It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 hijackers remains identified, separated from victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

The family's of 911 victims had expressed concern to the medical examiners trying to identifiy the remains of their loved ones that the remains would be intermixed and contaminated by those of the hijackers

"They did not want the terrorists mixed in with their loved ones," says Shaler. The families said, "These people were criminals and did not deserve to be with them." The families asked for the remains of the hijackers to be separated out and kept someplace else.

Using advanced DNA analysis to identify genetic profiles from tiny fragments of tissue or bone recovered and weed out those of the hijackers
from recovered remains.

None of the hijackers family members or home governments has asked
for the return of the recovered remains.....

So far none of the hijackers' families have come forward to request the remains. Khaled Abou El Fadl, a law professor at UCLA and an authority on Islamic law, says he would be surprised if they did: "I've heard many times in the Muslim community that to claim and bury a body of one of the hijackers is to admit or accept that it was indeed those hijackers who committed 9/11."

Reached by NEWSWEEK, one relative of Ziad Jarrah, the hijacker believed to have piloted Flight 93 into a Pennsylvania field, expressed just this kind of ambivalence. "Of course we want to get back his remains, but we are not planning to make any contact before things get clarified," said the relative, who asked not to be named for fear of retaliation. He couldn't bring himself to admit that Jarrah had carried out the atrocities. "Maybe he participated," he says. "Maybe there is something we don't know." But then he paused. Perhaps, he conceded, his relative was indeed involved and he himself was just "engaging in wishful thinking." Admitting it outright, Professor El Fadl says, would run counter to the prevalent belief in countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt that the attacks were actually an anti-Arab conspiracy perpetrated by the Bush administration. If he were related to one of the hijackers, he says, "I'd be scared for the harm that might befall the rest of my family by the Saudi or Egyptian government if I showed an interest," he says. "There is an environment of fear in countries like Saudi Arabia; it's hard to describe. The culture of terror is suffocating."

For those claiming that FLIGHT 93 didn't crash in Shanksville - read the
section on how the local coroner, Wallce Miller, was able to identify the
remains of the victims and separate out those of the hijackers

In the late fall of 2001, as Shaler and his colleagues were engaged in the slow work of conducting DNA tests on the thousands of fragments from Ground Zero, pathologists at the Pennsylvania and Pentagon sites were moving much more quickly. Many of the remains were burned and badly damaged, but identifiable. In Pennsylvania, Somerset County coroner Wallace E. Miller and his team scoured the "halo"—the field and woods surrounding the crater left when United Airlines Flight 93 plunged into the ground. The debris was everywhere. Trees were draped with scraps of luggage, clothing, bits of the fuselage and human remains. Walking through the crash site in the days after the attacks, Miller's eye caught a flash of light 20 feet up in the branches of a hemlock tree. "I only noticed it because the sun happened to hit it at just the right angle," he says. A tree climber brought it down. It was a single tooth with a silver filling. Eventually it was matched to one of the passengers.

In the first two weeks after 9/11, Miller and his team identified 16 of the 44 passengers and crew aboard Flight 93 through fingerprint and dental records. For others, he turned to DNA testing. Hairbrushes and razors collected from the families of the victims provided DNA to match up with human fragments pulled from the wrecked plane.

Like Shaler in New York, Miller met with families of the victims, and they, too, wanted to know if the remains of the hijackers were being sifted out. Miller explained to them that it wasn't as simple as that. There were still some 300 pounds of unidentified remains. Much of it had been damaged beyond recognition by exposure to air and 11,000 gallons of jet fuel. "I told them there would likely be terrorist remains interspersed with them," says Miller. "There were varying degrees of angst and anger about that."

Still, he did what he could to honor the request. Miller and his team sent fragments from the Pennsylvania crash site for testing at the Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory in Rockville, Md. "Our priority was not the hijackers, it was getting the victims back to their families," says Brion Smith, the lab's director. But the remains of the terrorists stood out. Four of the DNA profiles from the Pennsylvania crash site didn't match material provided by the families of passengers and crew. By simple process of elimination, Smith knew these were the hijackers. He sent the samples back to Miller along with the genetic codes.

