for her by installing a nightlight, or even a white noise machine to aid in keeping the conditions in the room more constant to keep her imagingation from wandering and inviting fear back.

Since it also seems that you attuned yourself to the actual vibration of the energy at hand, you may have been able to draw it away from the room. Use that imagery in your mind when you clean the room and tell it directly that it does not belong here.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by atzmaz]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by special
....I work in a haunted premises could I have brought "them" home with me

Very possibly. If this continues, you might want to suggest to your workplace to have it cleansed. And for extra measure, have your home cleansed too. Just because one or two days nothing has happend, that doesnt mean that entity didnt take up residence in the attic or basement or closet for awhile to trick you. That has been known to happen.

I wouldnt let the white candle go out either. Keep it burning, keep replacing it. A continuous lit white candle provides a continuous shield of white light.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Since you asked for advice ....

Quit playing with witchcraft spells .. especially if you are only dabbling and don't know what you are doing with them. Use sage and cleanse the house. Get the house blessed by someone who knows what they are doing. But the big thing - BELIEVE your child when she tells you things are going on. My parents never took me seriously when I told them about the spooks in our house. To this very day I resent that because they damn sure were real and I was brushed aside for being a kid.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by special

First off stop being over reactive. Ghost, entities, angels, spirit guides are around us all the time, most people choose not to see them or sense them.
The first thing people do is freak out, run around cleansing the room or house because they don't understand what is going on. Unless this is a malicious entity they are trying to tell your daughter something important, so instead of scaring the hell out of her because of your own ignorance, calm down.

Example: If someone came to give you an important message would you run around cleansing the room or doing rituals to get rid of them? No, of course not you would hear them out and most likely thank them. The spirit realm is not any different, in fact it takes them a lot of energy to connect with us, so we should listen.

Most entities contacting children are not negative, children have a protective aura around them for many years, well at least until about 14 years of age then the corruption of life drains this field unless replenished by meditation and visualization.

I too was scared by noise, shakes, pokes for many years until I started to asked what or who they were, once the message has been received the spirit has done its job, unless they are lifetime guides.

Many times when something like this happens a message is being sent or an entity is doing it's best to get someone attention for a reason. Listen, ask, and stay calm. Lucid dreams are a good mutual meeting area. Nothing to fear everything is ok and I'll bet when you or your daughter hear the message you will be very surprised and thankful.

Goodluck to you both everything will be fine.

If you need to get rid of a malicious entity U2U me and I will help you.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
at the OP and
at the replies

hun whats so funny

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by free2bme

Thanks

funnily enough I have a painting of an angel directly above my daughters bed,has always been there from the day she were born...I am not religious but I foud it in my dads house when he died,and was sort of drawn to it,and just felt it belonged above her bed...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

Thanks,will try the sage etc....,and am sure that "it" has not totally gone,I feel still here..
yes I too had these sort of experiances through my childhood,I had hoped that my daughter would not be affected....but seems not the case..

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In reply to everyone else..
Thanks for your replies and support those that have given it

my daughter is nearly 15yrs so past the baby stage....but maybe not your typical teenager probably quite young in her ways to some....she has been quite "aware" through her childhood but only recently have we had physical contact,to be honest I have played it down,as not wanted to frighten her,but I have felt very uneasy in her room hence the reason I did the "ritual" ok,I admit I didn't really have a clue,but wanted to do something,if not to just maybe put my daughters mind at rest...I am a little uneasy about leaving a candle alight,in case of fires,but a night light is a deffinate good idea...My daughter came to work with me over the Christmas period,so I guess a possibility it could have attached itself to her

I think the factor of fear is very high in her mind,which as some of you have said would create energy for it to feed off....
I am very supportive of how my daughter feels and of anyone else in the same situation as I too had the same experiances through childhood,even to the extent I was dragged from my bed! I would never ridicule anyone who is going through this as to the person at the time it is very "real"
I guess the main thing is to remain calm I don't feel it is a spirit with a message for us however, (maybe wrong) and feel strongly that it is this elderly man with a walking stick I don't know of anyone who has passed on who had a walking stick...so will have to see how it goes..thanks again...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by special

