It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola hits back over Fanta high pesticide level claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Coca Cola hits back over Fanta high pesticide level claims

www.telegraph.co.uk

A spokesman for Coca Cola insisted it was acting within the rules "All of the drinks tested meet the safety regulations relating to food products made from agricultural ingredients, which include drinks with fruit juice as an ingredient," he said.

"The generally minuscule levels that were detected were well within the acceptable daily intake levels and these findings should reassure consumers there is no safety issue here."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So here is how coca-cola responded to this incident. I would like to know the regulations for product testing because it seems as if we have a dispute over the edibility of this product. Perhaps Coca-cola has its own scientists who test their products and so the results can be screwed around with.

Either way im still never going to drink Fanta again.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by adevvv I would like to know the regulations for product testing because it seems as if we have a dispute over the edibility of this product. Either way im still never going to drink Fanta again.

Before you retire your straws, you might want to investigate what the normal pesticide levels are in any non-organic fruit juices. The same would apply to just about anything you eat or drink. I'm not out there making excuses for Coke...merely pointing out that this situation is endemic in modern society. Unless, of course, you take special efforts to consume only organically grown products.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adevvv

"The generally minuscule levels that were detected were well within the acceptable daily intake levels"

Well...CASE CLOSED!

As long as Coca Cola has determined what my acceptable level of pesticide intake is, I guess we are all going to be A-OK!

Ahhh, the cool, refreshing taste of lemony pesticides goes down great on a hot, summer day doesn't it?

Coca Cola wants what is best for me, so I believe them!

Now where's my Kool Aid?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love me some Pink Fanta. But I probably only drink soda maybe once a month so I'm not that worried.

top topics

join