It was just what Miller was hoping for. With those four profiles in hand, he could weed out the terrorists' remains. He went to the freezers, which were filled with thousands of painstakingly bagged and tagged human fragments retrieved from the crash. Miller scanned the icy plastic bags, looking for genetic profiles that matched Smith's data. He pulled out four bags and laid them on a large table. "All that remained of the four men was less than 10 pounds" of fragments, Miller says. "I had about 48 samples that were associated with the terrorists, mostly bony tissue and I think maybe some scalp with hair on it." He also couldn't tell which set of remains belonged to which terrorist. "Obviously none of the terrorists' families came forward with any information—they were like four John Does," says Miller. "So I just referred to them as Terrorist A, B, C and D."

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Our resident Truthers are going to avoid this news like the plague.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Great find. No doubt the truther will try to stay away from this thread...but they will be here.

Starred and flagged

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have always thought that the hijacker's remains should be separated, identified, and then mixed with the porcellen to make the urinals in the Freedom Tower.

I think that it would become a major tourist attraction to piss on the remains of Mohammed Atta and his buddies. I know that I would stand in line for the honor.

If we ever catch Osama, we could put him there too.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No truthers will not avoid this thread because regardless of the slew of information that comes out years later there are inconsistencies in official reports and obvious BS floating around the mass media.

I don't know what happened and don't pretend that i know. What i do know there are too many things that "Don't Sync up," and that are unexplained. That enough says foul play. The official reports contradict witness testimony, and was released in a rush.

Once again I don't know what happened and don't claim that i have the answers, but if you can't smell something foul in what has been fed to you then that is your own fault. I am fairly confident that it was either planned, or allowed to happen. Either way that is heinous. Whats crazy is the later reports of officials admitting that they knew. This went as high as the executive branch. Does that not infuriate you?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What if the "terrorists" remains didn't match up with their assumed families?
At this point in time, no one knows if the remains belong to who they say they belong to, until a positive match is established. which hasn't happened.
So these remains could belong to anybody.

The fact that they don't want these families to claim these remains sounds sus to me. ( One said himself, that they are too scared to persue it)

It would seem logical for the these remains to be matched to family members to prove that these terrorists were in fact on board.

And yet, they still remain unidentified. Very convenient.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dantrav

Name one historical event where everything "synched" up?? Good luck, its going to be a long search.

Of course I also ran across this...

www.nytimes.com...

For the World Trade Center site, with a much larger area to search and an initially undetermined number of victims, the F.B.I. identified the 10 terrorists’ DNA profiles from personal items, Mr. Kolko said, which included recovered luggage and cigarette butts left in a rental car. The unnamed DNA profiles of those terrorists were then supplied to the medical examiner’s office.

So it appears that the majority of the hijackers HAVE been identified by their DNA.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I am sorry, but i believe the official story is a crock. It has been changed multiple times after facing the scrutiny of skeptics.

Believe what you want, but i won't believe it until it actually makes sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I for one think this is a step in the right direction S&F

You know there have been so many hair brained Ideas and web pages that claim "this is the gods honest truth" that the average Joe will read them and believe just about anything these days.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dantrav

No, the official story has not changed since the day it happened. Nineteen hijackers affiliated with Al Qaeda, hijacked four airliners, flying three of them into the Twin Towers and Pentagon, leading to the collapse of both Towers and by proxy WTC7, the fourth crashing into a field in Pennsylvania.

Details about how the buildings might have collapsed have changed, but then since there were not any recording devices nor any survivors from the collapse areas, we will never know the exact details.

So you can accept the truth, and the facts as we know them while you still walk the surface of the Earth OR you can wait to ask St Peter.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't believe that anyone would fall for this. You can't believe they found bodies....

Give me a Second..............................

Now that I've thought about it, they found passports after the inferno of tower one. The terrorist's passports showed up on the street below.