Children are so sensitive to the parents and adults in their life. The subtle undercurrents of body language, mood, temperament and the relationship in general affects them. I think there's a good chance you've passed on your beliefs about the paranormal. If my mum had told me that ghosts, energies and spirits were all around me, I'd have similar experiences. If I thought about some old spirit guy with a walking stick, I'm sure I would imagine his presence too.

I'm sure this isn't the advice you'd prefer to hear...but...Talk to her and explain that you could be wrong about the paranormal. Tell her that you're wrong. You've got a 15 year old impressionable girl losing sleep and scared that she's being haunted. It's not fair on her. You might lose a little of her respect but it's worth it. Show her information on night terrors (I get them sometimes since being a kid) and offer her a different explanation than spirit haunting. Are your beliefs strong enough to let this continue? You can keep your beliefs but she doesn't have to know about them does she?

I'm sure you're a great Mum and you obviously care enough to ask for help. Ease her fears by pulling away from the paranormal explanations. If you need to do some 'cleansing' thing with candles, do it when she's at school or with friends. If my tone sounds anything less than caring, I apologize. The paranormal solutions haven't worked.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes, I have had similar experiences when I was a young boy around 7-8 years. The only thing that caused it to stop was invoking the "Heavenly Father" to send his Angels to chase away the evil spirits that were oppressing me. This happened during a direct out loud prayer by my Mother, who was a very strong Christian (born again-no affiliation.)

The Angels were sent and arrived on horseback...(I know it sounds strange.) You could hear them actually fighting against the evil spirits. It was an amazing thing to witness, and be a part of. Not everyone who asks gets this kind of intervention though, and just commanding the evil spirits to leave in the name of Jesus is enough. But you must believe He can do this. It is very important to release the power! Trust me...He Can!

I have never been bothered by such ever again. I'm now 41. I think also, you can say out loud ' In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave my daughter alone" and leave my house and family alone. Say the name of Jesus every time. You have to use that name specifically!

This can be scary, as I lived through some really bad physical oppression myself. I don't know why this allowed to happen, but my best guess is somehow they (the evil spirits) which are actually fallen angels, know when someone is going to become a strong Christian, and they try to destroy them from a very young age. Invoking the name of Jesus, releases a powerful answer that exists in check until you believe that HE can make it stop.

Let us all know what happened. If you need support, go to a strong Christian minister in your area, non denominational is best and tell him you would like him to come cast out/pray away the evil spirits. Your daughter should also be present during this period. It is sometimes best to do this immediately after they have been bothering your daughter.

Here is a short movie that is all you need to know about how to ensure you and your loved ones can know who God/Jesus really are, and how he protects those of us who are Born-Again Christians from these evil fallen angels...Steps To Peace With God

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We are all entitled to our opinons and I do not take your response to heart...
I have always kept my feelings about the paranormal from my daughter,I do not share what I have seen or feel with her as I have not wanted to create an impression in an young impressionable mind...what she has told me I have tried to keep a reasonable explaination to,that she's dreaming etc...etc... and what I did regards her room and cleansing etc... was when she were not present...she has chose to follow her beliefs in the unexplained completly herself as she has got older her interest has developed more and more,from a young age she has had night terrors and said people have been in her room,that she has heard noises and seen things moving....I have always given a radical explaination but of course,as I too have experianced much the same through my child hood I am in theory telling her a lie in respect of a radical explaination,but I as a parent just want to protect her for as long as I can,obviously as she gets older and makes up her own mind,this proves more and more difficult especially when she says you don't understand when she says her bed has been shaken and she gets poked in her back! but all I can do is keep it all as calm and radical as possible....

