It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow 6... Tactical training for the next generation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I saw a commercial for Rainbow 6 - 3 last night and I wondered if games like this are training kids with tactical manouvers. I have played these games, enjoyed them, although I found Lone Wolf too easy, but in this age of school shootings and such, is this too much information? Choosing the right type of grenade for the right situation, positioning of manpower, etc. Will it get to the point that it takes SWAT teams, or the millitary, to contain these situations?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If these games are for training, I am going to be some killer, when combat time comes.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Games won't teach you jack about anything like that.

That's the sort of stuff you need to go out and do to learn.

Also, there isn't a lot of info in those games. Pieing corners is well known, which is about the only thing as such in the game.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I doubt these games would give a kid any good idea of what military tactics are all about.

Beside that, they don't do anything to instill discipline, integrity, or honor, which are highly valued character traits for elite soldiers. Also, I doubt these kids are getting the physical fitness habits necessary to be the athlete required to be an operator, not to mention the stamina which is most easily developed in childhood.

Americans are a bunch of wannabe war mongers. We like to watch the movies and play the video games, but we really don' t have a stomach left for war. After September 11th, everyone cried for the President to go do something about our little problem, but then when he did, everyone decided it was a bad idea. Who cares if he did it wrong? Is war ever right? Is it ever clean? Are there ever innocent lives spared in war? I don't think so...

Now, everybody wants peace. But only for peace' sake. Nobody realizes what is necessary to secure peace, and if they did, they wouldn't be willing to do it. That includes the left and the right.

I don't know how I went from a video game to that, but oh well. I just think the fact that kids are always playing these games is a testament to the real escapist, unrealistic society we've created for ourselves.

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
If these games are for training, I am going to be some killer, when combat time comes.

I agree there..im gonna be one bad ass mother #er..if the time comes
..which i hope it doesnt!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Rainbow six 3, unlikely training games.

Full spectrum warrior amd Americas Army, both due out on console soon. Now they are training games, designed andbuilt for the US militery.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Rainbow six 3, unlikely training games.

Full spectrum warrior amd Americas Army, both due out on console soon. Now they are training games, designed andbuilt for the US militery.

Put, Free army pc game, in to google. They have one out. Rainbow in much better.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Training kids for what? I beat R6 III about a week ago, good game. I think your giving the makers of the game too much credit. I mean, come on, I think thats a little too far fetched, even for ats.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think the Intrepid's point is valid, except I want to tweak it.

These games are training us (Being vulnerable youth myself) to not just accept a [para] military prescence in our lives, but to appreciate it and even aspire to become a cog in the machine. Think about it- we have a means to reach a wide range of youth and indoctrinate them into a military force. You got 'em young, you got them wanting to become your killing machines and you have them thinking on a tactical level.

Instant NWO. Just add water.

DE

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There are only so many basic tactics that can be used in R6, it wouldnt be worth the time getting the nations youth to understand them.

top topics

join