So, I guess maybe('
')

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
ZDFGHJGFJHKFGD
ZJHFGBYCF7QK7KG7Q3HDMKJHBW4935657W8E7T
HUmAnS ARE DESTROYING THESE PLANETXGFJZDFJHNZDRYDTYH

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

How is the constant changing of how the buildings collapsed not a changing of the official story? How is it someone that someone is a fool for asking questions? Why didn't the investigation continue?

As for the facts, as i have always believed, have an open mind because facts change every day. What was true yesterday is not today, always keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Using advanced DNA analysis to identify genetic profiles from tiny fragments of tissue or bone recovered and weed out those of the hijackers
from recovered remains.

Wow! You guys are KIDDING RIGHT! It would take years to test every piece of dirt, every piece of ash, every piece of fine powder, to separated WHAT? Seven of the highjackers are still walking around! How can the lying Government do any DNA testing on something that dose not exist?

At Least 7 of the 9/11
Hijackers are Still Alive

The muscle hijackers 'picked by bin Ladin':
Satam al Suqami, Wail and Waleed al Shehri (two brothers) Both Alive, Abdul Aziz al Omari Alive, Fayez Banihammad (from the UAE), Ahmed al Ghamdi, Hamza al Ghamdi, Mohand al Shehri Alive, Saeed al Ghamdi Alive, Ahmad al Haznawi, Ahmed al Nami Alive, Majed Moqed, and Salem al Hazmi Alive (the brother of Nawaf al Hazmi).
How can the 9/11 Commission be taken seriously when they refer to alive 'hijackers'?

Several major news organizations wrongly identified at least four pilots of Middle Eastern descent as likely hijackers. Two of the wrongly suspected pilots had Arabic names similar to those of two dead hijackers. A pilot living next door to one of them became a third wrong suspect. A pilot with the same last name became the fourth wrong suspect -- even though he'd been dead for a year. [Wall Street Journal]

The FBI has named five hijackers on board Flight 11, whereas Ms Sweeney spotted only four. Also, the seat numbers she gave were different from those registered in the hijackers' names. [BBC News]

CNN reported that the men who hijacked the aircraft used phony IDs containing the names of real people living in Arab nations in the middle east.
The Saudi Airlines pilot, Saeed Al-Ghamdi, 25, and Abdulaziz Al-Omari, an engineer from Riyadh, are furious that the hijackers' "personal details" - including name, place, date of birth and occupation - matched their own. [Telegraph]

The FBI says there is no evidence to link the above men to the 9/11 hijackings.
In September 2002, [FBI Director Robert Mueller] told CNN twice that there is "no legal proof to prove the identities of the suicidal hijackers." [Insight]

So, one fact is apparent. If those who hijacked the 9/11 airplanes were using stolen identities, then we don't know who they were or who they worked for. We can't. It's impossible.
A Saudi embassy official said it was difficult to know for certain whether the hijackers used bogus names. "You cannot throw a stone in Saudi Arabia without hitting an Al Ghamdi," he said, referring to the alleged last name of three of the hijackers. [Chicago Tribune]

Now, people who are intending to commit suicide normally don't worry about whether anyone knows their real name, and it is here that some other odd aspects of this case take on a new meaning.
We are told that the group that planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks were highly trained (possibly by the CIA) experts, with knowledge of how to steal identities and forge fake IDs, yet at the same time we are being told that these men were incapable of correctly filling in US visa applications.
We are also being told that they spent the night before the attack getting drunk in bars, making noise, screaming insults at the "infidels", and doing everything they could to attract attention to themselves. They used the credit cards issued in their stolen names, allowed their driver's licenses with the stolen names to be photocopied, and used public library computers to send emails back and forth using their stolen names signed to unencrypted messages about their plans to steal aircraft and crash them into buildings, then decorated their apartments with absurdly obvious props such as a crop dusting manual to the point where the whole affair reads like a low budget "B" detective movie from the 1930s.
In short, these men did everything they could to make sure everyone knew who they were, or more to the point, who they were pretending to be.
Because the IDs used by the hijackers were phony, we cannot know who they really were or who they really worked for. But what is apparent is that those who planned the hijackings and the 9/11 attacks went out of their way to leave plenty of clues pointing to citizens of middle eastern Arab nations.
Many of the investigators believe that some of the initial clues that were uncovered about the terrorists' identities and preparations, such as flight manuals, were meant to be found. A former high-level intelligence official told me, "Whatever trail was left was left deliberately-for the F.B.I. to chase." [The New Yorker]

We don't know who planned 9/11 attacks.
But we do know who they wanted us to think they were.
We do know who they intended America to blame for the attacks.

whatreallyhappened.com...