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by special
We are all entitled to our opinions and I do not take your response to heart...

That is the problem. It is nothing you yourself want to believe, therefore you keep it from her. I feel very sorry for you, but more so for your little daughter who is being oppressed and then the spirits are encouraged by your white witch practices. You really are a witch.

If you really knew what to do as you say, then why ask?

Practicing even white witchcraft is the same as practicing black. They are both based on beliefs that God is not in total control, and that you can do something yourself.

Again, when it gets very bad, you may want to take my advice.

Your post may have been nothing more than a finding mission to bring to light those that you are against.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am now actually starting to find your responses rather annoying (TH3ON3) ...NO am not a witch well some may think so in a different sense
I do not follow any religion either,not anymore as had a catholic father and was pushed down my throat as a child.....I understand that you have your religion,that is your personal choice...but for me it is not something I wish to get into a debated discussion about..
My little girl is not such a little girl,and I have not said I do not believe,read my posts,read my profile....I actually feel you are being over sensitive regards what my beliefs may or may not be.... (maybe me being over sensitive-who knows)
I do not encourage any spirits,in actual fact if anyone encourages them it is my daughter herself,in a hyperthetical way......she's the one who likes watching the most haunted programs on the television (that I personally think is a load of toot-but my opinion-and we are entitled to opinions - right) it is a delicate situation as it could be a case of a teens over active imagination & what I did as stated was what I thought was the best and it has seemed to work......time will tell I guess..
I thank all again for your responses especially those that have been helpful...and if I have anymore problems I will contact by u2u the ones I feel could be of help...

[edit on 11-1-2009 by special]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Do you know any Wiccans in your area? I would say if you do, get one to do a cleansing for you. Sounds like you have a spirit in there, and he or she needs to go into the Light, and go home. Christians will label this demonology, but it's not that. We have the spirit of a very young girl living in our house. she walks about at night, we can clearly hear her footsteps on the wood floor. I have tried talking to her, but to no avail. I am loathe to kick her out of her place.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The absolute best way (in my OPINION ONLY) to rid yourself of a pesky ghost is to "summon" it but not in physical form. Just as a spiritual entity. Then present it with the First Pentacle of Saturn from The Key of Solomon. The pentacle should be written in your own hand or that of the child on a sheet of pure white paper without fold or tear. (I know I sound like an ancient magus while writting this but trust me it works.) Present the pentacle to the spirit and order it away. Be sure to tell it never to return or it will come back even more agitating than before. Make it swear an oath to leave you and your family be under pain of exorcism. It should go away immediatley but if not present it with the pentacle again.

Good Luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't mess with witch craft thats why she has demons in her room. They are real my mom messed with witch craft she has seen them don't open that door she was a teenager
that woke her up thats why she is a christian she realized satan is real wake up I will pray for your family. I don't care what people think of me Im not here to judge you thats between you and God But I'm worried about your girl being bothered by demons. I do care. Ask God to forgive you and drive the demons away Even if your not a christian he can still here you talk to him like you talk to any one.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Practicing even white witchcraft is the same as practicing black. They are both based on beliefs that God is not in total control, and that you can do something yourself.

Oh poo...spoken like a true religious intolerant. Let's go old school and burn a couple of witches...see what shakes out.

Couple of thoughts...
First, your daughter's age. Anecdotal evidence speaks to increased 'paranormal' activity as a child goes through puberty. For whatever that's worth, it may account for the onset of weird stuff.

I had a pal who was a hereditary witch. She said there were no black witches or white witches..just witches doing either good or bad things. If you can connect with a real witch and not a poser, ask him/her to do a cleansing or invoke the spirit and dispatch it.

Is this a North American context? If there is a possible Indian connection, see if you can have a Shamen do the job.

Sounds wonky, but this stuff does work. Best set of ghost stories I ever heard came out of a lunch with two professional archaeologists...scientists. Good luck, and keep us posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join