It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS honeypot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
who has access to the ATS user files and thread directories on the ATS.com server? are these files shared with any government agencies? who are the owner's of this domain?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileInRays

Taken from the bottom left of the board page.

I'd suggest sending them a U2U with your question.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Um, if there was a general conspiracy involved with ATS do you honestly think the members would be hip to it or that the staff or creators would let you in on it?

This is a second line.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Welcome to the RED LIST.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If I can view the dir with my linux browser then I'm pretty sure Mr. SuperSecretFabulous Agent with far more knowledge then me can too.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I must confess that I am hip to this devious conspiracy here at ATS. However, due to a grave concern for my well-being, I cannot disclose any information to you at this time for I have been threatened that if I were to disclose any information, I would be promptly terminated...from my ATS account!!!!!!!!!11

We get a lot of your kind 'round these parts. We developed a motto for questions like yours: "No".

You are venturing in to dangerous territory; snooping in that which you need not know. You mustn't press forward. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and you log on to an ATS where you can believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - your thread is sent to a hellish place where threads go to suffer forever and your inquiry to the truth is covered up.

Which will you choose?

You cannot touch they that pull the strings of the ATS server. This pyramid goes far higher than the public ATS rulers. They are merely figureheads in this great scheme.

In fact, your inquiries to the truth have inspired me to name names, for you are one brave individual. Here, my friend, is who REALLY runs ATS...

*SNIP*

[edit on 1/9/09 by ATS Ministry of Truth]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

In fact, your inquiries to the truth have inspired me to name names, for you are one brave individual. Here, my friend, is who REALLY runs ATS...

*SNIP*

[edit on 1/9/09 by ATS Ministry of Truth]

Now that one really made me laugh! Take the red pill ReptileInRays the red one! The truth is far too sinister for a mere mortal to handle.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
what happens if i take the blue pill and the red pill at the same time??

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptileInRays
are these files shared with any government agencies?

Please review the certified privacy policy linked at the bottom of every page on this site.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

what happens if i take the blue pill and the red pill at the same time??

You turn purple and start involuntarily singing Prince songs. In Klingon.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was abducted a few weeks ago by a large bald man wearing a skin tight red jumpsuit.

I was beaten into submission and grilled for several hours about the things I know. The only thing I can clearly remember is the man constantly repeating....

"who's your skeptic".

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

who has access to the ATS user files and thread directories on the ATS.com server? are these files shared with any government agencies? who are the owner's of this domain?

Honeypot:

Honeypot or honeytrap may refer to:

1: Espionage recruitment involving sexual seduction in reality or fiction.

This would be when a super-hot Mod tries to recruit you into being an ATS moderator. Plausible, but unlikely. Email mods if you want to help keep this place in line, and if they don' let you leave the service, you know then it was a Honeypot of this type.

2: A type of sting operation such as a bait car

Well, this ain't happening here. Nobody's being entrapped so far as I can tell. Except maybe in being encouraged to describe their own psychosis and dreams and personal thoughts (guilty!)...

3: honeypot (computing) , a trap to help fight unauthorized computer access.

This is where irresistable data is left sitting out so some hacker will grab it and thereby get caught. Mmmm, nah, not happening here.

4:Honeypot (geography), a particularly popular attraction within a managed tourist area.

Ding-ding-ding... We have a winner. But then, ATS has to be managed. But are there ATS "locals" and ATS "tourists"?

"Managing" is such a loaded term, isn't it? I mean it can mean any of a number of things. For example, if someone was to feel that discussing aliens is more important than discussing financial crisis issues and planning, then the locality or "Honeypot" would reflect that.

ATS has a great managment crew, no doubt, but are they catering to "tourists"? Of course they are because that's where the money is, right?

But there's always TinWiki, and the search toy, if you want to dig a bit deeper into paradise, lol.

Thanks Skeptic, for such a tantalizing destination!

[EDIT: A bit more data...

wiki/Honeypot_(geography)

Honeypot sites are often encouraged because they do not concentrate on the damage caused by tourists on small sites, making conservation easier in other parts of the managed area. Honeypots can suffer from overcrowding problems including litter, strain on facilities and transport networks, crime and erosion, but are often promoted in order to reduce these problems in other areas. The term originates from bees buzzing around a hive.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would think that they may want to isolate the free thinkers but to destroy them would be a mistake. Clones and zombies may be good for slave labor but if the crap hits the fan the free thinkers are going to be the only ones that will be able to pull them out.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If you destroy the free thinkers well then you might as well forget about the economy cause no mass of zombies will be capable of thinking us out of this mess.

new topics

top topics

join