Hijack 'suspects' alive and well
Another of the men named by the FBI as a hijacker in the suicide attacks on Washington and New York has turned up alive and well.
The identities of four of the 19 suspects accused of having carried out the attacks are now in doubt.
Saudi Arabian pilot Waleed Al Shehri was one of five men that the FBI said had deliberately crashed American Airlines flight 11 into the World Trade Centre on 11 September.
His photograph was released, and has since appeared in newspapers and on television around the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Tracking the 19 Hijackers
What are they up to now?
At least 9 of them survived 9/11
A former high-level intelligence official told me, "Whatever trail was left
was left deliberately--for the F.B.I. to chase." New Yorker 10/1/01 by Seymour Hersh

www.welfarestate.com...

None of the hijackers family members or home governments has asked
for the return of the recovered remains.....

Because there where no remains and no highjackers, all you diehard Government believers have no proof of any highjackers but the word of your master G- BUSH and the lying Government and your sold out Press! You all have” NO PROOF”!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
we all know that matter what happened to those people that were going to get on flight 93 that day, they are gone.

I still remember the videos from that day like it was yesterday, nothing is gonna change my mind about what I think after seeing it with my own eyes, and that is, of course, that there is no way a Boeing 747 or 757 whichever it was - crashed in that field. kthx.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dantrav

You do realize, all of that is best 'guess' right? No one will ever know that column 29 failed before column 30 or exactly which floor trusses failed first and whether that was due to a lack of fireproofing or stresses that exceeded the design safety factor. Its kind of like this..People spent 70 years thinking that the Titanic had a 300 foot hole ripped into its side, and in the end, they discovered it wasnt a 300 foot hole, but a few dozen or so smaller holes. It changed the official story, but did it really matter? The ship still sank.

So the Towers structure may have failed differently than some people originally thought, but in the end, does it change the fact that airliners slammed into them at high speed, starting a reaction that led to their collapse? Not really

Someone who continues to ask questions is not necessarily a fool

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Great!('
')

But most will deny and claim the media propaganda correct. They've been trained this way from birth.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

And as many times as the "alive" hijacker story has been demolished on ATS and elsewhere, you still go back to it Cashlink? How many times do you have to see all the evidence that says those are the 19 hijackers that died that day?

Really dont feel like going through all of them again...so lets look at one

Abdulaziz Al Omari

"The name (reported by the FBI) is my name and the birth date is the same as mine, but I am not the one who bombed the World Trade Centre in New York," Abdulaziz Alomari told the London-based Asharq al-Awsat newspaper.

Alomari, born on December 24, 1972, was interviewed in the Saudi capital, Riyadh. It quoted him as saying that he left the United States in April 2000 and that he was at his Riyadh office at the time of the bombings of the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon

Yep, that guy is still alive. However, the Al Omari that hijacked the airliner was born May 28, 1979. So yes, the BBC jumped on a guy with the same name, but they goofed. The hijackers are dead Cash, walk towards the light and accept the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I completely agree that all of this is best guess, on both sides of this fight. Thus my opinion that everyone should be asking question and probing until "best guess" turns to "most likely or truth," is valid. Is it not?

Unfortunately the titanic was not maliciously sunk and we didn't go to war with the iceberg. 9/11 was an act of malice. That makes the official report's accuracy all the more necessary. It determines who is at fault and who should be punished whether it be Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, terrorist, or our own government.

Who flew the planes? As Cashlink posted, there is alot of "factual evidence" that contradicts official reports. Does that not at least raise an eyebrow?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No they didn't find bodies, they found body parts. Hands, feet, skin, bone fragments, etc.

I read somewhere that no intact bodies were found of anyone onboard the airliners.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join